Gransnet forums

Chat

Paying for your shopping

(103 Posts)
Largolass Wed 29-Apr-20 14:00:53

I add my neighbour's shopping list to my Sainsbury's order and she pays me by cheque which I then pay into the Bank using the App on my phone very simple.

Jane10 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:00:31

I'm very glad I set up online banking. It's a bit of a palaver at first but you soon get used to it. It's enabled me to make payments quickly and easily and, crucially, I can check my account whenever I want to so immediately spotted a transaction that I hadn't made. A phone call to the bank fraud department was enough to stop it. My card had been cloned in a pin machine or cash point. If I'd had to wait for a printed statement at the end of the month my account could have been cleaned out.
I don't mean to alarm you though watermeadow, just to encourage you to persevere with online banking.

watermeadow Wed 29-Apr-20 13:46:18

For 6 weeks other people have done all my shopping. I do not bank on line and have found paying difficult. Nobody wants cash and they can’t pay a cheque into a bank.
I’ve given my bank card to family members to use but sometimes need it before I get it back. I’m also concerned about it getting lost.
I can’t go out to buy birthday presents so need to send money to grandchildren.
I’ve looked at on line banking only to confirm that I cannot do it, I am scared stiff by technology and by numbers. Nobody can help me as we’re all isolating.
There must be legions of old people having the same trouble. How do you manage?