Gransnet forums

Chat

How to register

(36 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-May-20 15:18:36

If you're yet to sign up for a Gransnet account, then what are you waiting for? grin

Joining Gransnet is really the best way to get the most out of the site, as then you can take part in discussions on just about everything - from grandparenting to gardening, politics to pet peeves - there's something for everyone! Plus when you sign up, you'll be able to enter our fantastic competitions and take part in our sponsored discussions for a chance to win.

More of a lurker? You'll still benefit from joining, as you can subscribe to our free newsletter and get our top threads delivered straight to your inbox. You can also 'watch threads' too, so you can find your favourite threads in one place.

It's easy and free to join - you just need to go to THIS PAGE and follow the instructions.

And do let us know if you get stuck and need some help at [email protected] smile

Charleygirl5 Fri 22-May-20 18:59:50

May I ask why do we need yet another? We are only on page 4 of the present one.

Craftylady Sun 24-May-20 17:23:23

Hello ladies, I have just come across your site and decided it was just what I needed. I am looking forward to some friendly faces and useful advice and maybe just to share some news, good and bad. This is my first post so would like to say a very good day to all of you out there xx

Charleygirl5 Sun 24-May-20 17:52:24

Welcome Craftylady there are many sites to try and the vast majority of GNs are very pleasant.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-May-20 11:15:44

Hi charleygirl, this is more for people who haven't registered yet. So those who come on occasionally to read the threads but haven't signed up yet to post or receive the newsletter. smile

Jazzlady Sat 30-May-20 13:21:14

Hi everyone, I've just signed up so am completely green as to how I go about using Gransnet. I'm not very technical I'm afraid, so any help would be lovely.

Aldom Sat 30-May-20 15:00:12

Hello Jazlady. I'm quite new too. Been a lurker for longer. Anyway welcome from me. Charleygirl is very good at helping get started. I'm sure she will be on the thread soon to give you advice. But in the meantime, go to Gransnet Forums. Chats is where you find Good morning Gransnet. That's a gentle thread for starters. Otherwise click on topics of interest, and add your post, but you need to go to the last page of the thread before writing, otherwise it is lost in the middle. You will soon get the hang of how GN works by playing about. Hope you like it here. Good luck, best wishes. ???

Chewbacca Sat 30-May-20 16:56:10

Hello everyone who is new to us. Search around through the active threads to see if there's something of interest to you and jump straight in! Always good to hear different opinions and perspectives, so welcome.

Keeley Thu 11-Jun-20 11:05:16

Hello, does anyone feel like me. It’s great news that more &more places are opening up but unless you have your own transport, you still cannot go to places. I don't feel safe enough to use public transport yet. This is making me feel even more isolated at present.

Charleygirl5 Thu 11-Jun-20 13:11:20

Welcome Keeley. I am inclined to agree with you. I do not intend getting on a bus or tube anytime soon. I do drive but only locally so at least I can go to supermarkets.

The plus is I must be saving money as I am not going out for lunch and/or coffees or browsing the shops, seeing something I must have!

phoenix Thu 11-Jun-20 19:07:31

Aldom you don't have to go to the last page, anything you post with automatically appear as the last/most recent post on the thread!

Babsi Tue 23-Jun-20 12:02:51

Hello everyone
I am in london sitting in my garden
On this lovely sunny day.with a tad of a breeze I am pleased because I don't get full sun till 1sh
I also am new to gransnet and have been enjoying all your comments and stories

Charleygirl5 Tue 23-Jun-20 12:26:27

Welcome- I also live in London, NW, and I have moved indoors temporarily as it was a tad hot. I am rather enjoying this lovely weather.

Nannielynn Fri 26-Jun-20 10:05:03

Hi everyone I’m new to this post, but I have a question to all you ladies. I am 62 years old and very active, for the past few months I have been having funny turns I can only describe it as feeling like I’m walking I’m marshmallows, I don’t feel dizzy but kind of drunk feeling. This is starting to worry me does anyone else have this problem. Many thanks for reading this.
Regards Lynn

Charleygirl5 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:38:43

Hello and welcome. You will need to start a new thread, preferably under "health" if you want an answer to that question because few people read this and it is really only to say hello to anybody who has popped in.

Two gentle threads are Good Morning and soop's kitchen. You will soon recognise those who pop in daily.

kittylester Sat 27-Jun-20 20:01:43

Can I just point out that this site is not just for women. Men are very welcome too!

Tillytina Sat 08-Aug-20 11:55:55

My husband just does not get it I gave students stay with me one girl at the moment Ilije to keep it strictly business he has started to make this girl tea carry it to her room on tray he is 62 she is 30 I’m fuming he always sits chatting with her and I feel quite bouncy around this girls says I’m gone in the head and gets quite defensive when I say I don’t like going to have to stop this business but I am considering separation for hus selfish behaviour no regard for my feelings

TrendyNannie6 Sat 08-Aug-20 12:04:50

Hi tillytina, welcome to gransnet I’m guessing this is your first post, I think you will get this post noticed, if you start a new discussion under the chat thread,

Illte Fri 11-Sep-20 17:12:36

I can't see how to start a discussion on my phone.

My laptop has died?

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Sep-20 11:33:46

Again you will get more help if you open this query on a chat thread. Sorry, I cannot help you.

Warmthlover Sat 12-Sep-20 14:07:54

Slack Alice
Reply to MissAdventure
You have more than one handbag?!smile

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Sep-20 16:09:46

Pardon?

Dunne18 Fri 25-Sep-20 11:18:56

One of my close friends is not sticking to the Covid rules and regulations. We only speak by text and I have never questioned her when she tells me of her plans which are not Covid friendly. Would you say anything?

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 11:52:29

Welcome to all the newcomers. As this is a welcome thread, not many people will see those questions which are off topic.
It's best to start a new thread, with a hint to your question in the title. That way you will have more chance of a response.

Go to Forums , scroll down and find the topic you want, e.g Coronovirus , click on it and then choose New Discussion.

Mary18 Thu 08-Oct-20 10:40:34

Have anyone had this problem with a Dora phone when I ring the person I care for their Dora phone keeps saying your on hold and then comes back I can here them but they cant hear me