Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris' s "OUR PLAN TO REBUILD"

(4 Posts)
WOODMOUSE49 Mon 11-May-20 22:39:02

grumppa. Yes, there are many businesses opening but it is not for the sake of attracting tourists.

Cornwall inhabitants have worked hard to meet and keep to all the lockdown safeguarding,

No one is yelling that we need the tourists. These businesses are doing what BJ says. The tourists will be unwelcome visitors as in other beautiful areas such as the Lake District.

One business, I know well, has put in place every measure possible to safeguard people coming in to buy goods.

grumppa Mon 11-May-20 21:30:04

History of plagues suggests there will be a second wave, but at least the NHS should be prepared.

As for Cornwall, they were vociferous in wanting to keep the second homers out, but are now yelling that honey need the tourists.

Happy days!

EllanVannin Mon 11-May-20 20:48:54

The government are probably getting hot under the collar for fear of being sued for income losses owing to the sheer incompetency over not acting in January when they should have done.
The whole country should have been in lockdown, regardless.

So, what happens when there's a second wave ? Medics say there will be as surely they know better ?

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 11-May-20 20:37:49

50 pages. Anyone else seen / read this today?

Around me (Cornwall) I have various places opening up this week. Some, very clearly will attract the tourists. I'm sure plenty more will come.
As the document says, you can now travel any distance. People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/our-plan-to-rebuild-the-uk-governments-covid-19-recovery-strategy