Gransnet forums

Chat

is nicola sturgeon telling fibs

(85 Posts)
Elegran Sat 30-May-20 12:16:06

Whether she does or not, she looks better than Boris (that isn't difficult!) Her clothes always look good too - I have an older neighbour who can't stand her because "she changes her clothes several times a day!" Oh my, a hanging offence!

Grannynannywanny Sat 30-May-20 12:11:32

No she’s not lying. I’ve seen the video of her trimming her own hair. Lord Digby Jones of Birmingham made a laughing stock of himself today by suggesting she was breaking guidelines by seeing her hairdresser.

Nicola Sturgeon laughed it off and said she found it a bit weird that his lordship was obsessing about her hair.

So much going on closer to home for him that he could have spoken about. But he said he was concerned about Nicola Sturgeon’s hair.

Calendargirl Sat 30-May-20 12:05:50

I think many tv presenters and people in the public eye are having assistance with their hair, one way or another.

Boris? Probably not!

Kalu Sat 30-May-20 12:05:29

Meant to add, my hairdresser sent a video along with lots of tips. Easy peasy.

Kalu Sat 30-May-20 12:03:09

DH has cut my hair and I have cut his which was trickier but following videos, it wasn’t difficult and he was pleased with the result. It just takes practice.

Charleygirl5 Sat 30-May-20 11:53:28

layering is a skill and one cannot be talked into how to do it correctly.

I have a bob and that was difficult enough to cut by myself. Her hair is immacualte.

petunia Sat 30-May-20 11:40:22

My attention is drawn to her hair elegran, every lunch time when she addresses the nation. For two novices they have acquired quite a skill very quickly!

paddyanne Sat 30-May-20 11:25:19

She cuts the front ,her husband Peter cuts the back and the hairdresser who is a friend is online to talk them through it and the colouring process.She did have a video online of it though apparently theres just some still shots now .You believe what you want I dont think she'll lose sleep over it ,she's far to busy doing her job

Elegran Sat 30-May-20 11:20:35

It is perfectly possible to cut your own hair, if you choose a simple style, avoid chopping off large chunks and go back next day to redo any bits that you missed the first time round. I have done mine for at least twenty years, probably more. Many women do so. It helps if you hair is thick and springy, like Nicola's.

I suspect it is only the knowledge that other politicians have been by-passing the lockdown restrictions that has drawn your attention to her.

petunia Sat 30-May-20 11:00:06

I don't believe that Nicola Sturgeon hasn't seen a hairdresser since we went into lock down. Nor did i believe the piece in the papers recently saying she cut her own hair. It is far to immaculate and layered for a novice to do. Or maybe she was a hairdresser in a former life??