Gransnet forums

Chat

Please don’t let it rain this afternoon....

(15 Posts)
Witzend Fri 05-Jun-20 12:26:56

We’re supposed to be having a walk plus a socially-distanced teatime picnic with dd and Gdcs after school.
Have seen the baby just once since lockdown - a SD meet up - but haven’t seen the two elder since 4th March.
My picnic is all ready to go, so ??.

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 05-Jun-20 12:34:32

Good luck, wrap up warm and take macs and umbrellas, you will still have fun.
Take blankets for the littlies to wrap up in, plastic bin bags to sit on and they will be happy,

TwiceAsNice Fri 05-Jun-20 13:12:50

Have a lovely time

Floradora9 Fri 05-Jun-20 14:18:30

We are having afternoon tea delivered to our house to share with DD and her husband but have set up the garage just in case. It is not looking promising here.

nanaK54 Fri 05-Jun-20 14:21:44

Keeping everything crossed for you

MiniMoon Fri 05-Jun-20 17:02:40

I do hope it hasn't rained on you and your family witzend.

I don't know where you are but in my part if Northumberland we have had sunshine and heavy showers, with thunder.

Oopsminty Fri 05-Jun-20 17:05:53

I hope you've had a wonderful dry day, Witzend!

kittylester Fri 05-Jun-20 17:10:28

We had tea and cake in DD1's garden on Wednesday wearing anoracks and lots of layers. It was worth it!

Niobe Fri 05-Jun-20 18:51:59

We are having a barbecue tomorrow so we can see our son, DiL and grandson. Dress code is fleece?

MawB Fri 05-Jun-20 18:57:39

Surprise visit from Birmingham D and DGD and their scrummy new cocker puppy this afternoon!
Rain held off, sun came out and we were able to adhere to the guidelines and enjoy coffee in the garden ???
(First time I have seen any of the family since 15 March)

PamelaJ1 Fri 05-Jun-20 19:47:53

We met a new addition to the family today, under a gazebo with the wind blowing a gale and the rain coming down in torrents????. I also took a duvet and I did wrap myself up in that too.
It was fabulous I hope you all enjoyed your day as much as we did.

rubysong Fri 05-Jun-20 19:58:01

We had a visit from DS2 and family on Monday. They brought their own pasties and we sat in the garden. It was lovely to see them but so difficult not to hug them, especially the three year old and her baby brother.

Harris27 Fri 05-Jun-20 20:03:22

A little girl I look after at nursery left a little bunch of flowers on my doorstep and knocked at my door. It was lovely her and her mum talked to me in the garden made my day can’t wait to get back to work.

merlotgran Fri 05-Jun-20 20:14:15

We needed somebody to witness our signatures on some documents that had to go to our solicitor so DH arranged for one of his fishing pals to come down and do the necessary in the garden (bringing his own pen!)

As soon as he arrived the heavens opened. DH had set up his fishing umbrella over the patio table but we couldn't all huddle underneath it so we quickly signed our bit, weighed down the paperwork with tins of baked beans and dashed back inside the kitchen. Our friend signed his part, shoved everything, including the large addressed envelope, inside his jacket and legged it to his car. He'd kindly offered to post it for us because I don't want to risk the local post office as DH is shielding.

What a performance! grin

Witzend Fri 05-Jun-20 23:25:22

It did rain a bit, we had go and shelter under trees - having covered up the picnic! - but the sun came out again after about 20 minutes.
Could have been a lot worse!