Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(117 Posts)
12Michael Tue 12-May-20 06:10:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Today , whilst monitoring my weight , they it seems to go up and down by a kilo or more is snacking between meals and in the evenings.
Yesterday , my cycling magazine issues arrived in the post including back copies .
I am hoping my hair trimmer arrives soon , as I have tracked it from China to Heathrow and then through customs for just under a kilo in weight its been along journey .
Mick

Nannylovesshopping Tue 12-May-20 14:12:32

Think easybee means sh*t gillybob with what you have had to put up with in the last few months, I would be shouting Bolloc*s to all and sundry including barclays?

gillybob Tue 12-May-20 13:59:04

Desperately searching for my "uncouth language " .

Hmm buggery I can't find it anywhere.

gillybob Tue 12-May-20 13:58:15

Its not just me Cherrycezzy there are thousands of us at the mercy of the useless Barclays tech teams who can't get their act together. Barclays are being laughed at by the other banks.

EllanVannin Tue 12-May-20 13:57:02

Urmstongran, your " remark " made me laugh as well. Classic.

CherryCezzy Tue 12-May-20 13:57:02

Happy Birthday Harrigan and marmight ????

Welcome to GN all newbies, good to have you join us. ?

Trying not to tempt fate.... so I’ll tootle off ?
Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

gillybob Tue 12-May-20 13:56:19

Yes Gillybob I could pursue it but it would only result in more uncouth language from you so I will leave it

Uncouth language eazybee ? are you having a giraffe ?

Please do pursue "it" (whatever "it" is) I'm just dying to hear what you have to say.

EllanVannin Tue 12-May-20 13:56:08

GabriellaG54, there'd be no room for the RR and D's "poor man's Bentley" in the same parking areagrin, however, a fleeting visit does no harm if you happen to be in the area smile

CherryCezzy Tue 12-May-20 13:45:48

Good afternoon everyone.
Internet playing up again, gets worse everyday.

I don’t understand Barclay’s Gillybob. It just doesn’t make sense that they keep asking for proof of identity, clearly you must be providing everything you have had to give them in the past. How come it’s not good enough for them now? Call me cynical but that just seems like they’re wriggling out of helping. I’d be on to the Ombudsman, they can’t get away with this surely!

Good to see you post annsixty. Sorry to hear you are in such pain and discomfort ?.

Marydoll, please look after yourself ?

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 13:43:30

Pittcity

Buy a child's potty, holds more. ???

???

marpau Tue 12-May-20 13:35:56

eazybee flowers

Pittcity Tue 12-May-20 13:25:34

I'd love a daytrip. It's easy to take a picnic but will there be any loos? I might need to buy a shewee!

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 13:16:39

I wonder if EllanVannin has booked me in yet ?
I wish she'd stop talking food ???

eazybee Tue 12-May-20 13:01:19

Yes Gillybob I could pursue it but it would only result in more uncouth language from you so I will leave it.

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 12:19:07

Greece is purported to be allowing tourism from June 1st but you will have to isolate for 2 weeks after returning.
Such a mix of information and different dates.
It's difficult to keep up with what other countries are doing if the countries from which tourists fly, do not have the same rules as their destination. hmm

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 12:08:39

Nice to 'borrow' but I must now ring to make sure I am listed as a named driver on insurance as it's a recent acquisition.

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 12:04:19

I should think that a visit anywhere for any reason is justified as from Wednesday, as long as the 'visitor' goes back home on the same day. That is the official line.

annsixty Tue 12-May-20 12:04:13

Just leaves Range Rover then.
Nice one?

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 12:01:27

I didn't think of that annsixty but it might have caused quite a stir if it was. ??
It's not a roller either.

Kate54 Tue 12-May-20 11:50:18

gillgran so pleased to hear about your proposed day trip to North Norfolk. I’m contemplating the same for next week but although it’s clearly allowed from tomorrow, the second home issues (first world problem, I know, hence reluctance to start a separate thread about it) haven’t really had a mention. Quite right as there are far more important things to worry about.
However, I do run the property as a business so probably it is justifiable to visit to check everything’s OK. I haven’t so far as neighbours there rightly made it quite clear we wouldn’t be welcome.
Quite ready for one of you to say it wouldn’t really be in the spirit of the easing of restrictions.....

annsixty Tue 12-May-20 11:48:57

Gabriella
You do know RR also could mean Robin Reliant as in delboy
Would enjoy seeing that.??

Taichinan Tue 12-May-20 11:37:21

Morning everyone from a cold, sunny, breezy, cloudy, maybe snowing later, Angus! I've made it in here before lunch for once, but nothing else has been done. I don't pay much attention to clocks these days. Welcome to all the newbies. Like many I sort of lurk and occasionally post, but I do enjoy it. Listening to Boris my ears did prick up when he said about going elsewhere in our cars because I live between two beautiful beaches which I can't get to other than by car. And then I remembered that UK = England only. Anyway, it's too cold for the beach just now! So, floors to hoover and ironing to do/books to read and family WhatsApp to join in with - whichever seems to be most important. Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girls, a lessening of pain for those brave souls who need it, and a good day to all ???

Mapleleaf Tue 12-May-20 11:36:28

My understanding of it Cathiey is that you can meet one person from another household, in a public open space, still maintaining the social distancing rule of 2 metres apart, so I'm afraid meeting your son and two children is still not allowed, sadly.
Welcome to gransnet, by the way.

Purplepixie Tue 12-May-20 11:29:57

Good morning from a bright and breezy east Midlands.

Happy birthday Harrigran and Marmight. Have the best day that you can.

I didn't sleep too good for 2 nights and slept 12 hours last night. Weird dreams though. My mam was telling me off in one and my friend was driving me to the beach. Both of them are sadly dead.

Stay safe and sane. Love ? x

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 11:27:47

Cathiey

No no no Absolutely not.

GabriellaG54 Tue 12-May-20 11:26:35

A sunny day here. Cotton-wool clouds sailing in a sea-blue sky, so pretty.
Great run today with one other going the opposite way. Sat for a cuppa with the 'old man on a boat' such a nice chat and welcome drink with a rich tea biscuit. No masks or glove palaver, he just handed the mug and tin across. Normality reigned for a good 20 minutes. ?
I'm making plans for Wednesday. Borrowing OH's RR and taking it to the South coast for the day while he's in London making moolah.
I will pack a picnic and drinks and possibly a sun-hat and blanket. Ooh! Exciting times.
For now, it's sunshine in the courtyard and washing and colouring my hair later.
I hope everyone has a good or better day with lots to look forward to on a gradual basis. It's no good having all the excitement at once.
Take care, ?s to all and ?? to GNers celebrating birthdays or special occasions. ?