Gransnet forums

Chat

Grandchildren visiting

(7 Posts)
kittylester Thu 11-Jun-20 16:08:29

My group of friends had, between us, everything required for visiting grandchildren. It was sometimes difficult to know who had the stairgates if they were needed as they got used for people with visiting puppies too.

I wouldnt hire stuff - I would buy or borrow!

BlueBelle Thu 11-Jun-20 16:08:04

Charity shops sell them so cheaply though i m not sure you could compete
Most people buy them and then bring them back for resale when outgrown Even brand new items sell very very cheaply

Cabbie21 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:55:12

I know you said when this is all over, but I honestly think that people will be vary wary of using anything that they are not ultimately responsible for securing hygenically and would be reluctant to hire stuff to be used by grandchildren.

Our DiL brought her own high chair, and toys for her LO, even though we had plenty here from when the older grandchildren were younger. we acquired things for them, new car seat, second hand toys from charity shops but we washed them and were sure of their cleanliness.
Just a thought nowadays as I think things are different.

Ilovecheese Thu 11-Jun-20 15:49:35

Have you tried advertising in shops like Age Concern. Or baby clothes shops. You need to target potential grandparents.

ninathenana Thu 11-Jun-20 15:48:42

We bought second hand high chair etc.for a few pounds each to keep at our house.

AGAA4 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:45:49

Have you tried playgroups/toddler groups?

Anniepa Wed 10-Jun-20 16:06:54

Don't know if this is allowed bu just wondered if (after the end of the virus thingy0 you feel that there is a market for hiring out a selection of toys/highchairs etc for when grandchildren visit. so that they have things to play with and you don't have to buy or store it all. Maybe you already do this? I have been offering this service for many years with limited success but think that I am probably not advertising myself enough. Any thoughts would be appreciated.