Keep up with contacting distant friends

Have more days out

Not want to be in close contact with strangers

Put your make up on

Mollygo Fri 01-May-20 11:38:11

Will:
Keep putting make up on
Continue wearing masks for as long as necessary
Go for a walk, but probably drive the 2.5 miles to the park and walk there instead of round the houses.
Keep up with languages-I started last year, but it’s been a blessing in lockdown
Continue to use Zoom-a new skill
Will restart;
Visiting the hairdresser
Going to gym
Enjoy meeting friends and family for coffee or meals
Visiting the hairdresser
Work, not just from home
Book a river cruise but not the one we missed
Have a manicure
Will not:
Sew scrubs, bags and masks
Keep doing my once a week jobs more than once!
Go to London again
Go to China-the cruise we had booked
Go to concerts or other very large gatherings for quite a while-sorry Andre Rieu

BeenBizzy Fri 01-May-20 11:46:09

Go for a long countryside drive.
See family and friends. .......Get a big hug from my son.
Get my hair cut and permed.
Go shopping, although will continue with monthly groceries being delivered. New to this, but like.
Continue with my rebounding, the mini trampoline has worked wonders for my arthritic knees.
Get some decorators in ... Just a couple of rooms.
Keep my face part covered where ever I go.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 01-May-20 12:28:18

1) A necessary trip to the hairdresser
2) A family party assuming we dare hug each other!!
3) Keep having shopping delivered
4) Probably keep on baking
5) Put away my sewing machine (making washbags for NHS)
6) Go out for coffee and meet friends
7) Continue Walking the dog in the afternoons
8) Look forward to taking the GC to the park

EthelJ Fri 01-May-20 12:50:33

I can't see myself feeling confident to be in big crowds again. And I can't see myself ever on a plane again.
I feel as though my world has shrunken as my anxiety levels have grown. At the moment I can't see life getting back to normal.

cupcake1 Fri 01-May-20 13:04:54

Hug my DC and DGC
Have DS and DDIL to stay for the weekend
Visit hairdresser for highlights and cut
Get filling replaced at the dentist
Go out for the day in the car
Have a few holidays in the U.K. terrified now of going abroad
Look idly around the shops
Get plumber in to finish bathroom that was started pre lockdown
Get decorators and carpet fitters in
Continue to wear makeup
Continue with my daily glass of wine with dinner but hopefully eat less!
Meet friends again
WILL NOT
Go on a cruise (didn’t appeal in the first place certainly doesn’t now)!
Go to near strangers
Go to the cinema until there’s a vaccine
Go to pubs/restaurants until there’s a vaccine
Procrastinate (hopefully!)

Knittynatter Fri 01-May-20 13:45:39

My hair is shoulder length and mostly mousy blonde with the exception of grey streaks at each side of my face. Since lockdown and WFH I have started to dye my grey streaks blue.
I love it. I may continue that when we go back to the office ?
Am looking forward to seeing my family and friends again but am not in a hurry to go anywhere crowded. Will not be looking at foreign holidays.
I’ve always walked at lunch break anyway and don’t drink so am having to get through this sober!
My house is extremely tidy just now - I am not expect that to continue ?

NfkDumpling Fri 01-May-20 14:01:14

Its taken a while but I have now thought of something I will continue to do. I will probably continue to make my own bread. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy doing it.

Joesoap Fri 01-May-20 14:56:52

Not much will change as we havent had many restrictions, but I will get the first plane I can to the UK!
I will go on public transport but try and keep my distance.
Go to Town and people watch.
Priority one to hug my children and Grandchildren, we have met, but havent been able to be near them.
Otherwise life will be as it is now for us. We have been lucky

Tangerine Fri 01-May-20 15:02:13

When lockdown is over, I shan't immediately dash to the hairdresser or go out and about and meet people. I shall start slowly and see how things go. At first, I'll still be cautious.

I do agree with the poster who said that restaurants will need our support but I should imagine that they are one of the last sort of businesses which will open.

It will be nice to go out for meals with friends again but I am not in a big rush.

Peardrop50 Fri 01-May-20 16:19:22

1. Have always walked every day.
2. Stopped dyeing my hair in January and cut very short last month so now very Judi Dench.
3. Always shopped every ten days or so as we live out in the sticks.
4. Have stuck to same hobbies but hope to continue daily board game with Mr P, great fun.
5. Hope to be more mindful of what I eat, have been conscious of only ordering essential items so less junky treats, losing a bit of weight so that's a plus.
6. Don't really drink anyway.
7. Always been good at keeping in touch with long distance family and friends so no change there.
8. Will probably have less days out as I've discovered new found contentment at home.
9. I'm sure I'll be wary of close contact with anyone, not just strangers. It will take some time and a vaccination before my self preservation levels relax.
10. Rarely wear makeup.
and one of my own
11. Will probably wear a mask if I have to go anywhere public until there is a vaccine.

Patsy429 Fri 01-May-20 16:38:23

First stop - hairdressers for highlights and cut but I imagine I will have a few weeks' wait for an appointment.
Joint first - cuddle my new grandson. I have seen him from a distance but he is growing far too quickly and is even smiling now. I'm missing out on so much!
I will still walk, although will find more interesting places than the local streets although I have discovered places that I never knew existed.
I will love to get back to church even though we have Zoom meetings. I realise when I see everyone's faces, how much I miss them.
I will still wear makeup but will think twice about having beauty treatments as I've found home remedies are just as efficient and a lot cheaper.
I will not buy as much food. For the first month of lockdown we just ate our way through the cupboards and freezer. Useful at the time but just far too much stuff there.
I will find time to read and relax.
I will still enjoy a glass of white wine and eat well.
I will enjoy times with friends over coffee or lunch - maybe at their house or mine, as it will be some time before we can actually eat out I'm sure.
Will not be so keen to holiday abroad.
Will enjoy being with my husband, my family and just the freedom to be able to do what I want.

lincolnimp Fri 01-May-20 16:39:09

Hopefully we will move house---as long as the chain isn't broken-----and move our little Foster Child on to her Adopters, both of which have been put on indefinite hold

Happysexagenarian Fri 01-May-20 17:32:55

I didn't walk and exercise much before lockdown and I won't afterwards. Just walking around our acre garden is enough exercise for me!

I'll continue to avoid crowded shops and town centres until a Covid vaccine/treatment is available.

I won't be rushing to the hairdresser even though my hair looks a mess. It was permed and cut last October and I'll just let it grow longer and perhaps try a new style when my hairdresser is less busy - Christmas or January perhaps!

I will continue to order my groceries online once a fortnight, and to order from the wonderful local shops and suppliers that we have discovered during lockdown.

We probably won't see our children, grandchildren, friends or neighbours any more frequently than we did before and that's fine with us.

I'll continue with the hobbies and interests that I've been doing before and throughout lockdown, hopefully it will gradually become easier to get supplies.

I will avoid buying products from China and the USA until they've been clear of Covid for 6 months.

I will continue to sanitize grocery, parcel and mail deliveries as they arrive (we don't know who's handled them) until there have been no new cases of CV19 in the UK for 3 months.

I will always remember, respect and appreciate our wonderful NHS workers, and private health care workers, (and many many other services too many to list) and the efforts and sacrifices they have made. And I hope, if in the future, they have to ask for help regarding working hours, conditions or salaries that their efforts this year will not be forgotten.

NfkDumpling Fri 01-May-20 17:53:25

I suppose I should start to wear a bra again if I’m going out. confused

Peardrop50 Fri 01-May-20 18:47:29

Happysexagenarian. Your final paragraph brought a tear to my eye. I agree, lest we forget......

biddycatt Fri 01-May-20 19:50:02

increase the size of my veg garden, shop local with a list, visit my family, enjoy freedom again, but have enjoyed the wonderful weather nature, quietness and lack of tourists!

GabriellaG54 Fri 01-May-20 21:48:59

I WILL still:

Dye my hair (as I have done during lockdown)
Run
Eat about the same
Sleep about the same amount
Keep in touch with people as much (or as little) as I have always done.

I will NOT

Kiss ...unless immediate family
Hug... unless AC or immediate family
Shake hands
Go where there are crowds
Travel by air
Eat out...unless fish n chips takeaway, no other food.
Frequent bars or pubs
Shop as much
Swim in public pools

In other words, I will be very wary as this virus will hang around for quite a while after sanctions are lifted...mark my words.

GabriellaG54 Fri 01-May-20 21:53:14

Avoiding buying products from China and the USA is pointless as they will be selling stuff that has lain in warehouses during lockdown and will we ever know whether those countries are 100% free from Covid-19?

Daisyboots Sat 02-May-20 01:26:18

I dont walk or should say I cant walk far so that wont change.
In Portugal our state of emergency ends this weekend and is replaced by state of calamity . So the lock down isnt being lifted but gradually eased. As I am having chemotherapy and am over 70 I still wont be able to go to supermarkets etc. But hairdressers and other small shops are able to open from Monday with strict hygiene rules so my DH and I will be going to my hairdresser/beautician one afternoon and we will be the only ones there. I want my nails gelled to protect them from coming off as a side effect of chemo and my hair is now needing a trim after growing again after the last chemo. But other than going to hospital that is all I will be doing. Will be nice if we can go for a drive to the sea 10 miles away but all beaches are still closed.
Masks have to be worn in public and in all shops and on public transport. From 18th May cafes and restaurants can open but may only have up to 50% capacity so as to keep distance between tables. Wont be risking any of them though. No decisions on hotels and flights but it's thought that wont be until July. So the government are taking everything very slowly in the hope of not having a second spike of the virus. Yesterday the death rate reached 1007 but the daily numbers having been getting lower and lower plus we get the see the numbers of those who have been tested and have recovered which is greater than the number of deaths.
Just an small insight into how another country is trying to deal with the situation.

Skweek1 Sat 02-May-20 08:46:54

1. Hair style.
2. Get back to my Creative Writing group, choir, aqua aerobics group and Womens group.
3. I'd promised myself to do a long-distance footpath camping holiday, but planning it for next year now.
4. Weekly routine to go to pub with son and normally meet his best friend.
5. Do weekly shop without queuing to get into supermarket.
6. Browse in WHSmith and Game Store.
7. I hope I'll keep up new hobbies and continue with household chores (cleaning, keeping decluttered and ironing, which I hate but like the end result).
8. Am a semi-pro horse-racing investor and miss making regular money - look forward to getting back to it!
9. Visit garden centre.

TerriBull Sat 02-May-20 09:45:54

Haven't read all the posts, but my husband and I talk about this all the time. Having read that there were three waves of Spanish flu, I think this latest virus may take over a year to run it's course and burn itself out. I tend to veer on the side of caution so regrettably I can't see myself doing the following for a while, which were part of my life, going out for meals, getting on a plane, doing the several times a week supermarket shop, visiting shops in the high street, going to the gym, having lunch with friends, not sure about hairdressers, would like to go back for an appointment sometime this year. Will cautiously see children and grandchildren. Will probably maintain once a week food shopping, continue to order more on line, although I really don't like putting more money in the coffers of the Great Satan and feel terribly sad at the thought of the demise of the already struggling high street. We will try to use our NT membership more, once they open up and wander round some of their lovely gardens, no doubt taking a packed lunch sad instead of eating in their cafes. My husband will resume his golfing life, because they play well in excess of 2 metres apart, but has said it will just be golf, without drinks, coffees or meals afterwards. Will continue to walk in Bushy Park, we did that anyway. Will drive to other places, maybe have a break in Britain somewhere, although unless it's self catering, meals out will be a necessity. To summarise therefore have to wait until we have a clearer picture of how it all pans out.

TerriBull Sat 02-May-20 09:47:25

Forgot to say continue to wear masks and hopefully see family members face to face, personally I don't like "Zoom" meet ups.

Pittcity Sat 02-May-20 09:58:32

I will walk more as I like to have somewhere to walk to and not just walking for walkings sake.
I don't dye my hair but I will go back to blow-drying and styling it.
I will put a bit of makeup on.
I will go back to shopping more often.
I'll eat less as DH will have less time to cook.

henetha Sat 02-May-20 10:01:23

I love going to the cinema but can't see myself being happy to do that again for a long time.
Even though I have a car I still uses buses sometimes, but don't think I will now for a long time.
I look forward to seeing all my grandchildren and will ask the hairdresser one to give me pink streaks again.
I will drive to the sea and walk along a beach. And go to the moors. And go for walks away from this area... it's lovely but I'm sick of it at the moment!
Hopefully my little gang of local friends will get together again soon. And yet, - I've realised recently that I don't actually miss them. It's just my family that I miss.
No hugging for a while.
No going out to lunch for a while
Not much shopping, stick to online deliveries. But I would just like to go to a garden centre.
Never take the NHS for granted again.
Carry on washing my hands a lot, etc... for ages .

b1zzle Sat 02-May-20 10:09:15

Keep a 'store' of non-perishable foods just in case there's another lockdown in the future. (It'll be a long time before this virus is totally eliminated;
Have more respect for toilet tissue (amazing how long you can make one roll last when you have to);
Phone friends more often;
Be kinder/nicer and wear a smile instead of a mask.