Gransnet forums

Chat

Three things

(122 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Fri 01-May-20 07:54:26

What three things really irk you the most?
Mine are:
1) Anyone who phones me when they are doing other things, such as loading the dishwasher/washing dishes, in the loo, talking to other people in the room etc.
2) Drivers who haven't a clue where they are going, fail to indicate at roundabouts and drive like snails.
3) Anyone who doesn't speak properly ie: gonna, goin' havin' yous fink...was instead of were.
Yours are?

Maggiemaybe Fri 01-May-20 14:55:03

Nowhere else to sit not no one else.

One thing that irks me - my fat fingers!

Predictive text is another (though it comes in handy sometimes).

And people who believe any old guff they read on the Internet, and pass it on.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 01-May-20 15:16:53

When you are walking along the path and someone comes bombing up behind you on a bike usually adults, when they are cycle paths next to them, People that can’t seem to hold a conversation without swearing People that drink from milk bottles and put back

JackyB Fri 01-May-20 15:52:13

Cyclists who ride on the road when there is a cycle path.
Products that I think are the best thing since sliced bread being discontinued without warning.
Inane comments on Youtube (although that's par for the course I suppose)

And a bonus point for bad spelling, especially on the BBC website.

Missfoodlove Fri 01-May-20 17:56:29

Anyone who cannot pronounce H and T, uses sloppy language (innit) and doesn’t know the difference between what/that etc etc!

People that dress in a disrespectful manner for an occasion or event.

Entitlement!

I could go on and on?

JeanGenie14 Fri 01-May-20 18:07:28

The constant use of “You guys”- where did that awful phrase cone from?
People who talk in LOUD voices- thank you, I don’t need to know...
Celebrities and their constant selfies- yeuk!

NotAGran55 Fri 01-May-20 19:25:18

Middle lane hoggers on motorways . The rule of the road is ‘keep left ‘ grrrrr..

Dogs being off the lead on public footpaths . Particularly now during lockdown . I do not want your dog running at me thank you very much .

Smokers outside buildings throwing their dog ends onto the ground. Filthy habit and filthy behaviour.

Grandmabeach Sat 02-May-20 09:51:01

Swearing all the time - once asked someone at the next breakfast table in a hotel if he knew any adjectives other than f***.
Cyclists on pavements particularly at the moment when the roads are so empty
Bad manners.

Froglady Sat 02-May-20 09:52:12

1. People who put waste food on public ground for the pigeons ( we have so many pigeons, seagulls, rooks and crows and RATS because people don't seem able to link up food on ground equals rats.
2. Motorists who don't use their indicators.
3. People who tell lies.

Janetashbolt Sat 02-May-20 09:55:03

People who answer the door whilst on their phones, it's rude to me and the person on the other end. I used to work on checkout so don't get me started on the idiots who can't hang up to deal with their purchases

BusterTank Sat 02-May-20 09:55:49

Mine are
1) selfish people
2) liars
3) people who say they are going to do things and don't .

b1zzle Sat 02-May-20 09:59:06

Echo cyclists on pavements/people so engrossed in their phones while walking;
The young woman in the upstairs flat and her children who think it's ok to stamp all day every day;
Men in the 'elderly & vulnerable' queue outside the supermarket who like the sound of their own voices (until they get inside where they dither because they haven't a clue about how to shop).

Mollygo Sat 02-May-20 09:59:30

Boaster or story toppers, especially in places where they know it will make some others feel bad-though perhaps they never think of that.

People who don’t know roundabout rules.

People who converse loudly on their mobiles for a whole train journey. I once asked an offender to put it on speaker so we could hear both sides of the story!

RosesAreRed21 Sat 02-May-20 09:59:42

When you hold a door open for someone and they walk though and don't say thank you.

When you stop to let another drive pass and they don't even acknowledge it.

People that are late (obviously genuine reasons are understandable)

When you are talking and someone cuts in and completely changes the subject

..........i could go on and on

grandMattie Sat 02-May-20 10:00:48

1. Bullies
2. Hypocrites
3. Liars
4. Unnecessary unkindness

TerryM Sat 02-May-20 10:01:50

People who have their phone conversations on hands free in the bus etc
People who don't indicate
Those damn kitchen drawers that open by themselves hmm

Beanie654321 Sat 02-May-20 10:04:52

1. Dog walkers who do not feel the need to pick up doggie dos.
2. Cyclists who feel it is ok to cycle on pavement, even when I have to walk in the road.
3. Governments who do not listen to experts when they are told what is safe and what isn't, does Trump think he knows better than WHO?

MawB Sat 02-May-20 10:05:54

I would add to Petunia’s comment
Women who get on the bus and plonk their bags in the inside seat then sit down in the outside seat. Then gaze innocently out of the window as the bus fills, thus ensuring that most of the journey they have a seat to themselves
That applies equally to men who do the same on trains with their briefcases -my number one!
2) those wretched 2 wheeled cases dragged at an angle thus achieving social distancing all by themselves (plus tripping others up)
3) SUV’s or other Chelsea tractors who cannot flipping well fit themselves into a supermarket parking bay. Yes they are wider, but parking anywhere other than in the middle makes getting in and out of your car well nigh impossible if they end up next to you.

Dee1012 Sat 02-May-20 10:10:29

My three are...
People on public transport who wear backpacks, especially on a train. They turn and virtually "take out" those behind.
People who talk really loudly, either on mobile phones or to the person next to them.
People who are intent on giving you their opinion/advice when not asked for.

linspot Sat 02-May-20 10:10:46

The Just Eat advert. When they sing "Did somebody say Just Eat" I cannot help singing "No, nobody said Just Eat" back to the TV.
Joggers who run up behind you on their silent trainers on a dark winters evening and scare the living daylights out of you. They should wear bells.
When, on answering the phone the person on the other end says "It's me." I know loads of 'me's', which 'me' am I talking to?

JaneRn Sat 02-May-20 10:26:02

1. People who cannot stop looking at their mobile phones and talking to them wherever they are = shop, restaurant, in the street, even with other people - and always very loudly.

2. Companies who offer "free" gifts. A gift is free!

3. Backpacks in crowded places. - a good way to knock someone over.

4. Cyclists who despite spending hundreds on their machine cannot apparently afford a bell to warn pedestrians of their approach.

gardeningpower Sat 02-May-20 10:31:37

The power companies who repeatedly phone even when you have told them to stop, I blocked one company so they kept leaving me voicemails instead, When on the train or bus before we were isolated someone on the phone speaking loudly for a long time, Mothers on their mobile while the kids obviously need attention

Craftycat Sat 02-May-20 10:34:24

Americans!

Cold callers

DH when he stays up until the early hours & then wants to sleep in for half the morning.

Moggycuddler Sat 02-May-20 10:35:48

I could easily make a list of 50 things! But - people (usually teenagers) standing on corners in groups and spitting on the ground (even before the virus.)

People with no respect for others and who shout/are foul mouthed/laugh and scream uproariously and flail around etc on buses and trains, or in other public places close to other people.

People who can't discuss something calmly without making it into a screaming argument.

timetogo2016 Sat 02-May-20 10:38:20

Spot on Sussexborn.

Riggie Sat 02-May-20 10:38:55

Drivers who edge halfway out of a side road into a queue thinking they can bully their way in (nope, but I'll let you out if you are waiting patiently though)

People who are incapable of closkng a cuoboard/drawer and of actually ojtting something they got out back.

People who constantly talk over you when you are speaking. Then saying "sorry for talking over you". No you are not or youbwouldnt keep doing it!