Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-May-20 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Yesterday , received hair trimmer in the post ,and will attempt to shorten my hair a little.
I noticed via an email from someone in Northampton I know, that bus services will start to operate a normal service with restrictions with 2m seating max 11 on a single deck and 20 on a double decker .
I only hope the X5 Oxford -Cambridge extends beyond MK towards Oxford soon there again I suppose restrictions as to passenger numbers will apply .
Take Care
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Thu 28-May-20 17:33:48

urmston. Worse. There was no chocolate left?
Friday delivery but I don’t think I can summon the courage to go back out again so soon. Might have to see if A*** sells “carrots” ?

Kalu Thu 28-May-20 14:00:55

You won’t regret it Urmstongran. I put off buying one thinking, another gimmick. I am so pleased with the results that also means no more blow dry appointments more than justifies the price??. I bought mine from Amazon.

Urmstongran Thu 28-May-20 12:10:40

Is the chocolate in disguise then Feelingmyage?
?

Urmstongran Thu 28-May-20 12:09:33

That news is so sad BladeAnnie your extended family must be in bits.

Bet you’re on tenterhooks right now Mancgirl! I hope all goes well it’s an exciting time.

I’d been looking at those ‘Babyliss’ heated brushes too. They’re not cheap but if it meant I could forgo my weekly blow wave at a salon it would soon pay for itself Marydoll. And your recommendation Kalu has helped me decide to get one when I go home - whenever that is.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 28-May-20 12:01:20

Good morning. At last the wind in the north of Scotland has calmed down. I am going out in the car for the second time since the beginning of lockdown to collect an order from the local farm shop. They will put it in the car while I stand at the other side of the car park. I am ridiculously excited and apprehensive but there is chocolate in the order as a carrot. Take care all.

CherryCezzy Thu 28-May-20 12:01:14

BladeAnnie ?

CherryCezzy Thu 28-May-20 11:59:38

Good morning, just, everyone. Glorious weather we've having here in the Gower ?

Mick, I hope the new trimmer is better than the first one you got. I echo others who have said YouTube has some good videos.

BlueSapphire, your walk whilst not realising you still had your rollers in reminded me of a neighbour we used to have, Mrs L. When the weather was good she used to sit for a while in the garden with her rollers in. She didn't care if other people looked at her oddly. She did it, she said, because she always had better, softer results ?. Her hair always looked lovely afterwards.

It must be quite sobering to see queues at the food bank so early Mythbirthdragon. According to my volunteer the local food bank has been opening earlier and twice a week instead of the once it used to. She also told me that a couple of weeks ago another opened only a few miles away. So sad and so wrong!

gillybob, in a way I'm not surprised you didn't receive the letter from Barclays today, they invariably send these things second class and I think that's really mean. ?for you.

Done more washing this morning and this afternoon I will have my "interview" about my life "living with epilepsy" for the anthology the epilepsy support worker is writing for the all Wales epilepsy charity. Should be interesting as I've got quite a story to tell!

Look after yourselves everyone ❤️

Kalu Thu 28-May-20 11:43:15

Good morning all from a bright and warm Glasgow. I went to sleep at 11pm last night and only woke up half an hour ago! Strange days and strange sleep patterns. Anyhoo, it is what it is.

I don’t think Nicola’s plan will apply to us 70+ just yet. I went round to our local shops yesterday, not busy and those who where there complied to social distancing and wearing masks.
I’m not ready to change too much too soon.

I treated myself to a Babyliss Hot air rotating hairdryer Marydoll. Only wish I had bought one sooner. My hair was dry in no time and even looked quite professionally done?
Big plus was no pain in my shoulders (calcific tendonitis).
You’re worth it!?

Another day pottering in the garden and lunch al fresco.

Have the best day you can everyone.

BladeAnnie Thu 28-May-20 11:39:39

Thank you Mollygo for your kind words - it just brings home how precious and fragile life is and we really can't take anything for granted x

Mollygo Thu 28-May-20 11:32:19

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. Click and collect paint this morning so the kitchen paintwork will look so much better by tonight. It almost looked good enough after the undercoat.
Sorry to hear your bad news BladeAnnie. That must have been a real shock. I hope you and the rest of your family stay safe.

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 11:31:05

Thank you Puzzler smile

Gelisajams Thu 28-May-20 10:47:47

Good morning from a lovely sunny Morecambe Bay from where we are just back from our 5 mile walk.
We met someone we know from the village who we haven’t seen since March and had a good long natter/catch up from either side of the canal towpath. I had arranged to FaceTime DS2 at 9:30 but realised we wouldn’t be back so I had to struggle in sunlight to text him. Don’t know what it said because I couldn’t see the screen properly. Hope it made sense to him.
Got a surprise visit from DH’s sister yesterday. We sat in the garden talking across our permitted 2meters for a good couple of hours.
Apart from the very brief visit to my son for his birthday we haven’t seen anyone to speak to in the flesh since March as I do all my gardening arrangements over the phone. It seems strange having had 2 proper conversations in as many days.
Take care everyone and keep safe?

Puzzler61 Thu 28-May-20 10:15:39

Ahh, exciting time for you mancgirl , hope the birth goes well whenever it happens. ?
My goddaughter has just spent a week in hospital on a non- Covid ward and got excellent care and attention despite the enormous pressure on the Nhs right now.

BladeAnnie Thu 28-May-20 10:07:19

Good morning from a beautifully sunny mid-Notts. I've just had a phone call from DD1 - her father-in-law's twin brother died of a heart attack at home last night. He was only 58 and had not been ill at all. What makes it worse is only 3 weeks ago her mother-in-law lost her sister although she was very unwell and on end of life care so they were expecting it. So much sadness for them sad. Stay safe everyone and may Thursday be kind to us all x

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 10:07:09

Child mining?? ?. Minding.!

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 10:06:02

Good morning from sunny Manchester. How much easier does it make these days? Gc number 3 is due today. We don't know what we're having, so extra exciting. Flights to Spain available in July. We are thinking we will book but need to be sure I can get back. Don't want a repeat of March when we struggled to get back home. We will keep an eye on how the virus pans out and make a decision then. Do miss it. Baking some cakes this morning, started a new book yesterday so will read that in the garden. On standby for child mining in case baby arrives anytime soon! Have a good day everyone. ((( hugs))) for those who need oneflowers for those with extra worries. Gillybob hope the letter arrives with good news.

gillgran Thu 28-May-20 09:49:36

Good Morning from a sunny Cambs.,

Mick, hope all goes well with your hair trimming, We are waiting for the arrival of the thing I ordered, to tidy my DH.

BlueSapphire, you reminded me, I'm sure I've still got some hair-rollers, that may be a solution for my own hair,(fine, thin, limp, all it's get-up-&-go, has gone.!!)

A Spitfire is flying between Duxford & Cambridge tonight, during what may be the final 8pm. clap. Love to see that, although we may be a bit too far north.

Have as good a day as possible folks. x

Susan56 Thu 28-May-20 09:34:37

I hope so gilly???

It’s a skill honed after many years of practice!It will be a piece of cake getting the furniture after two years of dropped hints.Probably drop H off at nursery and straight to the furniture shop?

grannysyb Thu 28-May-20 09:32:38

Bright and sunny here, DH is rotovating his proposed orchard plot on the allotment this morning. Zoom meeting for me with upholstery friends this morning, and will try to deal with more of the front garden this afternoon. Hope letter arrives for Gillybob today. Have a good day everyone.

SusieB50 Thu 28-May-20 09:31:45

Good morning from East London , the sun has come through the cloud now , so another lovely day . Still waiting for the council to collect the dead fox . It now Is in 4 black bags as it was beginning to smell . I need to call them this morning again I think. I will walk to my SiL later today to take her the raisins I received in my order to replace the missing cooking chocolate . I already have plenty of sultanas and raisins .Last clap tonight , it was beginning to wane here so probably time . I heard yesterday that one of my son’s friends who is a paramedic , one of his team died of Covid 19 aged 42 , no underlying health issues Such a loss.

brook2704 Thu 28-May-20 09:26:46

Happy Birthday to your dad gilly I hope you both enjoy seeing each other ! ???

gillybob Thu 28-May-20 09:19:03

Blimey you’re planning well ahead Susan56 grin

I only hope you get to give him a big hug before then !

Susan56 Thu 28-May-20 09:11:17

Good morning from another bright sunny day on the Shropshire border.

Another day of gardening this morning then reading this afternoon and then the last clap this evening.

Mary I have to plant ideas with my husband too.I am planning new conservatory furniture when Henry goes to nursery in two years and have already sowed the first seeds of the idea!

Have a good day all and stay safe.

gillybob Thu 28-May-20 09:08:53

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Thursday.

Is my dads birthday today . He is 82 but looks about 10 years younger . Lucky thing. My sister inherited his genes whereas I got my poor late mums side of the genetic coin.

I was up really early again this morning after tossing and turning most of the night . Made myself a cup of tea at around 6 and then must’ve dropped off again when I woke this a start at just before 8am.

Wages day for the lads today (thursdays seem to come around so fast these days ) so I will be popping into “that place” then will double back and call over to see my dad for a social distancing visit to wish him a Happy Birthday .

That magic letter from Barclays still hasn’t arrived . I bet everyone is excited to know what it says grin

Hope everyone has a good Thursday . Will catch up on the previous posts now .

Love Gillybob x

whywhywhy Thu 28-May-20 09:08:47

Good morning from Market Harborough. Sending love and hugs to you all and stay safe and sane.