Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Jun-20 06:23:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley this morning but also looking grey .
Looking at a tweet yesterday , as regards to buses, it seems that they are in general going to scrap the 24/7 use of bus pass from 15th June , which will revert to in the week between 0900/0930 depending on which area /county you are under.
Also bus timetables may also revert to normal post lockdown times , the urgency to get the country back to normal , maybe wrong if a 2nd wave starts .
Take Care ,
Mick

Kalu Sun 07-Jun-20 09:45:23

Hi Brunette I enjoyed every moment of my bit of freedom at last. ?. A much needed positive which has given me such a lift.

grandMattie Sun 07-Jun-20 09:47:31

Nah, urms, just showing off ?

grannysyb Sun 07-Jun-20 09:47:45

Bright and sunny here, we had lots of much needed rain yesterday after we had watered the allotment! It was so cold that I cracked and put the heating on. Our laptop was cleaned yesterday by a local shop, now we have to reinstall outlook for our emails, this will be really difficult as neither of us are technically minded. Will go for a walk later if the weather holds.

harrigran Sun 07-Jun-20 09:53:20

Good morning from a drab, wet NE.
Phone call from my sister abroad, sadly my BIL is on his final journey and we can not be there to hold her hand. My DD lives in Brussels and said she would drive to Germany but the border does not open until 15th.
I was awake at 5am with chest pains and felt grotty, took tablets had a cup of tea and eventually fell asleep. I now have a headache which I could do without.
DH bought a couple of newspapers yesterday which we left for 24 hours, just in case, so we will read them today.
Take care.

BladeAnnie Sun 07-Jun-20 09:56:15

Good morning from a dull and damp mid Notts. A late and lazy start for me - Mr BA has been up for hours!! Apparently the heavy rain against the velux and my snoring meant he gave up and got up grin!! Both DDs were supposed to be coming to sit socially distanced in the garden today but looking at the weather I thought I probably not sad. Creamy mushroom penne tonight which is a favourite of us both and oh so easy to make. Stay safe everyone and may Sunday be kind to us all x

Urmstongran Sun 07-Jun-20 09:58:44

Like it gillgran! ?

Urmstongran Sun 07-Jun-20 10:08:13

Someone I know takes the outer page off the newspaper harrigran so she can then settle down to read it on the day.
?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 07-Jun-20 10:13:13

Good morning Mick and all x

Breezy here in S E Essex, I gave in and put the heating on yesterday afternoon.

Nothing planned for today other roast beef and trimmings for dinner later and deciding whether to make an apple cake or banana bread.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday

Keep safe and well folks ?

Nannytopsy Sun 07-Jun-20 10:27:54

Good morning Mick and all his followers. We had a lot of rain in Suffolk yesterday, then a thunderstorm brought a lot more! The garden desperately needed it. We are forecast more today but it is dry so far.
We had our first Indian takeaway since moving here last night and oh did we enjoy it! The first meal we have not cooked ourselves since March.
Urmston it sounds like life is gradually returning to something more normal for you. If only the UK had been more alert in the early days, we might be there with you now. Oh well, we will get there in the end.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Patsy429 Sun 07-Jun-20 10:45:12

Good morning from South Wales. A bit overcast at the moment but a better day is promised. I am waiting to join our online Sunday church service which has seen an increasing number of people interested in virtual worship.

We still cook a Sunday roast, so my chicken is in ready for lunch. The coffee is all ready to go as well. I hadn't realised how much I had missed my friends until I see them on screen and it is lovely to chat with them afterwards and catch up with how everyone is doing. Hopefully, it won't be too long before churches can re-open, even with social distancing rules in place.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 07-Jun-20 10:56:03

Today in Harrogate it is right driech! Apart from making lunch, having a cuppa and taking the dog out, it's not fit for anything but staying in!

Grandmafrench Sun 07-Jun-20 11:02:01

Harrigran I’m so sorry for your family and especially for your Sister. It would be hard to imagine a worse situation when you only want so much to offer support. Hopefully it won’t be too long now before your Sister can have a proper family hug. In the meantime, you must protect yourself - hopefully your chest pain is stress, but you’ve been suffering badly with your hands and poor sleep, so try to look after yourself and, if needed, get some sleep in the daytime so that your general health doesn’t suffer and you can look forward to life Again ....when it’s finally given back to us! Please take care.

Malonegirl Sun 07-Jun-20 11:06:39

Dull, overcast here in Plymouth. Late breakfast in bed this morning. Will do a little yoga later on today. Husband in great deal of muscle pain since he decided to exercise by doing pressups six weeks ago. He is not as young as he thinks.
Lovely family facetime call with daughter who lives in Bristol and son ,wife and grandson who live in Russia yesterday. It helps so much being able to see them in these strange times. Have a good day everyone.

CherryCezzy Sun 07-Jun-20 11:14:46

A good late morning to you all from a grey and windy Gower.

Sounds like you're both having a lovely weekend for your DH's birthday NanKate ?.

Are jigsaws back in vogue during this lockdown, it would seem so ?. I, too, started a jigsaw a couple of days ago, the first I have done in probably 15+ years. I've ransacked the contents however, and I think there's a distinct possibility that there's an edge piece missing, even though it's a brand new jigsaw ?. I hope it turns up.

Spent most of the day yesterday on the phone and am pretty much talked out, unusual for that to happen to ^ me^ ?. I think I may stick to the odd text today instead.

Breast of lamb dinner for us today, my WP's favourite ?. I'm pretty partial to it too.

Take care all. ? for everyone who need some - pretty much all of us. Be kind to yourselves ❤️

CherryCezzy Sun 07-Jun-20 11:16:13

Extra ? for Harrigran.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 07-Jun-20 11:35:46

Good morning London, where I had been sitting in a bit of sunshine in the garden having my breakfast; surprisingly warm given all the cloud but the sun’s just ducked away. It was peaceful until DP came out to work on his shed base and started talking to our neighbour. Relaxed morning so far, I’m reading more and have been on a walk around Keswick with ‘Max in the lakes’. No big walk yesterday as the thunder, lightening and rain arrived in the afternoon so I got on with sorting my mam’s family photos, which is a mix of her photos, her mam’s photos and some from my dad, thrown in for luck. There are some very old ones there and not sure if anyone now will know who they are. I like doing jigsaws from time to time and usually get them from charity shops/swap with a friend so seeing the full price of them on line was a bit of a surprise.
Sun’s out again, may even take my jumper off, tomato plants to attend to so better get moving. Have a good day.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Jun-20 12:00:37

Good Morning All x
Getting brighter out after a grey drizzly morning first thing, but it's not so warm though and have dug out the fleecy pj's this past couple of nights. Heating also going for a couple of hours these last 2 or 3 nights.

It's taking me an age to read through posts and with me crumpets in between it's nearly mid-day. Never mind.
I laughed about the baby's big brother Mancgirl, wanting to play, that tickled me. Children say the funniest things.

Best of luck for todays chat Gingster. I remember having one of those in the past, oh dear. Difficult times.

Christmas puds---yes, mum used to make them in June too.
I still have two bought ones in the cupboard grin Lord knows what else is lurking at the back.

Welsh breast of lamb for me today too ( price of a joint of meat ) a far cry from the 1/6 that they used to cost smile Still, I'll enjoy it with Jersey's and cabbage. Syrup sponge for afters.

Thinking of those with problems and struggles and Harrigran's off-colour moments. Stay safe and as well as you can xx

mrswoo Sun 07-Jun-20 12:09:44

Definitely a miserable day here in Newcastle. The heating came on here too this morning.
I too love a jigsaw but I'm ashamed to say I only do them via a computer app these days. It's a bit of a cheat as you can decide how many pieces you want and also can start by only having edge pieces on the board. The app I use has a different free puzzle every day but there's a massive selection to purchase. I find them very relaxing.
I need to go for a supermarket shop as all that's left in the house is "summer" food and its definitely winter here today. Somehow the Salad Niscoise that I'd planned for today has lost its appeal.

flowers for anyone who needs a bit of cheering up today.

whoisthis Sun 07-Jun-20 12:51:15

Good afternoon from Sunny Surrey. Just finished a FaceTime call to DGS, very hurt as he kept asking to go to his other Grandparents house.
DH has just been to the Farmers market snd we are having steak for tea, can't wait.

Daisyboots Sun 07-Jun-20 13:11:50

Almost good morning from a sunny west coast of Portugal although the odd white cloud appears but is soon chased away by the wind.
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your BIL Harrigran. How awful it must be for your DS. I hope she has people close by there for her.
Forgot to get meat from the freezer last night so it wont be a roast for us today. I did see some English sausages in the freezer so maybe it will be bangers and mash unless I make them into something fancy like pigs in blankets with cheese and mustard inside before wrapping with bacon. Then it's down to getting the paperwork ready for the tax return. Not a good job but has to be done.
I too have been surprised at the cost of some jigsaw puzzles online. A friend posted a link online to a puzzle she was doing and the price was £31. I have never seen them that price in the shops. Mum used to love doing jigsaws and Lidl sometimes have them in the middle aisle for €5.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Taichinan Sun 07-Jun-20 13:32:16

Morning - sorry - Afternoon all! I'm having a decidedly off day and can't get myself going at all. It's cold and very windy on the Angus coast. Reading with envy and nostalgia for warmer climes. If only we could say "Beam me up Scottie" and find ourselves somewhere else! I would go back to 1992 and be with DH on our Silver Wedding hol in Singapore, in particular to the little island which you reach by cable car - Santosa Island from memory. I'm cosy warm and happy in the memory! Loved your little grandson:s comment of "well put it back" , Mancgirl when he discovered he couldn't play with his new little brother! Priceless. Having read all the posts, I know there were others I wanted to comment on, but my lockdown brain is on lockdown. Enjoy your sunshine, those of you who have it, and those who don't, enjoy a cosy coorie down with the central heating back on. Take care everyone ???

harrigran Sun 07-Jun-20 13:42:22

Daisyboots, sadly my sister does not have any family and their friends are all old and sick too. It is costing her 100 euros a time to get a taxi to the hospital and back.
Perhaps she will come back to the UK to live, she paid her contributions in this country all her working life as well as in Germany.

mrswoo Sun 07-Jun-20 14:21:35

taichinan did you see the Michael Portillo railway programme last night? He didn't actually go to Santosa but did mention it. It was a really interesting and enjoyable programme.Singapore has changed so much since I was there last in 1998. I hope to visit again in 2022 - hopefully the world will be restored to normality by then.