Gransnet forums

Chat

How to register

(37 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-May-20 15:18:36

If you're yet to sign up for a Gransnet account, then what are you waiting for? grin

Joining Gransnet is really the best way to get the most out of the site, as then you can take part in discussions on just about everything - from grandparenting to gardening, politics to pet peeves - there's something for everyone! Plus when you sign up, you'll be able to enter our fantastic competitions and take part in our sponsored discussions for a chance to win.

More of a lurker? You'll still benefit from joining, as you can subscribe to our free newsletter and get our top threads delivered straight to your inbox. You can also 'watch threads' too, so you can find your favourite threads in one place.

It's easy and free to join - you just need to go to THIS PAGE and follow the instructions.

And do let us know if you get stuck and need some help at [email protected] smile

Charleygirl5 Fri 20-Nov-20 13:09:35

The clue is in the title. People are less likely to return to this thread once they have registered. That is why we have specific threads for books, health or whatever.

MrsThreadgoode Fri 20-Nov-20 12:10:04

This is like a parallel universe!!
A thread that you can’t post anything on except Hello, at least that’s the theory
?

GrannyZ Mon 02-Nov-20 20:43:52

Thank you Aldom I hope you get a chance to read the book She was an amazing woman

Aldom Mon 02-Nov-20 18:40:22

Granny Z You will get a better response to your query if you post on the Books /Book Club thread. I have not read What is Visible, by Laura Bridgman, but I am familiar with the life story of Helen Keller. She was inspired by Laura Bridgman, the first deaf and blind person to learn language. Thank you for bringing the novel to my attention. I may well read it now.

annsixty Mon 02-Nov-20 15:53:51

We are used to strange threads on GN but this one ......
I am starting to query.

GrannyZ Mon 02-Nov-20 15:10:11

Hi was wondering if any one had read the book what is visible ?

Alygran Sun 25-Oct-20 17:24:20

Reported

yadira1900 Sun 25-Oct-20 17:21:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 20:47:57

Magsxx as this is a thread to encourage new posters to register, the very people who could offer advice, probably won't see your post.

If you go to the top of the page and chose a heading in Forums and start a new discussion, with a hint as to what it is about in the title, I'm sure someone will respond.

Magsxx Mon 12-Oct-20 20:43:29

My grandson is just 3 yrs old and goes to nursery 2 days a week. He is the sweetest little soul imaginable but we have noticed he has a few characteristics of autism. He gives you eye contact and is loving and shows affection but hie ability to learn is frightening. He knows his numbers, shapes, lettersounds and several other things he has picked up himself. His communication is poor and as a consequence he doesn't make friends. My daughter chose a good nursery or so she thought, but they constantly complain that he won't do this or that and say that they need help. They have changed his key worker who is now the senco and when my daughter picks him up there is never any positive comments only negative ones and we ve noticed when we go he's always left in the corner on his own.
My instinct is to tell my daughter to move him, dispute their good reviews I don't think they are good for him what do you think?

Marydoll Thu 08-Oct-20 10:53:25

Mary18, you will need to start a new thread, asking this question. Your post will be lost here! Good luck.

Mary18 Thu 08-Oct-20 10:40:34

Have anyone had this problem with a Dora phone when I ring the person I care for their Dora phone keeps saying your on hold and then comes back I can here them but they cant hear me

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 11:52:29

Welcome to all the newcomers. As this is a welcome thread, not many people will see those questions which are off topic.
It's best to start a new thread, with a hint to your question in the title. That way you will have more chance of a response.

Go to Forums , scroll down and find the topic you want, e.g Coronovirus , click on it and then choose New Discussion.

Dunne18 Fri 25-Sep-20 11:18:56

One of my close friends is not sticking to the Covid rules and regulations. We only speak by text and I have never questioned her when she tells me of her plans which are not Covid friendly. Would you say anything?

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Sep-20 16:09:46

Pardon?

Warmthlover Sat 12-Sep-20 14:07:54

Slack Alice
Reply to MissAdventure
You have more than one handbag?!smile

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Sep-20 11:33:46

Again you will get more help if you open this query on a chat thread. Sorry, I cannot help you.

Illte Fri 11-Sep-20 17:12:36

I can't see how to start a discussion on my phone.

My laptop has died?

TrendyNannie6 Sat 08-Aug-20 12:04:50

Hi tillytina, welcome to gransnet I’m guessing this is your first post, I think you will get this post noticed, if you start a new discussion under the chat thread,

Tillytina Sat 08-Aug-20 11:55:55

My husband just does not get it I gave students stay with me one girl at the moment Ilije to keep it strictly business he has started to make this girl tea carry it to her room on tray he is 62 she is 30 I’m fuming he always sits chatting with her and I feel quite bouncy around this girls says I’m gone in the head and gets quite defensive when I say I don’t like going to have to stop this business but I am considering separation for hus selfish behaviour no regard for my feelings

kittylester Sat 27-Jun-20 20:01:43

Can I just point out that this site is not just for women. Men are very welcome too!

Charleygirl5 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:38:43

Hello and welcome. You will need to start a new thread, preferably under "health" if you want an answer to that question because few people read this and it is really only to say hello to anybody who has popped in.

Two gentle threads are Good Morning and soop's kitchen. You will soon recognise those who pop in daily.

Nannielynn Fri 26-Jun-20 10:05:03

Hi everyone I’m new to this post, but I have a question to all you ladies. I am 62 years old and very active, for the past few months I have been having funny turns I can only describe it as feeling like I’m walking I’m marshmallows, I don’t feel dizzy but kind of drunk feeling. This is starting to worry me does anyone else have this problem. Many thanks for reading this.
Regards Lynn

Charleygirl5 Tue 23-Jun-20 12:26:27

Welcome- I also live in London, NW, and I have moved indoors temporarily as it was a tad hot. I am rather enjoying this lovely weather.

Babsi Tue 23-Jun-20 12:02:51

Hello everyone
I am in london sitting in my garden
On this lovely sunny day.with a tad of a breeze I am pleased because I don't get full sun till 1sh
I also am new to gransnet and have been enjoying all your comments and stories