Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Jun-20 06:23:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley this morning but also looking grey .
Looking at a tweet yesterday , as regards to buses, it seems that they are in general going to scrap the 24/7 use of bus pass from 15th June , which will revert to in the week between 0900/0930 depending on which area /county you are under.
Also bus timetables may also revert to normal post lockdown times , the urgency to get the country back to normal , maybe wrong if a 2nd wave starts .
Take Care ,
Mick

Gingster Sun 07-Jun-20 08:15:41

Good morning all. We at last had rain yesterday and boy did it come down. Not for too long though!

DIL cut DH hair yesterday as he had started to look like a hobo. She wore a mask and did it in the garden, what a good job she made of it. He looks 10 years younger.

I too started a new jigsaw a couple of days ago dumpling . 1000 piece depicting lots of cartoon type cats. Oooo it’s so hard. I’ve just completed the edges. Yours looks lovely but oh my goodness, all that grey! Let us know how you get on. ?

What a good idea Mick , paying for just one stop on the bus. Clever!

Well done puzzler for getting your chicken from the freezer. I forgot ?‍♀️. Oh no , what to have for lunch now!

We have DD popping round today for a ‘chat’ about money problems . Oh dear I hope it doesn’t end up in a row. DH isn’t happy with her at the moment and I know she will get upset and storm off. ,! ?

Oh well have a contented day all. ?

Beechnut Sun 07-Jun-20 08:18:35

Good Morning from sunny Severnside. It feels warm enough at the moment.

I’ll give my painting a second coat today if it needs it. Maybe some pottering and I’ve some letters to write.

Nearly back to normal for you Urms. I used to go to LWL but it folded a good few years ago.

It’s funny how all the big siblings think the new ones should be instant playmates. Enjoy what you can ‘see’ wise at the moment manc. You’ll get there?

Have a good Sunday all and enjoy your roasts ?

Bellasnana Sun 07-Jun-20 08:19:49

Good morning from Malta where the horrible wind has finally disappeared after two days of battering my plants!

I’m finding the more I stay in, the more I don’t want to go out so today will likely be another day of doing very little.

Glad to hear your DH had such a lovely birthday, NanKate, and I hope you enjoy your day out today.

My late DH should have been turning 75 on Thursday. Sadly, he didn’t quite make it to his 70th.

Mick I like your cunning plan to outsmart the petty rules re the bus pass! grin

Hope you all have the best day possible.☀️

Urmstongran Sun 07-Jun-20 08:20:14

I do hope you didn’t think I was casting aspersions on your marmalade grandMattie! Yours sounds pretty amazing.

Ginny42 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:20:17

I thought I'd lost several months of my life when I logged on this morning to see a post about hail and another about how long to cook a Christmas pudding. confused

I sometimes need Mick to remind me what day it is, but never what month before!

Kalu Sun 07-Jun-20 08:23:10

Good morning from a beautiful sunny morning in Glasgow .

Popped to our local Pharmacy for DH’s Meds. and noticed a low battery warning on my car so feeling quite courageous, drove to our local Waitrose but there was a bit of a queue then drove to our local garden centre. It was 4.45pm and not a busy time, I couldn’t resist going in. I haven’t been out much since mid March and felt a bit wary but once inside it felt so good, very quiet and I enjoyed walking around. Had a chat with the manager who was pleased to see me back and then bought my favourite deep red geraniums and a couple of new pots. In some small way, it made my day feel a bit of normality had returned.

More bits of gardening to day and of course potting up my new geraniums which will put a smile on my face?

DH dropped off some goodies for our girls yesterday.DD1 and both DGs were thrilled to see him. He said it was quite emotional to see them but he longed to cuddle them too.

What a lovely day for you and your DH NanKate. A perfect birthday present.

Hope thing are going well for you BlueSapphire. We all look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Have a good Sunday all.

Kalu Sun 07-Jun-20 08:24:05

Hope the sun has reached you now too Marydoll ??

Puzzler61 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:26:13

Thank you NfkDumpling, I’ve made a note to look now on Friday ?

Your jigsaw looks difficult, but what a thoughtful gift from your DD?
If you haven’t done any puzzles lately, you might try a 500 piece first to get you into it.
I do roughly one jigsaw a week, as my name suggests it’s one of my hobbies. This is my last complete one.

Sar53 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:26:14

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. We went for a short drive yesterday with our flask of coffee and digestive biscuits.
I had a facetime call with DD2 and 2 DGD's, lovely to see them. The 2 year old asked for stories, she remembers that I used to sit and read endless books when I visited. Not sure when that will happen again sad.
Nothing planned today apart from roast beef and Yorkshire pudding later.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone xx

cornergran Sun 07-Jun-20 08:26:24

That bus pass trick hadn’t occurred to me mick, good thinking. It could be useful for an early hospital appointment. We were able to use ours locally from 9am, think it’s the more usual 9.30 now. No plans to use a bus yet, sticking to the car, it feels a whole lot safer, realise we’re lucky to have the choice. .

Brunette10 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:36:29

Good Morning from a sunny Fife albeit quite chilly unfortunately, the day is young though wink. Could not sleep last night all sorts going through my head. Away back to 1972 and trying to think what furniture we had then and what we did with it when we got new stuff. On my goodness what silly things keep you awake at night. Still not come up with all the answers and asked DH this morning and he is even worse than me. Had a nice chat on the phone with an old friend who was at our wedding I think that's why triggered off all these thoughts. No definite plans for today. Kalu how nice to have wander around yesterday, hope you enjoyed being free smile. I hope today is good for everyone, roll on the days!

Auntieflo Sun 07-Jun-20 08:37:49

Good morning Mick, *Annie and all.
We didn't go out yesterday after all, as it started to rain, then was on and off all day, getting worse. So I had a go at a jigsaw that I had begun and had only done the edges. It's coming along nicely now. But I did miss my walk.
I find the longer I am restricted to where we can go, the more I am inclined to stay home and not want to go anywhere.
Can I just ask, when you are out and about in the car, how do you manage about loos? I am sure that I would need one, (even if I really didn't).
We have our Church service in a couple of hours, then I hope to potter in the garden and put in a couple of new plants, but I am sure I will do more, knees willing.
Marydoll hope you get your new bedding plants in, and the chelsea buns sound tempting.
Yesterday, DD and SIL discovered a leak from their tank down to a bedroom, so have had to have an emergency repair. It reminded me of a very similar thing that happened to us, when she was very young. She is just very glad that it didn't damage their newly fitted kitchen.
Have a good day one and all.

Lins1066 Sun 07-Jun-20 08:41:59

Good Morning Mick and all, sunny and cold here on the S Welsh coast.
You've been missed NanKate and a Happy Birthday to your DH. We saw our son last week on Mr Lins's birthday after 12 weeks, as you say, the best present ever.
I froze some slices of turkey at Christmas so we will feast on those later and I've made a raspberry trifle.
Stay safe and best wishes to everyone.

12Michael Sun 07-Jun-20 08:54:57

I have not used a bus for 12 weeks since March 21st , but as I am coming to the end of what I consider the 12 week lockdown period, although this could be extended by the Government if they feel its needed .
As to the face mask have two of them , they are apparently washing machine friendly , if I need to use the bus , if they revert to normal timetables .
The way things are in UK I do not think the Government are getting the message across , they are being ignored or a loss of power maybe the word needed .
Mick

GrannySomerset Sun 07-Jun-20 08:57:47

Cool and cloudy in North Somerset with nothing very much on the horizon. A stroll to collect the Sunday paper, a few phone chats with friends and that’s about it. Such dullness almost feels normal though I worry that I have less and less to contribute to a conversation and wonder if I ever will.

Thoughts to all our sufferers and worriers.

Anniebach Sun 07-Jun-20 09:00:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

kittylester Sun 07-Jun-20 09:13:12

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is pickling down.

We were hoping to finish off clearing the garage but it is too wet so Ivsuppose we"ll have to read the papers instead.

Bacon cooked in coke with new potatoes and salad for dinner.

Glad you had a good day, kate.

Take care all.

gillgran Sun 07-Jun-20 09:22:57

Good Morning to Mick & all the lovely followers. It's a grey morning, but dry, after yesterday's showers, here in Cambridgeshire.

I belong to a LWL, ("Ladies Who Lunch" is a bit "posh" for us, so we are "Ladies What Lunch")!! smile, Sadly paused for the foreseeable.sad.

I really enjoy all your comments, thank you flowers

Take Care Folks

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Jun-20 09:29:48

Morning all,

It's grey and wet here in South Yorkshire but the sky is lightening up so perhaps the sun might get out a bit. The garden certainly looks better after the rainfall of the last few days.

Not a lot planned for today other than a few general chores. Was hoping to trim the hedges yesterday and today, but it's too wet. (Only a light trim so as not to disturb the birds, but enough to tidy them up a bit).

I like bacon/ham joints cooked in coke, kitty, it seems to make the meat extra tender, somehow. Enjoy. It reminds me, we have a joint in the freezer so might do that next weekend.

Hope you all have a decent day. Keep safe.

Gelisajams Sun 07-Jun-20 09:31:23

Good morning from a damp Morecambe Bay. Hopefully it’s going to dry up later, as we are planning to drive across to the other side of the Bay, to Grange over Sands. We’ll have a walk up the front and round the park. There’s a big pond, sometimes with exotic ducks which hopefully will have chicks. Sadly the fancy ducks often get stolen. I don’t understand the mentality of some people. I’ll be happy enough to see the mallard chicks.
Managed to book a visit to our local NT garden (Sizergh) for later in the week after waiting over an hour to book the slot! Hope we haven’t picked a wet day!
Take care and staff safe everyone.?

Greyduster Sun 07-Jun-20 09:31:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s not raining at the moment but it’s going to be on and off all day in South Yorkshire. We didn’t go out yesterday, but we may call over to DD’s today as she got me a few items when she went shopping that son in law wasn’t able to find when he did our main shop - glacé cherries, walnuts, some tea I particularly like and some rhubarb, raspberry and orange blossom cordial. It all makes the wheels go around! No sitting in their garden today, though - too wet. Boeuf Stroganoff for dinner. I am another member who can’t get a ticket to a local NT property at the moment.☹️ Have a gentle day folks.

Grandmafrench Sun 07-Jun-20 09:34:36

Good Morning Everyone from a very warm but cloudy S of France.

Been really busy at my sewing machine - recaptured the bug as have been catching up on the Great British Sewing Bee. Love that series. Lots of ‘jobs’ which were outstanding have been achieved. Am currently sewing some shorts. My stash is big but I had really lost so much motivation due to the Lockdown. Funny because I should have been able to calm down and just concentrate - being stuck at home. Ah well, ‘there’s nowt as queer as folk’ it’s said, and I think being contrary is probably normal.

Hope you’re feeling somewhat better, Blue Sapphire but glad you’re getting help. Do talk to your Daughter, she would want to know how you feel. Talking will be good for you, surely?

Hope you managed a sneaky walk and the weather holds, Marydoll.

How disappointing the weather feels chilly for so many GNetters. Whatever happened to Blazing June? Suppose it was burnt up by a mega hot May! I read that it was the hottest May ever.

DH making some wonderful ‘surprises’ to eat with our Sunday lunch G&T. I’ve not had a shower yet, so must stir my stumps and get on with the day.

Just remembered, Auntieflo .....try a Peebol if you’re out and worried about finding a clean loo/any loo. Carry one in the car or in your bag.

Hope everyone has a happy day today, without any frustrations or gloomy thoughts. For those with real worries or pain, sending you warm wishes and a hug. Be kind to yourselves. And Gingster, don’t forget what a caring Mum you are. Be firm, no need for guilt...or a row!

Oh! Belated Congrats Granny Manc on a ?. How lovely. He will grow and be a playmate for his bigger brother. We had a little boy when asked if he liked his brand new baby brother, reply “Nope! Put him in the skip!!!” You had to admire such an honest appraisal. ?

Take care All, Stay Safe. ????

gillybob Sun 07-Jun-20 09:36:51

Another cold and wet day here on the NE coast . So chilly I have had to put the heating back on for DH as he really feels the cold these days .

I stood in a queue for B&M in the pouring rain yesterday (must’ve been mad) but their prices really are much better than Asda . The shelves were very well stocked so I got everything I needed . Mostly boring but essential cleaning stuff I was like a drowned rat when I got home though .

Spent the afternoon and early evening having another wardrobe clear out . I vacuum packed all my warm jumpers about 2 weeks ago and it’s so miserable and cold I have had to retrieve some to wear in this second winter we are having up here.

Found that new comedy on BBC iPlayer called “The other One” and watched the pilot episode. I enjoyed it so much I ended up binge watching the entire series . Basically it’s about two half sister who only find out about each other after the death of their father who was living a double life . They are like chalk and cheese . I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend .

So pleased you got to see your new baby grandson MancGirl even if it was at a distance . Glad you enjoyed your family visit NanKate Perfect timing for a very Happy Birthday to your DH too.

I know what you mean about silly things going round and round in your head during the night Brunette10 it’s as though you get fixated on something and just can’t let it go to get some rest. Drives me mad.

Have as good a Sunday as possible everyone . Will have a little catch up with another cuppa.
Love
Gilly x

Newquay Sun 07-Jun-20 09:43:49

Lovely to hear all your news-good tip about the bus pass. Will
remember if ever back on a bus. They are still running here and I see quite a few folk on including our age group too.
Have had a terrible night, seem to have been awake every hour-nothing unusual for me, sadly.
That means bad start to the day ?
Have become estranged from my dear sister-a long story-can’t see how we can ever be as we were before. Initially it felt like a bereavement but that’s not right-more like a divorce when you still love someone; you don’t see them but know they’re still there. Oh dear, better get a grip!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Jun-20 09:44:37

Morning all from a very wet South Notts. Hope to shop later and then it's a quiet day - aren't they all just lately? It's very grey looking out but the gardens were desperate so I'm not complaining.

Hope today is kind to us, especially those with worries.