Gransnet forums

Chat

Do we have any famous people on here?

(121 Posts)
JenniferEccles Thu 28-May-20 13:37:55

Obviously I am not expecting anyone to reveal their identity but I do wonder if there are any incognito!

Callistemon Sun 31-May-20 20:30:02

Jane10 I know you're famous wink and it is a privilege to be your acquaintance on GN.

Jane10 Sun 31-May-20 20:02:26

Obviously, one doesn't want to brag but one is one of the most famous ladies in the world. DH isn't doing so well these days so we don't see him much (oops slipped into the Royal we). I love this site for all the help and support offered on the family relationships thread. Sadly the estrangement threads have been more relevant for us recently.
Must rush. That's the Aldi delivery just arrived and we're almost out of corgi food.

MamaCaz Sun 31-May-20 19:44:08

I'm so bad at recognising faces that I don't know if I'm famous or not!

Kate1949 Sun 31-May-20 19:17:19

grannylyn grin

grannylyn65 Sun 31-May-20 19:13:55

Yes Kate you win !!

Kate1949 Sun 31-May-20 19:03:23

I have a picture of myself with The Beatles and it's been published in a book and has been in local newspapers a few times. Does that count? grin

Floradora9 Sun 31-May-20 19:00:28

My aunt delivered Susan Hampshire's baby boy. She should have had the birth in a fancy London hospital but went into labour in Kent . My aunt displayed a photo of the happy mum and baby signed " thanks for all your help , Susan Hampshire " .

watermeadow Sun 31-May-20 18:48:54

Depends what you mean by famous.
I wouldn’t recognise the names or faces of anybody from television, films, singers, sport or the tabloid press. I’d be no good in a pub quiz.
I doubt there are any well-known 70 year olds reading Gransnet.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 30-May-20 08:05:48

I can't imagine many famous people would be on here (they'd prefer twitter or facebook and the like) as 'fame' is all about splashing your name and face everywhere but these forums are about anonymity and thank goodness for that. I'm not famous at all.

Sussexborn Sat 30-May-20 03:52:05

I used to get messages asking me advice on horse wrangling as I had the same first name and unusual surname as a lady who since died.

The rudest politician my OH drove was Vince Cable. Really shocked him as had always thought he was respectable and at least polite.

We had a contract to drive actors mainly for pantomimes. Anita Dobson was very friendly but Barbara Windsor different and not in a good way. Most passengers were great but one or two were stuck up their own backsides and put on airs and graces.

Whilst at college OH ha a summer job driving a ice cream van. All the little boys insisted he was Georgie Best. They wee so persistent that eventually OH told them it was true. They didn’t seem to think it odd MM would spend every afternoon driving around selling

LydiaWilliams Sat 30-May-20 02:17:50

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sharon103 Sat 30-May-20 00:15:45

I live 8.9 miles away from Sharnbrook MawB
A beautiful village.

Callistemon Fri 29-May-20 22:57:38

A spirit of adventure must run in the family MerylStreep!
And I think I've heard of you - have you made a film or two in your time?

harrigan I would curtsey but my knees are a bit creaky.

harrigran Fri 29-May-20 22:46:27

DH and I were staying in an upmarket hotel where we were mistaken for Sir and Lady Ferguson. I thought it was a hoot and told DS afterwards that we looked nothing like them. He went online and found a photo that looked exactly as we did at the hotel.
DH is an OBE but not a Sir.

MerylStreep Fri 29-May-20 22:45:47

One of my ancestors was a mutineer on the Bounty. It was quiet a surprise when he contacted my father from Pitcairn.

Jannicans Fri 29-May-20 22:18:07

I'm probably famous for some of the stupid things I've done.

jillyJo Fri 29-May-20 21:52:51

Are you THE Kitty Lester? - the singer?

Missfoodlove Fri 29-May-20 21:01:50

My husband had a very famous Godfather, a household name who was knighted.
As a child he holidayed with him and his family in Spain, the other houseguests were all about incredibly famous.
He was a lovely kind man who never let his fame go to his head

Whitewavemark2 Fri 29-May-20 20:35:53

I went on a CND March and walked in front of Tony Benn and Vanessa Redgrave.

kittylester Fri 29-May-20 20:28:40

In Leicestershire callistemon.

blossom14 Fri 29-May-20 19:38:03

MawB Small world. My younger DD was at Sharnbrook at the same time as Paula Radcliffe.smile

Whingingmom Fri 29-May-20 19:34:44

Thank you Gabriel56, I know who you mean now!

Callistemon Fri 29-May-20 17:31:31

My nephew rescued Peter Shilton when his car broke down, kittylester. They were neighbours.

JuliaM Fri 29-May-20 17:04:41

I used to work for a large national nursing agency, and found myself caring for afew famous people in their own homes. Most of them were lovely, and treated us like a member of their own family, there was only the odd one that was very rude and demanding. Some of their homes were very grand Luxurious places, I fell in a swimming pool in one grand Manorhouse whilst looking for clean linen in the dead of night!
My only claim to fame is that I have a step brother who is a OBE, and my late uncle had a knighthood and became a Sir!

Maggiemaybe Fri 29-May-20 16:49:20

I don’t think I’m even famous in my street, Henny2020, but that suits me fine. smile