Gransnet forums

Chat

Getting taken short when in the middle of nowhere.

(80 Posts)
silverlining48 Mon 22-Jun-20 17:06:12

I heard Poundland were selling these a while ago.

vampirequeen Mon 22-Jun-20 15:50:04

OMG BlueBelle grin

You're right silverlining48. Practise definitely makes perfect but it's not that difficult to get right. The hardest bit is letting go when you're still standing up grin

BlueBelle Mon 22-Jun-20 15:36:05

I must tell you a story I was in a country area desperate for a wee saw a tree and bush up a hillside went round behind it so no one would see me, knicks down, pure relief, looked up mid stream to Realise there was a pathway above me in full view of my toilet ?

silverlining48 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:10:35

You need a few practice runs ( ha ha) before you use it outdoors. There is a knack I understand.

vampirequeen Mon 22-Jun-20 13:16:44

This is really aimed at the cyclists and walkers who often find themselves miles away from the nearest toilet but it could be useful to anyone because toilets aren't always as clean as we'd like.

Last week we walked to Haworth Waterfall ….beautiful place and well worth a visit if you're in the area. The problem was that it's a mile to the waterfall and a mile back with no toilets anywhere. It's OK for men when they get taken short. All the have to do is find somewhere to have a discreet wee but we can't do that. It's impossible for us to be discreet like the men can. So I looked on the internet for the answer and sure enough there it was. I bought a SheWee (yes it's what it sounds like). You can stand just like a man and it's totally liberating. I really think we women drew the short straw in that department grin. If you walk, cycle or even travel to where there are no or unpleasant toilets then try one. I should add that I'm not advertising SheWee. Other lady aid apparatus are available.