Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Jun-20 06:10:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start here in Brackley , to what appears to be the start high temperatures for the rest of the week .
Trying to adapt my routine again, with housework this morning, then a trip into Buckingham to take a toilet seat back late lunch, then an easy afternoon .
Take Care ,
Mick

Marydoll Thu 25-Jun-20 10:26:16

Rozina, welcome from me too. Many of us don't know what day it is, they have all rolled into one. grin

Look in Last hour and you will find today's thread.

Pantglas2 Thu 25-Jun-20 10:15:14

Morning Rozina and welcome to this lovely thread. You might want to post on the Thursday thread so you can meet more of us marvellous grans ?

rozina Thu 25-Jun-20 10:01:41

Good Morning everyone,

First time on this thread but I always read Mick's early morning news and wonder how he manages to get up so early. I think everyone seems so lovely on this thread. Today is the first time since lockdown that I'm visiting my friends in their garden. Such a short distance away in the next town but a long way as I will only travel by train at the moment. After that a long walk in the heat. Been totally on my own in lockdown and hated it. I don't see joy in Zoom and banana bread but I'm sure that's just me. Tomorrow a dreaded hospital appointment I've put off for three months.

Have a lovely day all of you.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jun-20 07:27:55

Janebuck, this is Wednesday, there is a Wednesday thread.?

Enjoy your motor bike ride. My future DIL wild swims in Loch Lomond.

Welcome, I've not seen you on the thread before.

Janebuck Wed 24-Jun-20 06:50:37

Good morning all, cup of coffee in the garden and then out on my motorbike for a spin with a friend, perfect weather for it. Most likely go to Chatsworth House as you can wild swim there. Love this sunny spell

Grandmabatty Tue 23-Jun-20 19:42:06

Sorry, I hadn't seen your question. Someone has kindly answered it for me! It's four miles from linlithgow where Mary, Queen of Scots was born. It's three miles away from Falkirk, the Kelpies and the Falkirk wheel. It's very close to Grangemouth which has refineries but Polmont is a very green area to live in. I moved to be close to my daughter and her family and I'm glad I did. Mary doll, haddock for dinner from the fish man!

Feelingmyage55 Tue 23-Jun-20 12:44:04

Good morning/afternoon from a cloudy, breezy north of Scotland.
Delighted marydoll is home and hopefully relaxing. If feeling yucky after treatment especially injections I try and convince myself that at least I know it is working. Half cup full philosophy.
I have been struggling to post as being alone and not shielding, but vulnerable has been trying. However I have been to a family garden centre and treated the garden/myself to some new bits and pieces. The bits were to big to go in the car and had to be delivered?
granmabatty.Polmont is a small town near Falkirk one the way to Edinburgh. Edinburgh is about a 40 minute drive depending on the time of day.
Take care everyone.

Mapleleaf Tue 23-Jun-20 12:09:24

Good afternoon all,

A little late posting, but I've been busy faffing this morning and suddenly it's noon! ?

So pleased that all went well yesterday, Marydoll. A lazy day for you today, I hope, then you can be back with a vengeance tomorrow ?.

I hope today you are feeling a little easier, BlueSapphire and send these ? to cheer you.

It's getting very warm here, so have moved back indoors for a while to escape the heat a little.

To all feeling anxious, worried, or unwell, I hope that today brings you some comfort. Take care everyone.

Kalu Tue 23-Jun-20 11:28:55

Good morning from a wet day in Glasgow.

So pleased all went well yesterday Marydoll. Excellent news. Now Mrs., take it easy today and none of your antics please.?

I have a couple of plain frames being delivered today so my paints and waxes will be out to keep me busy working on them.

How lovely it is to hear of family visits happening now. I think possibly this is the main thing many of us have missed.

Hope you are feeling a bit less anxious today BlueSapphire I have avoided reading or watching anything reporting doom and gloom and I have stuck to more positive pastimes to fill my head which helps keep me more upbeat. I hope your day goes well?

Have a pleasant day all and warmest wishes for those of you with struggles.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 23-Jun-20 11:23:49

Good morning all, from Cloudy Harrogate. I believe it should get warmer as the day goes on. Nothing really planned for the day, probably make another couple of laundry bags this pm. Yesterday having small grandson who decided to show me his reading skills was so lovely. (he is 6 and has DS). Also his counting skills, but he refused to acknowledge the number 7. Don't know what it's done to him, but he would count from 6 to 8 and argue if the number 7 was put in!!. At least he is learning and keen to learn!

mrswoo Tue 23-Jun-20 10:57:32

Good Morning from Newcastle where the weather is bright, blustery and definitely not a " phew what a scorcher" kind of day. It looks as if it could rain at any minute and I've got a line of washing out.
Glad that everything went well yesterday marydoll - have a restful day today. I hate to admit your maths class is way beyond my capabilities. I've had a look a couple of times and scuttled off in shame!
We have men digging up our pavements again. The third time this year - goodness knows what they are doing.
I'm still in some pain from slipping on wet grass and crashing into the wheelbarrow. On Thursday last week DH fell off his bike and landed on a bollard. He now has a very sore right side while I have a sore left one. What a pair! If anyone heard the oohs, ahhs and groans coming from our house they would wonder what on earth was going on!

Enjoy the sunshine you lucky people with blue skies and I hope everyone, everywhere has the best day possible

jacq10 Tue 23-Jun-20 10:11:52

Good morning Mick and followers. Bit of a grey day here in the Highlands and I don't think the predicted heatwave for the next few days is going to reach us. I heard a collective sigh of relief when we all read Marydoll was home and resting. To get the procedure done in one day and be back home is great news to hear.

Mumskimumski Tue 23-Jun-20 10:05:37

Morning Ladies Do others feel that lockdown has left you a little sad that several friends have not bothered to check we are ok seems so many calls have been one way. Ie outgoing .I feel that people have become insular and think my Christmas card list will be a little shorter this year.I have realised who my true friends really are. Regards and Good health to you all.

gillgran Tue 23-Jun-20 10:02:14

Good Morning to you all from a bright & hot Cambs.,
Seems it's going to be a very hot week, (anything over 20 is too much for me:-(

Good to see you back Marydoll, take special care.

DH has a telephone "pre-op" consultation today, (also a swab test at hospital next week,) prior to his op., later next week.

Mick, it's good to be getting back to some sort of "new " normal.

Take Care Folks.

Harris27 Tue 23-Jun-20 10:00:58

Good morning all haven’t posted much whilst still being on furlough. Hope you are all well and I’m trying to keep busy with fingers crossed I’ll be back at work but as the months drag on I’m reluctant to get my hopes up! Have a good day all sitting in the garden writing birthday cards out.well done marydoll with your treatment .

henetha Tue 23-Jun-20 09:39:42

It's warm and sunny in south Devon today and I'm happy because I'm meeting up with one of my granddaughters whom I haven't seen since mid March. We are going to walk along the sea-front, 2 metres apart of course!

Megs36 Tue 23-Jun-20 09:37:28

Glad it’s over Marydoll
I guess everyone like my husband got the NEW LETTER today re shielding ,here’s to the end being in sight, if distantly.
Someone cutting my hair today YAY.

Gelisajams Tue 23-Jun-20 09:33:13

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is cloudy and even a few spits and spots of rain while we were on our morning walk. Glad to log on and see Marydoll safely back with us. I do hope the treatment works as hoped.
Lots of gardening today, here, a grass cut for a regular client and a bit of planting in the church garden. Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Jun-20 09:27:51

Our fish man comes from Lowestoft on Fridays ?

Newquay Tue 23-Jun-20 09:20:56

Morning all-where IS Polmont then Grandmabatty?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Jun-20 09:11:34

Popped back to se if Urmstongran had posted this morning, I didn't see her on here yesterday.

Hope all is well Urm and that it is just your intermittent internet ?

Pittcity Tue 23-Jun-20 09:08:02

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I wish we could even the weather out a bit as it's going to be too hot for me here for the next few days.
DH is off to the gym (a small outdoor class) instead of an online class in the living room..... Hooray. I will get a chance to mop the laminate floors before retreating to the shade with a cold drink sunshine

Nortsat Tue 23-Jun-20 09:00:41

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Glad to know Marydoll is home and (hopefully) resting. Also pleased to know that harrigran had a better night.
Welcome Grandmabatty.

My partner is teaching on line today and is tired after his adventure at the dentist. It’s a lengthy drive there and back and the traffic in Central London was heavy.

I have been listening to a gentle comedy on BBC R4 called ‘Conversations from a Long Marriage’, with (lovely) Roger Alam and Joanna Lumley. It’s about a couple who have been together for 40+ years ( as my partner and I have been ) and they are happy if sometimes grumpy ... a landscape I am familiar with. It’s gently amusing and well worth finding on iplayer Sounds.

Have a good day all and ? to those who need them, including Bluesapphire. ?

CherryCezzy Tue 23-Jun-20 08:59:54

Good morning from the Gower where it's a warm hazy sunshiny day.

Oh Marydoll, it sounds like your treatment went well ?. Take it easy, I hope the yuckiness you are feeling eases as the day goes on.

Get packing Pantglas ready for your holi holidays ?

*Susan, I hope that is the last of the problems with the garage. Quite right that they didn't charge!

I heard about he porpoises Lins, I would have loved to have seen them.

BlueSapphire, day by day - you will get there.

I'm off to make a phone call to he GP now as I can hardly use my hand, typing with one finger and it's painful doing that.

Have a good day everyone, ??? for all who need them ❤️

Anniebach Tue 23-Jun-20 08:59:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x