Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else getting the days muddled

(30 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sat 09-May-20 14:19:37

Well all the days are completely gone for me, Completely gone to pot, although I’m doing different things to keep my mind occupied, I have to double think which day it actually is

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 14:28:14

grin

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 13-May-20 14:06:39

Alishka I never took Punch, so I don’t think so, but sorry I don’t remember where I first saw it..........
It was a very long time ago, the drawing has faded so much.
The only dates I have on my calendar ATM are birthdays and a click and collect date next week........I have to set my iPad calendar to remind me when the days are , FHS 2 dates and I can’t remember them .

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 13:58:08

Ahh, just seen that our msgs are date/time stamped! Problem solvedgrin

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 13:53:29

Oopsadaisy3 - it made me laugh then and it makes me laugh still - and it's oh! so relevant! I've just completed an online delivery from Iceland, the only s'market round here which has spaces and I've booked delivery between 10-12 on Friday. I've no idea....off to google what day it is todayshockI truly haven't a clue..
PS was that cartoon first published in Punch, do you know?

Oopsadaisy3 Wed 13-May-20 12:31:10

Alishka it’s on my study wall, it Still makes me laugh, DH thinks I’m mad.....

Alishka Wed 13-May-20 11:43:11

Oopsadaisy3 that's the one! - Tuesday/Thursday = same difference these days!grin
Nice to come across someone else who remembers itsmile

Witzend Mon 11-May-20 10:21:25

On Saturday dh rang a very old friend, who said he’d ring back later since they were just zooming off to do a food shop before the shop closed.

Since it was only about 3.15 we thought it odd that a supermarket was closing so early on a Saturday, but thought it was maybe lockdown hours, to enable social-distancing shelf stacking, etc.

The friend phoned back the next day, and the first thing he said to dh was, ‘You could have told me it wasn’t Sunday!’ ?

Ohmother Sun 10-May-20 17:50:52

I’m working part time from home and when I wake up I have to check if it’s a working day or not. Sooooo confused!

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 10-May-20 17:45:18

She copied it for me....

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 10-May-20 17:44:29

Alishka my DD drew that cartoon for me many years ago

Alishka Sun 10-May-20 11:37:47

I'm another who only realised a short time ago that today is Sunday - thought that Sunday was yesterdayconfused

Hey! this reminds me of a cartoon, years ago, in Punch possibly? Anyway, there's two hippos and one says to the other "I keep thinking that today's Thursday"gringringrin

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 09-May-20 20:25:03

Muddled? I made a great Sunday Lunch today , got it ready for 12.30 for DD to collect from doorstep. Needless to say she didn’t arrive............
DH watched me cooking and didn’t think to say anything.
PSo I’m blaming him.

GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 19:21:08

Yesterday has become the day before today and tomorrow is the day after today.
That way it's up to the listener/reader to work it out. ?

GabriellaG54 Sat 09-May-20 19:18:33

Me too. The one time I'm ever going to belong to the 'me too' brigade.
Sunday tomorrow but even then I had to stop and think 'Did we have bins emptied yesterday or the day before?'

grandMattie Sat 09-May-20 18:40:14

Constantly. BC, we had Sunday’s for church, Tuesdays for tai chi, etc. Now every day is the same. It requires a lot of effort to make sure we are on the right day.
Yesterday was Saturday and is today, tomorrow? Who knows!

Guineagirl Sat 09-May-20 18:25:07

Yes me too. They’re all the same. It was made worse my flap clock had not moved on I looked at it it said Monday on Wednesday and I honestly thought is that right?

TerriBull Sat 09-May-20 17:53:42

Oh every day's a bank holiday now! and I constantly have to remind myself what month it is as well.

ninathenana Sat 09-May-20 17:50:02

All day Friday 1st May I kept thinking it was Saturday. Himself said yesterday morning that he didn't realise it was Bank Holiday

SueDonim Sat 09-May-20 17:03:47

This week I’ve had Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday and today was Friday until lunchtime, whereupon it became Sunday. confused

Oopsminty Sat 09-May-20 16:45:04

I sent my daughter in law her birthday card and gift a month early.

I now seldom know what the day is

It's just 'something' day today. And tomorrow. And yesterday.

annodomini Sat 09-May-20 16:33:22

I had to ask Alexa what day it was on Wednesday because I thought it might be Thursday when the bins have to go out at night.

Beechnut Sat 09-May-20 15:25:43

Today is Sunday, yesterday was Monday, tomorrow who knows ?

MawB Sat 09-May-20 15:19:59

Merlot I am reminded of Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey asking very imperiously “And what is a weekend?” grin

TrendyNannie6 Sat 09-May-20 15:18:09

?? oh I know what you mean Suziewoozie

suziewoozie Sat 09-May-20 14:44:27

I’m getting dates wrong. Yesterday evening I asked DH why we had had VE day on 7 May and not waited for the 8 May. I said was it because we couldn’t have a bank holiday on a Saturday. He was speechless