Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you wearing right now?

(260 Posts)
DanniRae Thu 11-Jun-20 11:48:21

Just been reading a thread about "Does Appearance Matter?" and wondered what Gransnetters are wearing in lock-down? (This is meant as a lighthearted thread........hopefully it stays that way!!)

Blossoming Mon 09-Nov-20 10:15:33

My nightie

mary51 Mon 09-Nov-20 10:09:29

Right now I am wearing a silver grey silk/cashmere mix polo neck from M and S, bought 2001 for £15 reduced from £80. Fished out of the old clothes box every winter and not yet got rid of, An old denim skirt from M and S (one of several old ones) and some marine blue opaque tights. All over a thermal vest from M and S which is ever so warm.

Txquiltz Mon 09-Nov-20 05:16:18

Burgundy sweat top, jeans, thick pink and burgundy socks. Feels warm and toasty.

Coolgran65 Mon 09-Nov-20 04:22:21

It’s the middle of the night and I have insomnia of long standing. I’m wearing white nightie and navy with white polka dots dressing gown. Both M n S. A red fleece throw around my shoulders. Pavers slippers with the backs flattened and worn as mules as the neck of them is tight to take on and off. Last year Xmas gift. Note to self ....never buy slippers for anyone smile

BlueSky Sun 08-Nov-20 23:25:02

Wow Spangler and Mrs Spangler! You do look smart!

Spangler Sun 08-Nov-20 22:56:01

Damn, I changed their to there, in "dine there from far and wide," and it still came up their.

Spangler Sun 08-Nov-20 22:53:48

We have some friends who run their own pub, it's actually a country inn that's been there since the 17th century. Covid19 restrictions threatened their livelihood so they came up with the idea of becoming a shop.

To give you a picture their village is one of many in The New Forest, just a couple of hundred dwellings in their hamlet, but so popular are their meals, he's a trained chef, that many from other communities, dine their from far and wide.

Being designated as a shop, and as long as they follow the rules restricted to retail, they are allowed to stay open. We shop there for most of our food produce. They are also allowed to serve meals, but it has to be outside, socially distanced.

Hopefully, next August, we will be attending their wedding, and today when we dined their, in the car park, six feet away from everyone else, we wore the outfits that they want us to wear to their wedding. It was good to be out, even with all the restrictions.

annep1 Mon 29-Jun-20 23:01:36

Black t-shirt nightdress with FRIENDS written across the front.

Callistemon Mon 29-Jun-20 22:07:34

Just can't move as fast as I used to, lemongrove

MawB Mon 29-Jun-20 21:51:27

DanniRae

Goodness MawB you look very young and glamorous in that photo that you posted today!!

If only! gringrin

lemongrove Mon 29-Jun-20 21:34:37

Callistemon

Your lockdown hair looks great, MawB
Do you have any tips?

I had to change my trousers. As I went to fill the watering can, the wind moved it, the jet of water hit the edge and drenched me.

Now wearing navy linen trousers
(Oh, not navy again! I hear you cry)

Oh dear, wetting yourself now Callistemon ?the perils of old age.

GagaJo Mon 29-Jun-20 20:02:21

Leggings, black tunic, push-up bra and a full face of make up. Have had an online meeting today and had to make myself look human.

Evoha16 Mon 29-Jun-20 19:51:36

I was just thinking that very thought as I unlaced my snowshoes and took off my sealskin parka - it’s Baltic up here smile

Callistemon Mon 29-Jun-20 19:48:45

Your lockdown hair looks great, MawB
Do you have any tips?

I had to change my trousers. As I went to fill the watering can, the wind moved it, the jet of water hit the edge and drenched me.

Now wearing navy linen trousers
(Oh, not navy again! I hear you cry)

DanniRae Mon 29-Jun-20 19:42:47

Goodness MawB you look very young and glamorous in that photo that you posted today!!

Lucca Mon 29-Jun-20 19:31:30

Auntieflo

Black crinkle cut trousers.
Very old, so no longer crinkled
(or I have filled them too much) ?
With a thin white, and black striped jumper.

Is that like crinkle cut chips ?
Lemongrove bet your face is nowhere near as crinkled as mine.

Maw I like your style.
I was wearing stone coloured chinos with a royal blue fine knit sweater and jade coloured earrings But am now “slobbing” in black and white ,lose cotton trousers and an oversized long sleeved white t shirt.

annodomini Mon 29-Jun-20 18:37:23

Blue stripey top with black joggers and grey cardi. Sheepskin slippers.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 29-Jun-20 18:08:44

Old pair of red trousers and stripped t-shirt.navy flip flops.

Been house working and cooking much of the day.

Tired now.

MawB Mon 29-Jun-20 17:55:17

Blue cotton trousers and as it’s a lot cooler today a Seasalt sweatshirt and red shoes

Yiayia4 Mon 29-Jun-20 17:04:15

Black 3/4 length leggings, grey and yellow long sleeved t-shirt sketchers

LadyBella Mon 29-Jun-20 16:22:42

Grubby trousers, jumper with pulled threads, chipped nail varnish on toes, hair scraped back and clipped up. And this is despite all my good intentions.

lemongrove Mon 29-Jun-20 16:21:39

Auntieflo

My clothes are neatly pressed but my face is crinkled.

lemongrove Mon 29-Jun-20 16:20:02

Green and black patterned loose trousers with a fitted green top and and a green and black chunky necklace .....I must look a bit like a giant caterpillar.

DiscoGran Mon 29-Jun-20 16:10:25

Jeans (not very scruffy) yellow t shirt (not at all scruffy) flip flops. My hair is tied up in a bun. V scruffy, badly needs a cut. No make up. CBA. ?

Auntieflo Mon 29-Jun-20 16:09:04