Gransnet forums

Chat

Moods

(30 Posts)
Notright Wed 03-Jun-20 11:20:56

I have a brief look at the forums most mornings and to be honest I'm stopping. Why? Doesn't anyone have anything better to say than moan, moan, moan.
Has no-one got anything positive, happy or cheerful going on in their lives. There must be something funny next doors children did, rather than something naughty they did. Or what reading has cheered you up lately; or what book do you recommend to take the reader away from all this.
Please, feeling sorry for yourself only leads to misery. Spoil yourself - watch TV all day instead of worrying about cleaning the bathroom, accompanied by a couple of glasses of wine. Play cards with your husband or partner. If you've got older grandchildren get them to organise a weekly meet-up with the family. I promise you that is fun.
But look out of the window on our sunny days at the beautiful blue blue sky that will once again disappear once planes start flying and cars fill the road. Listen to the birds.
We can't change things so enjoy what you can do please. Keep Safe everyone.

Baggs Thu 17-Feb-22 19:39:46

Not a waste if we've learned something - to look at dates on OPs smile

Puzzled Thu 19-May-22 16:54:31

It saddens me to find that SO many posters seem to be dissatisfied with partner, family, love life, neighbours, etc.
They miss an awful lot of pleasure, and friendship.

Monday was our 58th Wedding Anniversary, and we enjoyed it!
(Ate too much at the meal out!)
Went out yesterday for the day and saw a film which we both enjoyed.
We are not rich by many standards, but we realise that we are better off than some others. So we support a number of charities, each in a small way.
We are grateful for our family and for what we have in health and finance terms.
As we age, we do have health problems which reduce what we can do, but ENJOY what you can do and where you can go!
The level in your glass shows that it is half full, not half empty.

There is a lot for which to be thankful.

mokryna Thu 19-May-22 17:24:57

Puzzled why bring up this post started in lockdown
Some people need help after not being enable to get out to do their usual activities. They should be able to say how they feel, if they can’t get it off their chest here where can they?

Polly73 Thu 19-May-22 17:30:59

There is a lot for which to be thankful you say, Puzzled, but what if your partner has just died, what if you are in constant pain, what if one of your AC or DGC are unwell? Most people are not choosing to be dissatisfied with their lives, they’re struggling to deal with any number of problems and difficulties.