Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh Dearie Me

(3 Posts)
farview Fri 15-May-20 12:55:32

I was chatting on my mobile phone to my dgd in Australia, telling her how sunny it was and describing the horses at the end of the garden.."I'll take a photo and send it to you now sweetheart " so as well as talking to her..I was moving stuff on the worktops as I moved around the kitchen looking for my mobile!! "Will take a photo later sweetheart, cant find my phone"......Shrieks of laughter from her...??

Ginny42 Fri 15-May-20 12:05:09

I was speaking with my DD on the phone and kept saying 'I can hardly hear you.' and 'Sorry I still can't hear you.' So she rang off and redialled. It was at that moment that I saw I was holding the wrong end of the phone to my ear.

I regularly have to feel my head to see if my specs are up there. smile

Brunette10 Fri 15-May-20 11:54:18

Just thought I would share this with you all. This morning DH and I are having our coffee in the summer house whilst a load of bread was in the oven baking away. Whilst we were having our coffee DH's phone rang and it was his brother - fine, chatting away. I pointed to my watch to remind DH about the bread in the oven as I knew it was due out quite soon so he nodded and started to look all over his jeans, jacket, down the side of the chair and I knew immediately what he was looking for his phone where his timer was set for the oven. Low and behold he was in panic not being able to find the phone/timer. I, of course went into fits of laughter as I knew he was looking for his phone which was of course at his ear talking to his brother. Once I pointed to his phone at his ear, he also went into fits of laughter. Oh dear, is this what the lockdown has done to us wink. Talk about a senior moment! smile