Gransnet forums

Chat

Dominic Cummings

(87 Posts)
Oldernewgranny Sun 24-May-20 19:13:30

What do you think of Boris’s response to the Dominic Cummings debacle? I feel really upset that I’ve spent 10 weeks in lockdown missing birthdays of my grandson, my son and my daughter-in-law. I feel like throwing it all in tomorrow and inviting everyone round for a bbq with it being Bank Holiday. I know I’m not alone in cancelling every event in my diary since March but why can Dominic Cummings break the rules and get away with it?

varian Mon 25-May-20 18:19:26

Do you think Dominic Cummings cares a fig about your relatives or anyone else?

J52 Mon 25-May-20 18:41:30

Didn’t the wife write that the child was building polystyrene castles and feeding Daddy with Ribena?
Now we’re told he was emergency dashed to hospital.
I’m confused.
Is anyone telling the truth?

MissAdventure Mon 25-May-20 18:44:44

I don't think anyone cares if the public are confused, angry, or anything else.

There is a half cocked, unbelievable pile of tripe being peddled, and that's the most we're going to get.

varian Mon 25-May-20 18:47:11

This government, voted in by a minority of the UK voters, but with a huge majority of MPs, can do what they bloody well like for the next four years.

I wish I lived in a democratic country.

rubysong Mon 25-May-20 18:56:15

What a squirmfest. We were all told to stay home so we would be near the doctor we were registered with. Is it true his wife's brother lives in London?

Fennel Mon 25-May-20 19:08:48

They spin their fairy tales to us as if we're all gullible idiots.
I wish we Grans could play a bigger part in influencing the actions of our so-called democracy.
Incuding pros and cons for our present 'leaders.'

varian Mon 25-May-20 19:12:55

It worked for them in 2016 and again in 2019. That is why they think the British public are fools.

Callistemon Mon 25-May-20 20:59:12

varian I think that this country is democracy.
Unless a country has proportional representation, and there are few of those which can result in stalemate on many issues.

Furret Mon 25-May-20 21:07:01

Oh so humble and stuttering! What a farce. He should have gone to SpecSavers.

MissAdventure Mon 25-May-20 21:10:19

Very different from the attitude yesterday.
He hasn't even got the courage to stand by what he CHOSE to do, and be up front about it.

varian Mon 25-May-20 21:36:07

Our so-called democracy is a sham democracy. A government elected by a minority of the electorate can exercise absolute rule for five years, and cause huge damage in the process.

Willow500 Mon 25-May-20 21:47:53

Well I'm sorry and in the minority of one but we believed him. And I know several families who have been flouting the rules for weeks - they're just lucky they're not in the public eye and have got away with it.

SueDonim Mon 25-May-20 22:15:25

And do those families set the rules for the rest of the country and then flout them, Willow?

jowar6 Tue 26-May-20 00:23:28

..and this evening...Why does no-one with the opportunity to do so press him on all the 'holes'. So many...farcical...what about.." I did not ask friends or neighbours for childcare as did not want to expose them to a deadly disease....my 17 year old niece had already said she would do it." WhAAA?? So...he wa nevertheless willing to expose his 17 year old niece to that deadly disease then? Jesus, you don't need to be DCI Vera Stanhope to pick out all the inconsistencies. Pet.

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 00:37:52

grin

PamelaJ1 Tue 26-May-20 06:23:25

Do you think he is on the autistic spectrum? Unable to understand and empathise with anyone but himself?

I think that all of those people doing the things that they want to do, go where they want to should be so grateful to those who enable them to behave in this totally selfish manner. By those I mean us, the vast majority.
There are at least 3 households in our road that flouted all the rules over this weekend.

The vast majority are now very cross.?

Urmstongran Tue 26-May-20 06:50:59

I liked his soft white shirt. It looked expensive. Yes, I’m shallow but I did keep admiring it!
?

NfkDumpling Tue 26-May-20 07:01:33

I suspect he is on a spectrum Pamela. Autistic or otherwise. He certainly has a different way of looking at the world. That's why he was hired. The problem is the amount of power and influence he seems to wield.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 07:01:35

The man will be gone, he doesn't appear to be the type to let the grass grow and seems to have flitted from one appointed position to another, being disliked along the way.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 07:06:43

People like him don't relish or will face the humiliation of being sacked, they go under their own steam. They won't ever be told what to do. I can bet on that. It's a psychopathic trait.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 07:08:22

Arrogance=psychopathy.

Ginny42 Tue 26-May-20 07:14:58

Don't forget he advertised for staff who 'weirdos and misfits'. Take one to know one as they say.

luckyrose62 Tue 26-May-20 07:16:42

Like the previous poster -not autistic but hints psychopath. I did not know much about him so looked him up.
On Wikipedia (yes I know). Early on his advice was herd immunity. he allegedly said if some pensioners were to die, then so be it.

Ginny42 Tue 26-May-20 07:16:44

'who are weirdos and misfits'.

Ginny42 Tue 26-May-20 07:21:56

His uncle died from the virus and his parents must be getting on a bit. He said they didn't visit his parents, but they must be in their 70s surely.

Why didn't someone from the family who didn't have the symptoms travel to get their young son from London if they truly had no one to take care of the child?