Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops kitchen for caring and sharing...

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 11-Jun-20 13:18:32

I am so very sorry. My computer has died on me. Am having to use MacS's and am in a bit of a pickle. Just wanted to open this new kitchen and try to catch up later.

Izabella Wed 29-Jul-20 21:14:28

Good evening from the Shire. All is still and warm here, with nature taking a pregnant pause before (hopefully) what grandmsfrench calls a scorcher tomorrow.

Feeling discombobulated and a tad disappointed as I was booked into an Alzheimers zoom meeting on gait and balance problems specific to my disorder today. Can I work out how to access it? Can I hell. So its plan B. A glass of Pinot and listen to Enigma. Hopefully I can access in reptroscpet when my pal Kate brings me up to sppeed.

Thinking of Hattie and Tara, sore heads, (MacS) and all kitcheners. And of course morethan

Good night all and wake refreshed to greet tomorrows dawn. {flowers}

Izabella Wed 29-Jul-20 21:15:42

flowers

Charleygirl5 Wed 29-Jul-20 21:51:51

Izabella Tara is upstairs resting and no doubt she will be wondering when I am going to bed very soon. I slept well last night because after her cuddles she decided to sleep on the landing- her choice- she has the pick of the house.
TOYA

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Jul-20 21:53:24

grandmafrench I watched all of Mrs America and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it, although it made me so angry! Cate Blanchett is phenomenal as is all the other actors including Tracy Ullman who is surprisingly good. Well worth the watch. My friends are just away after dinner and we've had a lovely time. She brought me beautiful crystal Sherry glasses that had belonged to her mum who just died three weeks ago and I was very touched. So a lazy day for me tomorrow. Have a good day tomorrow x

annodomini Wed 29-Jul-20 22:21:44

A friend asked me to come round this afternoon. Her husband is dangerously ill in hospital - not covid19 related - and while I was there his consultant phoned. My friend put it on speaker so that I could hear. The prognosis is not good, though they are trying every possible test to find the cause of his illness. I stayed with her till her daughter came round. It was a distressing afternoon. They are my very best friends.
Tonight we had book group on Zoom which was good as we had a good exchange of news as well as a discussion on the book.
Night all moon

Puzzler61 Wed 29-Jul-20 22:52:12

I’m so sorry you’ve been distressed by your friends’ news today and it’s no doubt playing on your mind now you are home.
Keep doing what you are which is being a supportive friend at this difficult time.
I hope the tests uncover more information to enable the hospital to be able to treat your friend and for an improvement in his condition.

Goodnight. Hugs. ?

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:16:50

Good morning. I’ve popped in to the Kitchen to refresh the flowers, and bring cake to all who would like some.
My concoction today is blueberry and pecan muffin cakes.?
I wish I could reassure that it’s fat free and sugar free, but it isn’t - although I have reduced the amount of sugar by 25 gms!

I’ll be back later .....

Grandmabatty Thu 30-Jul-20 11:21:18

puzzler those sound very tasty. I'll have one and bring some lemon drizzle cake I made. Get the kettle on.

annsixty Thu 30-Jul-20 11:38:06

So sorry to hear that news anno
Just carry on being the best friend you can, it is the nicest thing you can do for your friend.

I have finally had my hair cut, even though I say it myself it has taken years of my appearance, that isn’t saying a lot as I looked 90 before!!

I am still in so much real pain but I am so well in myself I try to see the bright side of things, I am frustrated more than anything else.

My D and GD are coming for a few days next month so something to look forward to.
I will pay for them to sleep at a local Premier Inn and have meals and spend the day here.
I cannot cope with preparing rooms for them.

A pleasant day here with promise of better weather in the next few days so if your forecast is the same, I hope you all enjoy it.

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:44:01

Sorry you’re battling with constant pain annsixty, are your medications doing the job they should - does it need to be reviewed?
Draw up a chair and have a cuppa with Grandmabatty and me.
It will be a nice distraction to have a visit from your family next month (it is only a day away until Aug., can you believe?)
Glad you are pleased with your visit to the hairdresser - I am still chopping at mine most times I wash it. No one has shrunk with horror at it, so it must be alright ?

annsixty Thu 30-Jul-20 11:53:50

Thank you Puzzler coffee, just milk, no sugar thanks and cake if it is offered.
Fortunately the hair dresser comes to me, I couldn’t make it otherwise.
My meds don’t help with walking as bone on bone doesn’t respond to anything but I take two at night and they do help me sleep, however they have 30mgs of codeine in each tablet and they are addictive so I use them sparingly.

annodomini Thu 30-Jul-20 12:01:37

Puzzler, blueberry and pecan muffins! Those will bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch very nicely! And fresh flowers. Are those Agapanthus? Mine has eleven heads but they all look a bit puny, the variegated one in a pot has beautiful, ornamental stripey foliage but only two buds. Can't have everything.
ann, It will be good to see your DD again. It's been a long time for some of us, who haven't seen family since before the lock-down, or, in my case, since Christmas. I think DS2 is coming to pick me up and take me south at the end of next week, but, typically, he hasn't managed to confirm the arrangement...yet.
Three cheers! I have a hair appointment next Tuesday, so I won't need to resort to a pony tail after all. I look like the wild woman of Cheshire.

annsixty Thu 30-Jul-20 12:09:19

Last week after my GD blew it for me.
When she finishes working I will get her to do after.

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 12:28:50

Good very early afternoon lovely peoples.

Thank you, Puzzler. I too shall pull up a chair and share your sugar and fat-free delicious home bakes. The flowers are gorgeous. I wish that we had some growing in our garden. The shape is architectural and the colour is a favourite of mine.

anno Your friendship will be invaluable to your dear friends at this awful time of waiting and worrying. Bless you.

Annsixty The pain that you are having to endure is relentless. You've been so patient throughout, in spite of delays for the surgery that will, when performed, give you blessed and blissful relief.

Grandmabatty We are also enjoying 'Mrs America'. Final episode tonight.
How lovely of your friend to give you the precious Sherry glasses. I always think that from hereon, whenever you raise a glass of cheer, you will do so with fond thoughts of your friend and her late mother.

Izabella Shall we both opt for your plan B? Yay! grin

Charleyg Little mistress Tara knows her place - anywhere that she chooses to be. Irrespective of whether or not it's convenient. wink]

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 12:30:05

annsixty I like your hairstyle. Mine (when it's done) will look very similar, I hope. x

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Jul-20 12:41:56

Your hair is so sleek, it really is chic ann.
I am blessed with hair with the texture of straw. When I dye it it looks sleek for about a week and then the straw effect kicks in again. I envy you grans with silken hair.

The blooms are glorious Agapanthus - I must come clean, they’re shop bought. The photo doesn’t show just how tall they are - that’s my tallest vase. This bunch just jumped in my basket when I called at the “posh shop” Waitrose yesterday.

soop I hope you and MacS are well - any news on a date for MacS ‘s scalp treatment? I don’t think your weather is as hot as ours “down sowf”, but if it’s sunny he must take care and cover it up. A nuisance if that means he feels hot and sweaty.

Good to chat with you Ladies, catch up with you later. ? h

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 12:45:26

I promised to tell you the story that starts with me shouting up to MacS in his man-cave - "Darling, would you take a look at the outfit that I may wear when we go out for the birthday meal?"

Dear MacS descends the ladder. I parade before him in an outfit that I may wear. He nods, smiles and says, I think you look lovely. As he was about to climb the ladder, I ask - if he'd mind seeing an alternative outfit. He agrees, because he's patience personified. I scrabble around in the bedroom and present option 2. Yes! He loves it.
He offers to make tea and I slip into option 3 but decide on the spot that it really isn't suitable. As I'm saying so, I enter the kitchen and he looks up..."that's the one" he exclaims. No! I respond. It doesn't suit me.
He enters the bedroom with freshly made tea and waits while I dig out two further outfits and do a twirl. He approves of both. I say - BUT - which do you prefer? He bursts into a fit of laughter. I'm po-faced.
The bedroom is a tip of strewn, discarded clothing. I also laugh. Well, he concludes, I really liked the first outfit (except it makes your bust look rather big.) Which is true. Hmm. Back to the drawing board.

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 12:53:02

Puzzler The appointment to have the unsightly growths on MacS's scalp came through the post this morning. Next Tuesday. After which, I've a hair appointment.
Our weather is damp at the moment. We do have lovely, sunny days but far fewer hot days than you enjoy. Scotland can deliver four seasons in one day. Suits us.
Here is last night's sky.

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 12:54:35

I'm away to prepare for the opening of our new kitchen. I shall return shortly.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 30-Jul-20 12:57:00

soop your DH sounds like mine on the outfit front

Annsixty I do envy your hair colour, I went five months over lockdown without high/low lights and was so disappointed with my natural hair, it was neither one thing or another ?

I expect the new kitchen will be open before the end of the day please leave a trail of cake crumbs.................

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:32:37

Our new kitchen will be sunny, light, cosy and comfortable. It's roomy and the buffet is ready with all manner of good things.

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:34:33

A lovely young lady has just this minute delivered a beautiful cyclamen plant, together with a thank you for the portrait of her Australian sheep minding dog, Ivy

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:36:03

This is Ivy...

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:38:34

I'm tidying this kitchen for the last time. Must leave it looking pristine un like the *Argy Bargy.

soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:39:02

About to lock the door. smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion