Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Jun-20 06:10:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start here in Brackley , to what appears to be the start high temperatures for the rest of the week .
Trying to adapt my routine again, with housework this morning, then a trip into Buckingham to take a toilet seat back late lunch, then an easy afternoon .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 23-Jun-20 06:20:58

Good morning all. Very sunny today. Not sure I enjoy wall to wall heat. 23+C is high for me. At least the nights aren’t too warm...
Good luck with you loo seat, Mick. It’s infuriating when that sort of thing happens.
I’m going to my Tai Chi class this morning. We’re a group of retired old ladies from 65-85 very careful to keep our distance and meet in the park! We get a few funny looks but it is SO nice to see my friends and to exercise in a group. I do practice every day.
The carpet man is coming this afternoon to measure the stairs and our lisp are room. It is all very exciting. I get little spurts of pleasure when I look up and see the crisp white woodwork and the restful shades of green in the hall, etc. It’s lovely.
Marydoll, if you’re reading this, I hope your treatment is going well and you are reacting appropriately to it. I so hope it gives you relief.
Those of you in turmoil, may today bring you peace. Those in pain, a pain free day, the rest - a happy day!
Have a good day....

grandMattie Tue 23-Jun-20 06:21:40

Noooo. Little spare room! ?

Beechnut Tue 23-Jun-20 06:33:57

Good Morning everyone from sunny Severnside.

I find green restful too grandMattie. Our living room is painted quite a dark green. I think it feels like walking into a cool woodland glade on days like we will be having this week.

I hope your hospital day went well for you Marydoll.

Homeworking for me today and I plan an early start.

Enjoy your day and the sunshine all ??

Pantglas2 Tue 23-Jun-20 06:37:00

Morning all from lovely sunny north Wales where I’ve just done my yoga stretches and am enjoying the chamberpot of strong tea while DH purrs alongside......that’s politespeak for snores like a hog!

Apparently I also snore.....unlikely I know.....I call what I do, purring?!

Off for my last shop this morning before we trot off to mi casa in Spain next week - someone has to give Urmstongran a hand, poor girl’s been holding the fort all on her own?????

Have a good day folks x

kittylester Tue 23-Jun-20 07:06:11

Morning all from a North Leicestershire that is already sunny and warm.

Zoom call at 9 am (why?) then DD3 and children are coming to sit in the garden for a couple of hours.

Enjoy your days!

cornergran Tue 23-Jun-20 07:10:42

Morning Mick, morning All. Clear blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Serious dust removal needed before an outside natter with neighbours. Our walks have sort of slipped off the agenda, maybe the seafront this evening, see how the energy goes. Hope yesterday went well marydoll, be gentle with yourselves everyone, still adjusting to do to what feels an ever changing world out there.

monk08 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:20:00

Morning all from the black country warm start flowerpots all watered. Excited today friend and husband coming for tea and cakes in the garden. Haven't seen for over 3mths longest we've been apart in over 50yrs she's the sister I never had. Have a good day all and hope everything went well for Marydoll yesterdayflowers.

Marydoll Tue 23-Jun-20 07:24:26

Good morning Mick and all.

Well I'm back, safe and sound.
All went well. I'm relieved it's over , but I'm feeling a bit yukky, That's the only word I can think of to describe it. So you will be pleased to know, no long novella today.

A lovely poster PMd and warned me that I would feel very sleepy after it, boy was she right and I also had the weird dreams into the bargain, just as she predicted!

Thank you all for your kind wishes yesterday, you lovely people, they were much appreciated as unusually for me, I was very apprehensive about my treatment. I usually don't get uptight at all about procedures.

Love to Bluesapphire, whom I know needs our love and prayers. I will be back tomorrow, with a vengeance and hope to open up the maths class.

Enjoy your day all, especially if you are seeing your families.

Beechnut Tue 23-Jun-20 07:26:13

Good news Marydoll

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 23-Jun-20 07:27:08

Good morning from east London, bright, warm and sunny outside. Task of the day is to drop the car off for a wheel check; if I get it back at a reasonable time, I may do some food shopping. Keen to find out what the proposed relaxations will bring; DS was due to transfer his part-time pub job he does at uni up here over the summer holidays.
Hope you have a good day.

dragonfly46 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:28:29

Great news Marydoll

NanKate Tue 23-Jun-20 07:39:39

Morning Mick and All.

The sun us up in South Bucks and the heat is cranking up.

Onward and upward Marydoll ?

Enjoy your Zoom Kitty. I had my first one last Friday and was not that impressed, maybe it will grow on me.

It’s my DS’s 46 birthday today, where have the years gone?

I have got a friend coming round for coffee this morning (well she brings a flask) so I had better get a move on.

grandMattie Tue 23-Jun-20 07:46:38

Great nes Marydoll. Hope it worked. X

Sar53 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:46:45

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. I think this is the start of a mini heatwave.
We went to view our new car yesterday which is now at the local dealership and very nice it is too.
We will be picking it up on the 1st July after DH has returned his company car to Birmingham on the 29th June. The week after we will be selling mine. We cannot justify having 2 cars as mine hardly gets used. I'm sure there will be times when we will wish we had 2 but we will have to compromise.
I need to stay in and wait for a delivery that I missed yesterday when we were at the garage. I think DH is off to pay in a cheque at the bank.
Marydoll glad all went well.
Have a lovely day everyone and carry on staying safe xx

brook2704 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:48:25

Good morning everyone from Inverness. There’s small patches of blue in the sky this morning with the sun peeping through ?. Yesterday I walked down to my friends house early afternoon to sit in her garden for a catch up. It just started raining when I arrived so had to sit outside just under her porch whilst she sat inside the porch -we did giggle quite a lot but kept to the rules and had a lovely time!

So very pleased you’re back home Marydoll and your treatment went well. Sorry you’re feeling yucky though and hope that eases soon - Take it easy , you’re a very special lady ❤️

His lucky are you Pantglas !! I’m not at all jealous ?

Have a great day all, thinking all GNs with worries and troubles, hope you all enjoy the day ?

Susan56 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:49:56

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.

We have the car back so hoping the ongoing saga is over.The garage accepted they were at fault so no charge.I just hope there negligence hasn’t damaged the car.My husband preferred the courtesy car to our car Cherry!

Glad you are back in the fold Marydoll and hope after a restful day today you feel much better?

Have a good day all.

gillybob Tue 23-Jun-20 07:52:16

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Tuesday. Some good weather predicted for the rest if the week .....jeez knows we need it . ?

So pleased to hear from you this morning Marydoll. I’m glad it’s over with for you. Now try to enjoy a nice day of rest .(if that’s possible for you ) smile

Enjoy choosing your new carpet grandMattie . I love the smell of a new carpet and I’m so envy of that crisp white paint work . My stairs are in desperate need of painting but I live in a 3 storey house and there’s so much paintwork I’m feeling tired just thinking about it .

Have as good a day as possible everyone . Love Gillybob xx

Greyduster Tue 23-Jun-20 07:52:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall sunshine this South Yorkshire morning. It’s going to be hot so a day of relative inactivity is called for, interspersed with some gentle domestics. We had a good walk yesterday in the country park. Lots of water babies around - this little one not very old I think. Mum was bringing him lunch. Have a good day folks. Slap on the sun cream.

NfkDumpling Tue 23-Jun-20 07:55:55

Morning All

Another wonderful summers day here in the north of Norfolk.

So pleased to hear that all went well yesterday Marydoll Relief all round!

We had intended to take our campervan for a run today to see if it still goes after not moving for so long, but DH disturbed a white-tailed bees nest in the garden yesterday and the bees didn’t like it. He’s been stung a few times around his ankle, didn’t get much sleep, his ankle is swollen this morning and he can only hobble and has taken himself back to bed, so I’ve a morning to myself (apart from DGD3’s reading practice).

Lins1066 Tue 23-Jun-20 07:58:02

Good Morning Mick and all. Lovely morning here on the S Welsh coast.
A pod of porpoises was spotted in the bay a couple of days ago, a sure sign of warm weather.
Good to hear that everything went well Marydoll, look after yourself. Have a good day everyone.
Stay safe.

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Jun-20 08:00:59

Good morning Mick and all his followers. You gave up on the toilet seat then? They can be a real pain to fit. We find you need more than one pair of hands!
Sunny in Suffolk again - some gardening if it isn’t too hot.
Well, a very thorough sanding down and another £60 on paint and this time the front door looks lovely! The gloss will go on early tomorrow.
Good news Marydoll and welcome back.
We shall have to find something new to watch on TV tonight - we have finished all the series of Cardinal on iplayer.
I hope everyone is kind to themselves today.

Brunette10 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:21:27

Short and brief today. It's raining here in Fife, another day of drizzle. So glad all is well Marydoll, really chuffed for you. Thinking of all those with anxieties/problems, keep your chin up.

EllanVannin Tue 23-Jun-20 08:22:38

Good Morning All x
Where's this sunshine ? It's heavy grey cloud, trees wafting about a bit and not looking too promising. Ah well, can't expect too much I don't suppose.

Turned on the comp. to find it had been doing its own thing during the night with a new start-up page and things looking different. I'll manoeuvre my way around it at some point.

A bit of local shopping, I fancy some lamb chops today so I'll see what the butcher's got.
If nothing else, this lockdown has curbed my spending as I'm not buying stuff that I don't want/ need.
It'll have to be an early dart out because the awaited parcel didn't arrive yesterday.

One of the arms fell off my reading glasses last night so I hunted around and found the other pair that was with them. Cheap ones from Asda years ago as my eyes were last tested in 2003 grin but these specs are ideal 2.5-----must be the statins keeping the plaque build-up at bay, they're fine.

Good to see you back in the land of the living Marydoll you'll soon be up and at 'em in a few days. x

Everyone else, remain safe and well and enjoy the day xx

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:24:15

Good morning Mick and all. We’ve got some of Urmstongran and Bellasnana’s hot sunshine for the rest of this week. ☀️ Watering in the garden will resume!

I’ll be “pootering” this morning, and garden visiting a friend this afternoon. I must slather sun cream on as yesterday I got a red sunburnt shoulder (just 1). I had thought I was under the parasol, nattering away for quite a while on the ‘phone, and It became very apparent later in the day - I wasn’t!

Marydoll glad you’re home ? Will you take it gentle today and “pooter” carefully too please?

Everyone else, enjoy the sunshine, take care ?