Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Mon 11-May-20 06:17:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright clear blue sky over Brackley this morning .
Today, will be some cleaning up, and exercise indoors I have 2 ways with dumbbells and a thing were I put me feet in , and then use the other bit with a handle on to use.
Sit on thee floor and do a rowing exercise.
Normal as I used to know as disappeared, but cannot wait for its return.
Take Care
Mick

Annapops Mon 11-May-20 10:22:22

Good morning all from County Durham.

Oh Marydoll, what an absolute nightmare. I hope you manage to sort things today and get in touch with that nephew of yours.

Disappointed with Boris yesterday as I felt everything he said was so woolly. His voice lacked a tone of leadership to instil confidence. I shall await the detail today, but really.....Reception and Year 1 returning to school first. That really does concern me. However, enough has been said on another thread.

Online dance class soon which lifts my mood then on with the rest of my exciting day. Yes, I will look for something more to bring me joy even if it's just watching videos of GD 1 ballet dancing. Like everyone else I'm looking forward to the day when I can give my DGC a big, big hug.

Have the best day you can all. X

Susan56 Mon 11-May-20 10:24:44

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where the sun is shining but its also very breezy.

Hoping to finish the decorating today.Had hoped to finish yesterday but took longer than expected.

Tesco delivery came sat 9pm last night so by the time everything wiped and put away it was quite late.

Marydoll,I really feel for you.We have had similar issues in the past sorting things for my mum and it really is exhausting.We ended up stopping her online banking.
You really need to let someone else sort things out for her now,I remember coming away from mums feeling ill with the stress of it all and I had no health problems at the time.
Please look after yourself and hope it is sorted this morning so you can rest the remainder of the day?

Same for you gilly,hope today is the day you get the answers you need?

Cherry,don’t overdo it?

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Callistemon Mon 11-May-20 10:26:17

Good morning Mick
I'm wondering what two ways with dumbbells entails grin, whichever way it should keep you nice and warm, it's very chilly here in Wales! Don't overdo it.

Pantglas I don't think we have to Stay Alert in Wales, do we, so we could have a nice afternoon snooze if we feel like it.

Marydoll how very stressful for you both. You should not have to be dealing with all this, especially f your SIL has a son who should be helping his mother. I'm sorry if I missed this, but does she have dementia? This is where we are all thankful that my SIL has never taken an interest in having a computer as she would get very confused now. Your nephew must step up to the mark now and not leave this to you, causing all this anxiety.

gillybob demand to speak to someone higher up the chain, don't take no for an answer.

Best wishes everyone, stay alert if you're in England.

I may go and do some cleaning just to warm up, or we could put the heat back on!

Marydoll Mon 11-May-20 10:27:11

Grammaretto, her son is an accountant with an international bank is London, he is more than able, take it from me!
He just doesn't want the responsibility, no matter what I say, he tells me his mum is doing well. ?
Still waiting for Virgin to call back, they are useless!!! ?

I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't too well today, I hope he feels better.

Bartsmaw Mon 11-May-20 10:38:45

Good morning all. Late to the party but started early morning walking/ running last week . Haven't run since I was at school so wish me luck. I am feeling more energised hope it continues. Sorry about your sister in laws problems with the tinternet
Mary doll young and not so savvy need to take great care. Stay safe and healthy everyone on this beautiful sunny day .

Justwidowed Mon 11-May-20 10:39:40

Good morning Mick and everyone, sorry that*Gillybob & Marydoll * are having so many problems these big companies who should have more staff in these weird days.I managed to get an Iceland order at 2.30 am for delivery tomorrow between 9pm and 11pm.It will be an early night for me today as I didn't sleep at all last night but had everything ready just in case.
Hope we all have as good a day as possible.The sun is shining here but it still feels cold.
It will feel colder still when I try to sort the freezer and make room for tomorrow.

gillgran Mon 11-May-20 10:51:01

Good morning, from N.,Cambs., It's sunny here, but very windy & chilly.
Yesterday is was dull, bit of rain midday, a really miserable day, (matched my mood, I had a bit of a "wobble".)

I enjoy this friendly group, it also reminds what day of the week it is.!! I'm not usually this bad, even after being retired for over 10 years..!!

Take care & best wishes to all you good folk.

EllanVannin Mon 11-May-20 10:57:06

Good Morning All x
Bright, breezy and rather nippy today. What a difference to last week.

Marydoll, I'd have been motheaten too at the end of all that shenanigans. I think you did well under the circumstances though but now you should pass on the responsibility to your nephew I think . Try and take a break/rest from it all x
I understand that these sorts of things can affect your health.

I really enjoyed my dinner yesterday, it went down a treat. A half shoulder of Welsh lamb,roast pots and I ate 1/2 a cauli and made white sauce, also chopped some fresh mint for mint sauce-----the height of it on my plate was like Everest !
Lamb sandwiches for lunch. I might give the cats a taste of it.

A cake or two to make today, fruit loaf and a sponge cake which will keep me going through the week as well as using up dried fruit from Christmas and the flour has next months date on the carton. I'm still missing a fresh cream sponge though sad

Hope everyone's still doing alright and finding plenty to keep you occupied. Thoughts to Gillybob x and others who may be under the weather. Stay safe and well xx

EllanVannin Mon 11-May-20 11:00:35

P.S. I still don't think Boris is fully " with it " yet.

CherryCezzy Mon 11-May-20 11:04:19

Marydoll, apologies - I misread her nephew instead of your nephew blush . I think her son's attitude leaves a lot to be desired too.

Sorry your DH had a bad night Grammaretto, hope he improves as the day goes on and has a good night tonight.

I won't do too much today Susan. I say the same thing to you on the decorating front. It hope it won't be a frustration to have to wait a while for the carpet to be fitted and the furniture to arrive when the decorating is all done. At least it will be done ?.

Callistemon Mon 11-May-20 11:31:59

We never had cauliflower without white sauce when I was growing up, Ellanvannin.
It was always my job to 'help' by making the white sauce as soon as I was old enough, properly, with a roux.

Nortsat Mon 11-May-20 12:28:23

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a chilly east London.
Ellanvannin and Callistemon, we too always had white sauce with cauliflower, when I was a child. It was also my job to make the sauce from a roux ...

Strange day for us today: two medical consultations over the phone, a supermarket delivery, a veggie box delivery -and all before lunch, that constitutes a busy day for us in the current circumstances.

Best wishes to all those who need them, ?to gilly and Maryd and ‘let’s be careful out there’ ?

Milly Mon 11-May-20 12:36:00

By the time I read my e mails its afternoon so don't know whether I'm allowed on this ! But just want to say how sorry I am for MARYDOLL, and do so hope her nephew starts taking responsibility for his mother. Lots of love and sympathy xx

Susan56 Mon 11-May-20 13:08:12

Cherry,not much left to do on the decorating.Because of the lockdown we have had a lot more time to spend on it.It is the most beautifully decorated empty room!I am going to close the door until the carpet and furniture arrive!x

Urmstongran Mon 11-May-20 13:39:16

Hello to you gillgran and Milly ??
Lovely to have more newbies join the gang! Don’t forget to tell us whereabouts you live Milly and what the weather is like. And the value of your house.
Joke!
?

GabriellaG54 Mon 11-May-20 15:17:59

If I'd been in Marydolls shoes, I think I would have screamed and screamed and screamed at the SiL. ??

GabriellaG54 Mon 11-May-20 15:23:21

I'm wondering when EllanVannin is opening a b&b. I want a menu for evening meals too please and a bedroom overlooking the sea. No trouble, clean and tidy. Refs available. ??

GabriellaG54 Mon 11-May-20 15:25:23

Oh yes...could that be amended to cheese sauce on the cauli please. Merci.

Taichinan Mon 11-May-20 15:55:37

Nannyjan those were the exact thoughts running through my mind as I was reading through the posts. Allowing the economy to rule the roost again is a recipe for disaster! I really genuinely think Boris is wrong on this - and I'm rather glad I'm in Scotland. Sorry folks. Cool sunny day on the Angus coast but the garden's looking good and the first bloom is out on the tree peony, my favourite for perfume. Oh, and the clematis has reached the top of the Tibetan Cherry tree and is flowering happily up there. ???

gillybob Mon 11-May-20 16:02:38

A record 4 hrs and 40 minutes on hold to Barclays ( they’re here to help) business banking team. Another soul destroying waste of time. Will not put me through to anyone more senior. Just reading from the same script as every other day. “You will have to wait for a call back” . When I ask “will it be this week, this month or this year” you get the same answer . “I have no idea” angry

Callistemon Mon 11-May-20 16:26:00

I never make white sauce now but am partial to cauliflower cheese.

gillybob I hope that was a free phone call.