Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Jun-20 06:12:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , some housework TV, DVD`s later but we are now in week 11 of lockdown.
And some of the thoughts of travel on the buses scares me , but I think with shops due to reopen in 2 weeks and a gradual opening of other facilities , will not be happy until the daily figure total is low double figures , with seeing things on TV with Bournemouth why try and control something , or is the government unable to get message across or have they failed .
Take Care
Mick

EllanVannin Mon 01-Jun-20 12:08:48

Blimey Gilly, you could do with a big win on the lottery. As if you hadn't got troubles enough. x
I bet there'll be a few up the creak by the time this is over. What a prospect !
Children are pretty resilient if these things are explained to them where there are pressures and misfortunes in the household. As long as everyone sticks together children will come to no harm.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:56:47

Good morning from sunny Scotland. Having brunch in the garden now that the necessities are done - the bare necessities - as there is no one to see how thoroughly or not, I am dusting and vacuuming. gillybob I hope the Local Authorities can help your son’s family.
The builders and joiners are all back at work here. I sense a real change in the activity level.

Grandmafrench Mon 01-Jun-20 11:51:48

Good Morning Everyone !

Blue and sunny and we are off for a picnic - avoiding the beach and the rules and, in any event, not allowed any activity which is not 'dynamic' - i.e. strictly walking, running or swimming. Proper exercise and people constantly moving will, presumably , allow the authorities to monitor the social distancing and stop a huge logjam of people just lolling about and pretending that Covid 19 is history. We shall see. Meanwhile, we shall drive out to a country view and where it's a bit cooler and enjoy an impromptu lunch munch !

Thank you for thinking of me susan. Got onto the Forum terribly late and decided that most sensible people would be well into their day and not interested in my non-doings here in France. Yes, we are well here - of course, we haven't had the opportunity of a wonderful cake fest with birthday excuses. grin I bet the weekend was pretty special this year for your whole family and was worth the wait. A belated many Happy Returns to Mr Susan !

I remember a monster sea fret in the summer of '76. We finally gave up on the heat and headed for the Norfolk coast. The first glimpse of the sea we had after a long drive with two impatient children from the middle of Hertfordshire was thick fog. We sat on the beach, wrapped in towels, ate our food, marvelled at the grey wintry weather and then got back in the car and headed home to blazing sunshine all the way! Isn't Nature wonderful!

Have a good Monday all, if you can. All with struggles, pain or sadness I'm sending sympathetic hugs and good wishes that all will come right again very soon.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:40:29

Morning everyone from a bright and sunny South Notts, where we've a bit of a breeze to cool things down a bit.
Washed my hair and managed to style it all right after chopping it short with the dressmaking scissors last week, and if I say so myself it looks pretty good which was certainly not the case beforehand. As in the song by Nina Simone, 'I'm feeling good' - funny how something so trivial is so effective in the mood department.

I hope things get better for those of you with troubles, especially Gilly as you have so much to worry about, too much on your plate can really get you down sometimes, can't it?

flowers for all those with worries.

dragonfly46 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:32:11

Gosh Gilly can it get any worse. I do hope your DS finds somewhere to live soon. I don't suppose the council can help as that would be a good long term solution. This is not good for his mental health or yours.
Have you heard from Barclays yet? Even second class post should have arrived by now.
Sending you hugs and flowers

Kalu Mon 01-Jun-20 11:23:55

Good morning all from another sunshine day in Glasgow which means another shady day for us?. Forecast of 24/25 deg and calm will be one of those rare inconsistent days we haven’t had enough of to acclimatise to. Not complaining as I love sunny days.

Had a delivery of plant, grow bags and compost yesterday so a busy day ahead and a balmy evening could well find me pottering in the garden until 10pm.

Sorry to hear you have more troubles gilly.

Have the best day you can everyone.

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 11:09:10

So sorry gillybob
No wonder your son has been so upset recently.

Is there much in the way of properties to rent in his area?
Ideally he would want to find a landlord who wants a very long let, but it depends on availability and how much choice your son and his family have.

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 11:01:38

And there you have it JenniferEccles sad

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 10:50:44

Isn’t it the same for renters Gilly, to protect people from being evicted?

Maybe the owner wants to sell the house though.

It must be such a wrench to have felt the house is home then having to settle elsewhere.

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 10:34:17

Yes gillgran a “sea fret” but a bloomin’ chilly one at that . It’s strange because when I drive less than half a mile inland, it’s a beautiful warm and sunny day. The price we pay for living on the coast I suppose .

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 10:32:32

He doesn’t own the house JenniferEccles he rents .

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 10:29:42

How upsetting for your son and his family gillybob but has he tried applying for a mortgage ‘holiday’?

I believe most lenders are giving people three months break from payment until they get back on their feet.

BladeAnnie Mon 01-Jun-20 10:27:16

Good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. I must get myself back upstairs to change the bedding but another cuppa was calling. Not sure whether it will be macaroni cheese or carbonara with tagliatelle tonight? I've got a face time call at 11 with a good friend - it will be good to have a proper chat. Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

gillgran Mon 01-Jun-20 10:19:38

Another bright, sunny, very warm morning in Cambs.,
We really could do with some rain, (overnight, please!), the garden is parched, water butts empty.

Brook, our youngest DGD's nursery starts back today,(also in Cambridge), Our DD & SIL, uncertain about sending her yet.
Their year 1, DD's school starts Thursday, that school has lots of plans in place, so they seemed happier about that one, although that school breaks up for summer, end June/early July.

Gillybob, Is that fog what we (further south coast, (in Wash),) would call a "sea fret".?
Thinking of you, during your many concerns.flowers

Take care, all you good folk.x

Mollygo Mon 01-Jun-20 10:16:50

Good morning from sunny Lancashire. Biggest worry today is my DD whose school opens today for 270 children plus key worker children. She’s put in place all the recommendations but it’s still a nightmare. It’s been worrying all through lock down as many key workers work in hospitals and go home to their children, who then go into school, but now there will be much bigger numbers!
Glad Lancashire said they don’t have to go back yet.
Off for a walk before it gets too hot. Stay safe.

Megs36 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:09:46

Maybe trying a walk out today after 11weeks inside, I think I am more apprehensive than my husband who is the shielded one!!

Susan56 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:53:32

So sorry to hear your son and his family are losing their home gilly.Terrible at anytime but somehow even worse at this time.I hope they are able to find another house they are happy with and that they can make into a lovely home
and that the children are able to stay at the same schools.

Blue Sapphire thinking of you?and Cherry?
Grandmafrench,hope you are ok and also NanKate and NannyJan.
Why,I hope your move goes smoothly?

Purplepixie Mon 01-Jun-20 09:51:31

Good morning from a lovely warm and sunny East Midlands.

A bit of baking today to replenish the cupboards, doing a bit of tapestry and having a G&T.

Stay safe and sane. Lots of love to you all.x

Gelisajams Mon 01-Jun-20 09:39:27

Good morning from a clear sunny Morecambe from where we are just back from our walk. We extended it a bit this morning - I must be getting fitter. Off to garden for a lady before it gets too hot and will do an hour in the churchyard if it’s still cool enough. At some point I’ll squeeze in a Pilates video but little else planned. I really have done all those outstanding jobs now!
Still thinking of Gilly and her multiple problems? and all who are experiencing difficulties of any description. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 09:24:23

Good morning from the NE coast where we have cold, thick fog rolling in from the North Sea. The fog horn has been sounding all night . It eventually burned off yesterday so perhaps the same today .

I had a long chat with my son last night who seems a bit calmer than he was, following the terrible news that they are losing their home soon, which has come as a awful shock to them . I feel so sorry for the children as they have lived there now since 2011 and have all made friends . It sounds awful to say this (and I didn’t need to say it to him, he already knew) but I could see it coming from day one, it just lasted longer than we thought.

I left the house early this morning after an almost sleepless night (I could easily get addicted to Night Nurse) and am now installed in “this place” where I am having a catch up with mail etc. Hoping to leave around lunch time and do a bit from home .

Hoping to hear something from the bank today but not holding my breath .

I hope your new baby arrives soon mancgirl smile

Hope Monday is kind to us all .

Love Gillybob x

Mapleleaf Mon 01-Jun-20 09:22:25

Good morning,

Another beautiful day in store by the looks of it.

A few jobs to be done around the house, but they won't take long, then I think I'll read my book in the garden for a while, and go for a walk. No other plans, other than water the plants!

Keep safe and take care.

GrannySomerset Mon 01-Jun-20 09:03:40

Pale blue cloudless sky in North Somerset and another day with little planned, though a friend is calling in for a socially distanced coffee in the garden and I need to ring one or two friends to see how they are faring.

DS sent us an afternoon tea pack (just add scones) and am hoping a friend who hasn’t been beyond her own drive since mid-March will feel able to come and share it in the garden soon. She is not particularly vulnerable but did have a bad pneumonia some years ago and her GP son insisted on caution.

Thinking as always of Gillybob, Marydoll the indomitable, dragonfly and all those finding all this too much.

SusieB50 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:59:44

Good morning everyone from EastLondon . What beautiful weather , but would like some rain now please maybe over the next few nights ! I have awful hay fever with a wheezy cough ! I panicked a bit yesterday but then I also had itching eyes and ears no temperature .... Think everyone is so tuned into Covid 19 . Slept heavily with antihistamine and woke with a thick head but no itch !
Not much planned today , I need to chase up the non receipt of my late DH Civil service pension . They haven’t even responded to my emails ?.

mancgirl Mon 01-Jun-20 08:55:08

Good morning from sunny Manchester. No baby news yet! Off for a walk this morning with a girlfriend. Be lovely to have a chat and catch up. It's been ages. There are only so many conversations I can have with Mr Manc when out walking for the last 10 weeks??. Have a good day everyone. (((hugs))) for those who need themflowersfor those with extra worries and wobbles.

Anniebach Mon 01-Jun-20 08:54:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x