Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Mon 11-May-20 06:17:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright clear blue sky over Brackley this morning .
Today, will be some cleaning up, and exercise indoors I have 2 ways with dumbbells and a thing were I put me feet in , and then use the other bit with a handle on to use.
Sit on thee floor and do a rowing exercise.
Normal as I used to know as disappeared, but cannot wait for its return.
Take Care
Mick

Puzzler61 Mon 11-May-20 08:36:15

Marydoll A hug for you and hoping you have the strength to get through this (2nd) awful day without suffering more attacks.
Technology is good and bad and Your SIL is sadly caught up in the far too frequent nasty scams. Her next of kin’s must take some of the strain off you!
Make sure you eat meals today please X

Sar53 Mon 11-May-20 08:39:07

Good morning everyone from a very windy Essex by the sea. There was a flood warning along our piece of coast for 03.00 hours this morning at high tide. No evidence of it here but we are on the second floor ??. That was me being a little flippant, no offence meant to anyone who may have been less fortunate than us.
Our twin grandchildren are 3 today and we will drive 15 minutes away and drop presents off in the porch and wave from the car. Nothing else planned.
Marydoll sorry to hear your trials and tribulations of yesterday, hope you can get things resolved today ?.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Urmstongran Mon 11-May-20 08:40:35

Oh god Marydoll that all sounds so stressful and frustrating. I think it’s a good idea to involve your nephew now - he’s been let off lightly so far!

You have way more patience than me. I’d have just been tempted to say Virgin said the account is closed and cannot be opened! She is too exposed to scammers to be on a computer (or phone, probably) She probably opens links to all sorts putting herself in jeopardy on a regular basis. If you get this episode sorted, sadly I’d expect another one along down the line. Time for your own health to pass the baton to her son and let your sister in law know you’re not up to it anymore.

Good luck. xx

brook2704 Mon 11-May-20 08:42:22

So sorry to hear about your SIL offloading problems on you Marydoll , I’m sure you’ve got more than enough to cope with without additional stress and worries. Please take care and look after yourself first ??

Urmstongran Mon 11-May-20 08:45:10

Just read my post. Hope my directness hasn’t offended you Marydoll. I don’t really for one minute think you’re not ‘up to it’ - just that you could say it to wriggle out of all the angst!

Lins1066 Mon 11-May-20 08:47:27

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny, windy and chilly S Welsh coast.
I still have some kitchen cupboards to empty and sort. DH has five bags of garden waste out for the collection this morning. A day of pottering and a walk later, I'm happy with that. DS phoned last night and it was lovely to chat to him.
So sorry that you have to deal with all this Marydoll it is time for your nephew to take responsibility and set up POA. Take care of yourself.
Stay safe everyone.

Pittcity Mon 11-May-20 08:57:10

Good morning from breezy Colchester. Temperature in single figures brrr...
Don't think I'll be going out once let alone multiple times today.

Virtual hugs to all especially Marydoll and Gillybob

Mapleleaf Mon 11-May-20 09:02:54

Good morning everyone,

It’s brighter than yesterday but still cool and very breezy. I don’t think I’ll be pottering in the garden today.

Oh dear, Marydoll you must be exhausted after all that stress yesterday. I agree, it’s time to involve her son in matters and let him sort things out, as you could do without all the extra worry and stress. It’s having too much of an impact on your own health and well being.

Not sure what I’m going to busy myself with today, but no doubt I’ll find something.

Hope today is kind to you all. Stay safe. ?

Serendipity22 Mon 11-May-20 09:04:01

Good morning everyone from Yorkshire.... apparently it has been SNOWING this a.m ( according to facebook )
My son lives in Canada and when I was talking to him last Friday it had just started 'icing sugar' snow.... so its headed right over here ! Haha.

This a.m I have had my lovely cup of coffee ( Mellow Birds ) and I am going to finish off the patchwork drawstring bags for my friend, then with the bits of material left I am making some headbands for her...

Anyway, the sun has just this minute bobbed its head from behind a gloomy, grey cloud and I am hoping it stays hahaha.

Enjoy your day everyone.... smile

Anniebach Mon 11-May-20 09:06:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Kalu Mon 11-May-20 09:12:33

Oh heavens Marydoll. Stressful days like this are bad enough when it’s your own problem but you are not the one who should being left to deal with the constant distress your SiL is causing you. It’s seems to be a case of the more you do for someone, the more they ask of you. I think it must be time, for your own health and welfare that your DH contacts his family to now take the load off you and let them deal with his sister. POA should be put in place now as this is happening too often. Take care of yourself today Mary

Greyduster Mon 11-May-20 09:25:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Intermittently sunny but cold here in South Yorkshire. Had a horrible, poorly, wobbly day yesterday - I know we all have them - but felt much better by tea time. DD sent me over a present - a small pack of self raising flour, some seeds (she ommitted to tell me what they are), and a booklet with pictures of grey haired elderly folk exercising on the coverhmm! We will have a short walk to the reed bed this morning, where it sounds like we have reed warblers nesting again this year. Its rare to catch a glimpse of one, but I like to just stand and listen to them calling. Have a good day folks. Be Alert! Britain needs Lerts!

Purplepixie Mon 11-May-20 09:33:33

Good morning from a very breezy East Midlands.

I’m so sorry to hear of the stress that you have had to go through Marydoll. We had the same carry on with my MIL about 2 years ago and it was 24/7! We eventually had to shut all of her accounts down (that she could access) and we got her bill paid through the bank and got her cash from the cashpoint. Yes, one of her closer relatives needs to be a power of attorney for her, which my DH had to do. It is so distressing and I hope you can get some rest today.

Sending love to you all and the Gillybobs. These are stressful times without having other worries piled on top.

Yesterday I made some naan breads for the first time and they were a success. On the down side though our neighbour had to have the police called out to because of his threatening behaviour with another neighbour - yet again. Any more calls and I think he will be arrested.

Have the best day that you can. X

CherryCezzy Mon 11-May-20 09:38:55

Good morning everyone from a bright but very windy Gower.
I was just about to post and it disappeared so I'm starting again, grrh.

Gillybob, I've got my fingers crossed ? for you today.

Oh Marydoll, what a nightmare your SiL is putting (and has put) you through. It's not the first time she's fallen victim to scams either is it? You and your DH should not be bearing the burden of all this. I think you are absolutely right, it is time that her nephew became her power of attorney as she is clearly not competent enough to carry out her own affairs. I also think it long overdue for her brothers to be involved, whether she likes it or not. You can't and shouldn't be doing all this for her anymore, it's making you ill. I think enough is enough here. ???

I've recovered from my last lot of seizures now but I admit I'm feeling worn by them all now. I'm crossing my fingers ?that I don't have any more for a while. It's unlikely that this means more than a couple of weeks though. Usually I can cope with it all but I think it, accompanied with being shielded is getting to me. I'll bounce back I'm sure and be my usual cheery self, I'll just give myself a stern talking to!

My usual group quiz later and I need to clean the oven ?. Apart from that, not sure what else I will do today.

Take care of yourselves everyone ❤️

TopsyIrene06 Mon 11-May-20 09:42:06

Marydoll

What an absolute star you and your husband are to your SIL. Her family is very lucky indeed to have you. I had this problem with an aunt so know exactly how much energy it takes to sort it out.

Megs36 Mon 11-May-20 09:46:27

Thank goodness Marydoll that your relation has you to call on, not from your point of view obviously. I am fairly computer literate but recently both. M and S credit card and HSBC have ‘improved ‘their security by issuing small key pads which have to be used to get into accounts, I find them very hard to cope with, sight not so good, guess I’m not the only one, luckily the bank First Direct are brilliant and answer the phone fairly quickly and always help me with any transactions, but if every financial organisation does the same there will be many thousands like your sister (and me!) who will be in eve deeper confusion. My husband refuses to do online banking also and our family are not near or available to help so another worry. We have set up PA in case of emergency but don’t quite know when to resort to those?. Good luck Mary keep up the good work, I’m sure she must appreciate you.

Grandmafrench Mon 11-May-20 09:51:17

Morning everyone. Rain pouring down, high winds on the 2nd day of our Orange Alert weather.....yes, everyone needs alerts but maybe not this kind!

Watched BJ (a much better groomed one) last night. I wish - for those idiots and those in the media especially - he had started by making it very clear that not much could be on offer to try to start the easing of restrictions; at least that might have shut down those who are determined to find a way of wriggling out of their responsibility to society. But, in general it was a relief to hear his caution, rather than blah, bluster and wild promises. Everything crossed that there’s no rebound of figures increasing and more heartache as a new pattern emerges.

We’re ?? FREE today ! Well, in our Green Zone. The NE and Paris not so much.

I’m ok at home but will have my bloods done and visit my Doctor this week. When the sunshine returns - it’s warm but wet this week by and large - we shall go somewhere in the car and have a grand picnic.

Good luck today getting plastered, grannysyb, feel better jacq and justwidowed. Hope you’re ok dragonfly and Dexter, hugs to anyone forgotten (!) who is in pain or unwell, and just step right away from the ‘phone, Marydoll and think of your health, please. I was really stressed just reading about yesterday’s shenanigans ?. I think it’s time to contact SIL’s nearest and dearest because it’s likely that things will get worse.

Have a good and more positive day, nice people. Baby steps and we’ll all get there ??

Missgran Mon 11-May-20 09:53:41

Good morning from sunny Pudsey West Yorkshire just sitting having a cup of tea after loading washer and done yoga going to shops soon stay safe everyone

Urmstongran Mon 11-May-20 10:07:33

Hello Missgran ?

We have a daughter who lives not a million miles from you with her partner. Just on the edge of Horsforth. It’ll be nice to hear from you what their weather is like!

Gelisajams Mon 11-May-20 10:09:51

Good morning from a cold windy but bright Morecambe Bay. Am back from my bike ride, have picked up my prescription and have sorted out my energy bill. I knew I wasn’t £800 in credit! If only!! Not sure what to do for the rest of the day. Poor Marydoll and Gilly. I feel your frustration. It took me 2 hours to sort something out at Sainsbury’s yesterday being kept on hold and then they gave me another number to ring which was unobtainable. So I had to start the whole pallava again! And my issue wasn’t even serious.
Take care all and stay safe. ?

Doodle Mon 11-May-20 10:12:10

marydoll so sorry to hear of your problems with your SIL. So difficult to sort out when you can’t actually be in the same room. Hope you get it resolved today. Hope you don’t mind but I put a post up about class being cancelled today. Take care.
gillybob I don’t know what to say other than Barclays deserve more than a kick for causing you such stress. Hope you get somewhere today.

jacq10 Mon 11-May-20 10:12:35

Morning Mick and followers. Came on to say I was hoping today was going to be a better day than yesterday(rubbish weather and pain from fall). I then read Marydoll's post and realised my troubles just now are my own and I can deal with them. I'm glad Marydoll has her DH there to support her but now is definitely the time for other members of the SIL's family to step in for her or to arrange some kind of support. The lock-down is nowhere near easing up here in Scotland and we need to accept this.

Marydoll Mon 11-May-20 10:18:58

Thank you everyone for putting up with my wobble, you have all been very kind.

The problem we have is that SIL is not the easiest of people to get one with, she takes offence at the slightest thing.
She is very obsessive and it's her way or no way. Her husband knew how to handle her, but he did all the banking etc and she hadn't a clue when he died.
She has also fallen out with her brothers and won't have anything to do with them.
So you can see how difficult it is. It's all too much on top of shielding and I'm usually such a strong person.

One piece of good news. I have just spent an hour troubleshooting my wireless printer and I haven't lost my touch, it is now working. Hurrah!
I needed it to print SIL's step by step instructions for using her new email address!
I will get DD to post it through her letter box and run away! grin
Enjoy your day, everyone.

BladeAnnie Mon 11-May-20 10:20:09

Good morning from a dull and windy mid-Notts. Certainly a change in the weather but I don't have to be anywhere - I'm knitting DGD a little cardigan so on with that today I think. A virtual hug Marydoll - for your own health, time to get other family members involved. Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

Grammaretto Mon 11-May-20 10:22:21

I am revisiting this thread over my coffee and have seen all the stuff about your SiL's scam Marydoll How awful but how clever of you to be able to sort it!
I am full of admiration. Perhaps her own son is not any better at unravelling scams than she is but he could be included.
I hope you can get a peaceful day today.

Grandmafrench I am looking forward to hearing what your freedom is like.

Gillybob I hope you get some sense on your Barclays debacle today.