Gransnet forums

Chat

back to school

(3 Posts)
sharon59 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:08:13

I live opposite a primary school and their website had given instructions for today about how taking children into the school playground would be staggered and what the children were to expect in the day. I was quite amazed to see parents waiting at the front, sitting on the wall and standing in small groups, obviously for their childrens friends to arive and then walking all in together. This school is only open for the set year groups, nursery, reception, years 1 and 6, apparently about 150 children. Goodness knows what it will be like when years 2,3,4 and 5 join them. Although I am sure once inside the children will be as safe as they can be under the circumstances, it is all a bit worrying, and I could join others in saying, just a bit too soon.

12Michael Mon 01-Jun-20 13:05:52

This morning I spoke to my sister who lives in Market Drayton, anyway my niece who lives Manitoba, Canada she has 2 Daughters of 5 and 7 and they over there are not returning until September , but they have lesson still thanks to Skype but miss school friend's who they talk to on social media in the evenings.
Mick

grannysyb Mon 01-Jun-20 15:45:38

My stepdaughters younger daughter has been to school during the lockdown as both parents are doctors. The older one who is 14 has been having online lessons.