Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(109 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-May-20 06:09:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its yet another bright blue sky this morning over Brackley .
Its feels strange because its so quite.
Today, await delivery of the hair trimmer, which is n the hands of Royal Mail so can expect soon.
Despite being an early riser , a routine I have had a job to shake off , thanks to being used to getting up early , when I was n full time work.
Mick

NfkDumpling Thu 14-May-20 19:28:46

Give Dexter an extra cuddle from me dragonfly. Great news that all is going well.

CherryCezzy Thu 14-May-20 18:00:32

Great news about Dexter dragonfly ?

Mapleleaf Thu 14-May-20 17:49:41

That's good news about Dexter, dragonfly46. You must be very relieved. You've looked after him well. ?

Grammaretto Thu 14-May-20 17:02:26

Late for Good Morning but just a quick Happy Birthday to Marydoll

I wonder if you are still opening your presents!

I am relieved to hear that Dexter is doing well.

I hope Gillybob has had a successful day too.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 14-May-20 13:45:57

Greetings from a very chilly north of Scotland. The wind is cutting. However the trees are in full white and pink blossom and there are 100 shades of green.
A very happy birthday to the lovely marydoll and just bathe in the love of those dearest to you.
A happy birthday and welcome to creative an also “have the best day you can until the wedding” to BladeAnnie.
gillybob please go for a walk in the sun and I hope your luck changes soon.

dragonfly46 Thu 14-May-20 13:09:33

Good Afternoon - just wanted to wish Mary a very Happy Birthday and you too Creative.

I am sure you are all sick of hearing about it but Dexter was signed off by the hospital today as his ulcer is healing nicely. The cone has to stay on until next week and it will be a few weeks before he is healed completely but he will not lose his sight and he is not in pain. It is such a relief.

DGD's 5th birthday yesterday so a very early Facetime to watch her open her presents. She is such a sweetie.

Bathsheba Thu 14-May-20 12:15:37

Happy Birthday Marydoll. I hope you have a lovely, lovely day - you deserve it with all you have to put up with in the 'klarsrum' with us lot! (I'm the grown up me on here, the one who knows how to spell properly wink.)

I sincerely hope you succeed in standing back from your SiL's problems. Put all that to one side today (and forever!) and just have a super, indulgent day. You were certainly off to a good start with the wonderful gift from your DH - well done Mr Doll!

I'll see you back in skul tomorrow smile

mrswoo Thu 14-May-20 11:52:26

Good morning from sunny Newcastle.

Special Good Morning wishes to the two birthday girls marydoll and creative]flowersflowers. The mug from your dgd sounds lovely marydoll.
And wishing BladeAnnie a lovely non- wedding day. May the sun shine and the champagne flow. sunshine??

Ellenv ooh, lucky you, I love oxtail.

whywhywhy Thu 14-May-20 11:47:25

Sending love and hugs to Gillybob. I'm sorry that you're having to go through so much. X

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 14-May-20 11:38:04

Good Morning, Michael, Harrogate at this moment is cloudy (we might have already had our sunny spell), but have the washing on the line, so hopefully it will get dry.
Nothing much doing today. Possibly make another washbag for the NHS and take the dog out for a walk. Have a clap and a neighbourly chat at 8pm, hope there is something worth watching on the TV!

CherryCezzy Thu 14-May-20 11:32:51

I know it's not only you that Barclays are treating appallingly Gillybob. I saw a report a couple of weeks ago about it and how their "service" and actual help to customers was ranked as the worse out of all the banks and that they were facing a warning. I don't know what others are doing but group action can be effective. It just angers me that you have, and still are being treated this way.

GrandmasueUK Thu 14-May-20 11:29:58

Good morning Mick and all followers.

Happy Birthday Marydoll flowers and Creativeness flowers from a very sunny west of Manchester. Hope you both have a lovely safe day.

By the time I've caught up with the morning thread and got distracted with other things it's usually late afternoon, so I rarely get round to posting on this lovely thread.

Urmstongran it does seem that we have your sunshine here. Manchester and Spain seem to have changed their weather! I feel as though I know you so well, as I read the posts daily and we used to go shopping in your own back home, so I know the places you talk about grin

Today I'm going to get down to some drawing and painting - I seem to have found so many reasons to put it off and my former art tutor has put lessons on youtube which I've been watching rather than participating!

Hope everyone has a lovely safe and peaceful day.

GabriellaG54 Thu 14-May-20 11:23:07

Farview
Thank you ????

Grannmarie Thu 14-May-20 11:18:58

Happy birthday, Marydollthanks and Creativenessflowers.

It's bright and breezy in Lanarkshire this morning. I surprised myself and spring cleaned the bedrooms yesterday, so now hanging out curtains and bedding in the fresh air. Not quite warm enough yet for ironing on the patio, maybe later.

Best wishes to all, Gilly, hope you finally get some satisfaction from your bank, CherryCezzy, so glad that you are feeling a bit better.

Kalu Thu 14-May-20 11:18:55

jacq, I am still getting my head around the fact my birthday in February was my 70th! Whenever any reference to 70 and over is mentioned I forget that includes me too?. It’s only a number and I am actually, according to GD2, 60.10. You certainly don’t look elderly

whywhywhy Thu 14-May-20 11:09:03

Good morning from a sunny Market Harborough.
Happy birthday Marydoll and Creativeness and all celebrating today. Have the best day that you can.
Stay safe and sane x

jacq10 Thu 14-May-20 11:07:21

Wishing a very happy birthday to Marydoll and Creativeness and any others their special day. Wish I was 65 again - age doesn't normally bother me but being labelled "over 70" has definitely annoyed me!!

Kalu Thu 14-May-20 10:58:57

Pleased to hear your pain has at least abated Cherry and the next couple of days finds you so much improved. I love a good curl up?

Sorry nainy. By the time I have read our GM thread I have forgotten bits of it ? so I would like to wish you a warm welcome and look forward to catching up with you.

annsixty Thu 14-May-20 10:58:34

Happy Birthday Marydoll and many more to enjoy.

The same very good wishes to you creativeness and welcome if you are new to us.

???

gillybob Thu 14-May-20 10:56:22

It’s not just me they are treating badly CherryCezzy . They’re being slated right across the internet . Putting out stupid tweets and messages saying “we are here to help” when they are clearly not . Disgusting behaviour . They have apparently been warned to get their act together . Let’s hope they take heed .

CherryCezzy Thu 14-May-20 10:37:10

I think I may have caught up now ?, let's see.

Happy birthday creativeness ?

Glad that the insurance has made good the subsidence grandMattie, even though it took such a long time. Good to hear that you are having the redecoration for "free", it's the least they could do.

? from back across the bay Goodbytoallthat. It's not too chilly here but it is cool.

I just don't get it with Barclays, Gillybob, it's shameful the way they are still treating you ! How come they're ringing some people and those that don't need help too but not those that do and being totally unhelpful when people who do need their help are ringing them. Ah, I think I have stumbled across something that I'm sure others have too - it's a ruse, appearances in an attempt to counteract the adverse publicity and appear to be a friendly helpful bank! I said yesterday Gillybob, get on to the Ombudsman and it seems I'm not the only one thinking this.

I'm not in so much pain this morning ? so another couple of days and I should be okay ?. Lasagna for dinner later and then I can curl up (if I can curl up) like Garfield and relax.

Welcome to GN all newbies ?

Take care all of you, stay safe, especially those of you venturing out. Special good wishes to all who are going through trials and tribulations ❤️

Kestrel Thu 14-May-20 10:36:24

Sunny morning here near Glasgow - a few clouds but sky is a lovely bright blue (chilly wind tho).

Happy birthday to Marydoll!

Justwidowed Thu 14-May-20 10:34:23

Morning all from a lovely sunny Lancashire.A very happy birthday to marydoll.
Sorry you're having so many problems with Barclays,*Gilly*,have you tried Tony Hetherington at mail on sunday or Tony Hazell at daily mail.
I don't know whether I've got these names(md &g) in bold or not. but I keep trying .
Am still bribing binmen with baking, garage is nearly empty now .

Kalu Thu 14-May-20 10:26:25

Good morning all from a bright but chilly day in Glasgow.

?HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Marydoll.??Wishing you good health and happiness and a fabulous day with your lovely DH. and the love of your family. Our youngest GD would tell you, you’re not 65, you’re 50.15?

A warm welcome and Happy Birthday to you too creative. ??Look forward to chatting to you.

Oh gilly fingers crossed here your next phone call finds someone willing to go the extra mile to help you?

I don’t recognise the man I am living with. The man who never quite got round to doing those jobs that needed doing has been in hiding! This new version has found his gung ho attitude and has surpassed himself in the DIY/gardening department. It’s only taken 46 years to find him and I have told him he is welcome to stay?

Wishing everyone a good day and extra good wishes and hope for a better day for those who have whatever struggles to cope with. ?

nainy Thu 14-May-20 10:21:17

Thanks so much!