Gransnet forums

Chat

New to gransnet

(11 Posts)
Nelly1966 Tue 12-May-20 18:04:40

Hello Kakey and all the other new gransnetters. I am new today too. Until seeing the news this morning I didn't know gransnet was a thing either ? . I am also missing my 18 month old granddaughter terribly. We chat on messenger most days but it's just not the same. What makes it even harder is a neighbour of ours has consistently been flouting the social distancing guidelines by having their daughter and her baby visiting almost every day when I haven't been able to see or hug my little Willow for nearly 2 months because we are choosing to do the right thing.

Gj74 Tue 12-May-20 14:25:22

Hi, I saw the lady from Gransnet on television this morning and googled it out of interest. I found a lot of the comments interesting particularly those who asked if anyone had been sent a shielding letter which they did not agree with. I have been sent one which has caused me a great deal of anxiety. I phoned my doctor and was told I have kidney disease,asthma and take blood thinners. Not true!!Good to know I am not the only person this has happened to

DanniRae Tue 12-May-20 14:09:48

Welcome to all new Gransnetters! I hope you enjoy being on here as much as I do - and I wasn't even a GRAN when I first joined 3 or 4 years ago. But now I am - since May last year I have had an adorable GRANDSON.
Once again WELCOME to you ALL smile x

mommarann Tue 12-May-20 12:38:44

Well here I am finally done it , I am a grandma to 1 grand son and 4 grand daughters , ages are from (1 boy 22 )( 2 girls , 20) , and twin girls 15 . I have never done anything like this before and im quite nervous .
So I am just saying hello for now .x

Toadinthehole Tue 12-May-20 10:18:27

Hi kakey, hope you enjoy being here. It can have its ups and downs, but you should always find something to interest you. What were they saying on the tv about us?

Alishka Tue 12-May-20 10:14:23

Hello kakey, my Grand lives in the US with her mum and dad. Doesn't stop us sharing pictures and having a laugh tho, despite the 5hr difference.
Enjoy GN and enjoy your family.smile

kittylester Tue 12-May-20 09:45:22

Welcome kakey.

What susan said! sunshine

Annp67 Tue 12-May-20 09:37:02

Hi, I saw the same thing on tv this morning. I used to be on Mumsnet, but I'm now a proud nanny to 3 lovely girls, almost 13, 9 and 13 months.

Susan56 Tue 12-May-20 09:32:13

Hi Kakey??Welcome to gransnet.
Mick’s good morning thread is a nice gentle and welcoming thread to start each day and soops kitchen is very warm and friendly too.

tanith Tue 12-May-20 09:31:15

You are very welcome Kakey you’re right we’re all missing our families.

Kakey Tue 12-May-20 09:29:17

Hello, I didn’t know gransnet was a thing! I’d heard of mumsnet, then I saw a lady on tv this morning talking about gransnet so I’ve signed up. I’m missing my grandchildren so much, like everyone must be. So I’m just saying hi to you all.