Gransnet forums

Chat

Moods

(29 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 03-Jun-20 11:39:13

I agree too Notright ?
Although we need to know important news that’s going on in the world, the relentless drip drip of poison (negativity) can have a very real effect on us.
I dip into GN for ten mins here and there, at the moment doing that once a day is enough.
There are some positive threads on here thankfully, but it would be good to have more.
Corona virus itself, plus the hit to our economy is a worry that a lot of countries are now facing, not just the UK, but it
Won’t be this way forever.

Gajahgran Wed 03-Jun-20 11:33:13

I agree with you I am fed up with the negativity. I was surprised to be cheered up by the thread about rain.
I am in the habit of sometimes allowing an unidentified seedling to grow to see what it is. This morning I realise I am probably growing a cabbage or some broccoli alongside one of my cherished geraniums in a pot. I love how plants just turn up.

MissTree Wed 03-Jun-20 11:30:01

I agree with you, Notright . Wall to wall complaining doesn’t help.

Today is cooler and I’m going to get on with the sweater I’m making for a Christmas present. My first attempt at knitting a dinosaur. Somehow I don’t feel like knitting when it’s hot.

Mr and Mrs Blackbird are worm hunting in the drizzle outside. He’s better at it than she is.

All is peaceful. Husband is making soup for lunch. Can you smell it ? Yum.

Notright Wed 03-Jun-20 11:20:56

I have a brief look at the forums most mornings and to be honest I'm stopping. Why? Doesn't anyone have anything better to say than moan, moan, moan.
Has no-one got anything positive, happy or cheerful going on in their lives. There must be something funny next doors children did, rather than something naughty they did. Or what reading has cheered you up lately; or what book do you recommend to take the reader away from all this.
Please, feeling sorry for yourself only leads to misery. Spoil yourself - watch TV all day instead of worrying about cleaning the bathroom, accompanied by a couple of glasses of wine. Play cards with your husband or partner. If you've got older grandchildren get them to organise a weekly meet-up with the family. I promise you that is fun.
But look out of the window on our sunny days at the beautiful blue blue sky that will once again disappear once planes start flying and cars fill the road. Listen to the birds.
We can't change things so enjoy what you can do please. Keep Safe everyone.