Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 04-Jun-20 15:44:16

Hello again! Ran into trouble again with disappearing message; fortunately not far into it this time! Hope you are all keeping as well as can be expected.
You can all relax because my surprise parcel turned out to be a replacement pair of knee-length compression stockings, presumably ordered by my nurse just before my discharge.
Don't think I'll tell No.2 Son who gave himself a leave pass from working at home to collect it, otherwise I might find myself wearing them! hmm
Cold again today, but warmish in any sheltered spot in day-long sun. Enjoy now because next week will be very cold!
Jane did "fat fingers" or arthritis cause you to type 10C recently? That's incredibly cold considering GB is on the cusp of summer! You will definitely have to migrate to Devon.grin

A "bonus" from the BPPV episode is finding I've gone partially deaf in my right ear. Normally I wouldn't bother the Doc, but given all the talk about crystals in the ear, I thought it best; it's wax free, so now I've scored a visit to an Audiology clinic for a "bilateral audiogram and a tympanogram" She told me it won't hurt! A search of Dr. G and colleagues tells me that a hearing aid can now cost from Free up to $10,00. "Free" being for us oldies from the Govt., but which are not very good according to some!
Hang on! This is beginning to turn into another Good Morning thread because of me, so think I'll head for the faithful Doona!
It's now Friday and the C/H has shut down.
Good Health, wine wine wine
OoRoo

Aldom Thu 04-Jun-20 16:32:13

Hello Rufus2. I promise you that an audio test is pain-free. I have 2 hearing aids. Originally I went private, paying around £3,000. That was 13 Years ago. For the past 3 years I've been using National Health hearing aids. I have been very impressed with them. They are almost identical to the ones a friend recently purchased for £5,000. Hope all goes well for you. Night night.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 16:50:33

Hi Rufus, it’s good that you’ll be able to hear, let’s hope it stops you falling over.
Sadly 10c wasn’t an error , it’s 12c here today, so the heating is back on.Brrrrrr.
Stay safe.

Jane10 Thu 04-Jun-20 16:54:59

It really is 10 degrees here which I'm very happy about.
Re your ears: I had mine 'hoovered' out by a cunning device at the audiologists a while ago. Worked a treat. They had a little camera which showed me the before and after state of my eardrums. Weird. Also noisy but worth it. Didn't need aids after this big clean out.
Drat. That's the sun out again. Och!