Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Jun-20 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another warm day greets us this morning , small shop this morning .
Today , May fit new loo seat .
Yesterday , whilst in Buckingham , I went past the café I frequent allot to see it open, and doing take aways , chairs and tables stacked up , but a one way system as regards to entry and exit .
There seems to be more activity as well when going out , will miss the afternoon entertainment on TV with the daily update .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 24-Jun-20 20:30:30

Ooh Gingster that cake looks absolutely delicious! What a very talented granddaughter. Hopefully your family will all be grateful recipients of similar cakes in the future!

I think the cake plate looks like an ‘Emma Bridgewater’. I used to have a tote bag with similar coloured spots.
?

Gingster Wed 24-Jun-20 15:45:27

Thankyou Puzzler and Feelingmyage. I will pass on your comments to her and also find out about the plate. ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 24-Jun-20 14:51:21

Very impressive indeed. Almost too gorgeous to cut into. And I love the cake plate. Does it rotate? What I mean is where could I buy one for my AD’s birthday. She loves polka dots. Hope your GD has a lovely day.

Puzzler61 Wed 24-Jun-20 13:20:44

Wow Gingster, that’s an amazing cake!

What a very talented young lady your GD is ? Happy Birthday to her. ? ? ?

Bet it will be delicious.

Gingster Wed 24-Jun-20 12:35:53

Sorry late with pic of GD’s cake she made herself. 11 today.?

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 24-Jun-20 11:03:57

Yay!! Good morning from Sunny Harrogate!! Unfortunately have a bake to do shortly, and hang a washing out!! After lunch will possibly do more sewing before taking the dog out for a walk (and DH)

Mapleleaf Wed 24-Jun-20 10:59:29

Good morning,

It's another hot day. I've prepared our evening meal already and it is chilling in the fridge now.

Just having 5 in the cooler room, but already that is feeling sticky.

Meeting neighbours this afternoon for another socially distanced chat. Must remember to take my hat and sun cream.

Keep safe everyone. ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 24-Jun-20 10:56:59

Good morning from a warm but overcast north of Scotland. It is nice to be able to sit outside with my coffee and listen to the neighbour’s children having their 20 minute “playtime”. The local mums are all keeping to a teaching routine and doing an amazing job going by the happy noise at break times and after 3 pm. lovely to see urmstongran and marydoll posting. My papa used to call me doll or hen.
Good wishes to all who are finding the loneliness difficult to cope with. Thank goodness for free phone calls. The gardener came yesterday (twice a season) and I could hardly find the words at first to have face to face conversation. Didn’t last long though! I stayed about twenty feet away and he was very understanding. Have the best day you can everyone.

Kalu Wed 24-Jun-20 10:41:00

Grammaretto. Nicola was quite clear that those who are shielding can now go for a walk. Enjoy ?

Grammaretto Wed 24-Jun-20 10:35:20

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where we have a sunny day at long last.

Our rules are different from the other 3 Nations and we also received a letter yesterday..

It means that DGD should begin her new school without any distancing at all on August 11th.

Unfortunately, unlike Marydoll's DGD, she will know nobody. But as she is only 5, she will make friends quickly.

We are still a bit confused for ourselves what with shielding.
I still haven't been for a walk.

Have as best a day as you can.

Megs36 Wed 24-Jun-20 10:33:52

Cheers to Mary doll and dragonfly.
As mentioned yesterday,the new Letter arrived and whilst wordy is quite plain, and still all those shielding (my husband and daughter in law included) are recommended to not ‘go in’ anyshopsetc till further notice, It’s really as before up to the individual how they interpret it.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jun-20 09:51:04

Nortsat the Scottish shielders received a text to remind us to disregard the English Govt advice, it does not apply to us.
I know of someone who now thinks it's ok for her to go for a wander around M&S! ?
After all Boris says its it ok!

Kalu Wed 24-Jun-20 09:43:07

Good morning everyone from a sunny Glasgow courtesy of a very kind poster who sent it up in our direction.

Good idea with the echo dots Marydoll. Isn’t technology wonderful........when it works?. Another empty for you today, woohoo. So pleased your GD loved her time at school it’s such a big day for her and also, teacher knows her Granny?
Enjoy a restful day knowing your ordeal is over and you will gradually feel the benefit.

Phew Urmstongran I wondered where you were. Technology again!! Good to have you back as I enjoy reading all your news from sunny Spain.

Your social life certainly is picking up Bellasnana. Lovely to hear of your outings. I had my espresso in the garden this morning with the cat. Not quite the same as enjoying a leisurely coffee at a pavement cafe but it’s a start.?

You are in my thoughts BlueSapphire. Those days you feel you are getting nowhere will gradually fade as you realise you are feeling stronger bit by bit and it will happen slowly but surely.?

IF the sun stays put I may even hang out some washing then enjoy pottering in the garden.

Have a pleasant day all and always, warm wishes to those with worries and struggles.

Nortsat Wed 24-Jun-20 09:42:22

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from sunny east London.
A day in the garden, I think. Some weeding and some reading.
Gosh the days seem to meld into one another, but the weeks fly by.

I am waiting for my letter from the NHS advising me what the next steps are for shielders. I think the advice has been quite unclear.

We were waiting for the end of June, when shielding was supposed to stop, for the repair person to come and sort out our dishwasher. It konked out at the end of May but of course Bosch couldn’t send anyone to repair it, whilst I was shielding.
Now it looks like another month of washing up by hand ... until a repair person can visit in early August.

Good wishes to Marydoll and Dragonfly and to Bluesapphire, if she’s reading ...
Have a good day all and special good wishes to those who need them ?

Nannytopsy Wed 24-Jun-20 09:35:42

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Have you sorted that toilet seat yet Mick??
Predictably, it is sunny in Suffolk.
Glad to see Urmston is back with us - lots of worried people!
First, a quick trip to the local nursery for compost and manure to enrich our new flower bed. It was so hot digging that yesterday ??.
Then the front door gets its final gloss coat and I do hope that’s the end. ?We can leave it ajar until bedtime to dry properly.
I hope the day is kind to everyone, particularly BlueSapphire.

Auntieflo Wed 24-Jun-20 09:29:48

Good morning Mick, Annie, ?. and all.
So lovely to hear that Marydoll has had her procedure and is now home again, so enjoy your day of peace and quiet, and being alone.
Much as we love our other halves, we still enjoy our own company from time to time.
Not much planned here. A visit to the little hardware shop that sells everything that you never knew you wanted, and how to use it. The family run business is a real asset to our town.
Then collect my prescriptions, and visit 'my' charity shop that re-opened on Monday. I can't wait to get back next week.
I would so love to live near a beach, hearing from the ones of you who do. How lucky.
Have a good day one and all.

SusieB50 Wed 24-Jun-20 09:27:50

Good morning from East London ,going to be schorcio here . The men are coming to start the outside painting today , I hope it’s not going to be too hot ! They said they will follow the shade -do the back in the early morning and front in the afternoon , so far no sign of them and the sun is round the back by 11 ?.
I’m planning a little trip now to my dear friend in Brighton and can stay overnight I think, but will check with the website. I think I heard correctly , maybe even a swim in the sea !

Grandmabatty Wed 24-Jun-20 09:25:39

Good morning to you all from a sunny and warm Polmont! Isn't it amazing how a blink of sun lifts your mood? I'm off for a doorstep chat with my very elderly mum this morning then babysitting my grandson for a couple of hours again this afternoon. My daughter is struggling to work from home and watch him at the same time. I look forward to seeing them so I don't mind helping out. I had a bit of a long lie this morning as I don't sleep well and last night I was awake often. Marydoll, my son got me an amazon echo at Christmas and I haven't set it up yet, to my shame. I'm off for my second coffee of the day so have a lovely day everyone xx

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 09:24:06

Good morning all from sunny N Bucks where it promises to be hot again. My Dyson fan has been going all night and I’ve been glad of it.
Skimming through your posts I am envious of how many of you seem to have easy access to a beach. Here in N Bucks I think I am about as far from the sea as possible - in any direction sad As I child I was brought up in a house overlooking a river, as a student at St Andrews we were by the sea and spent many happy hours on the North Sands and when we lived in London, especially Greenwich and Richmond, we had the Thames. I realise I do miss being near water. Ah well.
I am glad Marydoll and Dragonfly are home safely and wish them and you all a pleasant day.

Froglady Wed 24-Jun-20 09:11:38

Good Morning all from a very sunny Blackburn in Lancashire. I have got my chair and book ready for a prolonged sitting out and reading session.
I also intend to plant up some herb seeds and wallflower and night scented stock seeds as well. This all depends on how bad my back is today - a little bit of work and then a rest and then a bit more work and I'll see how it goes.
Hope everybody has a lovely day today.

BladeAnnie Wed 24-Jun-20 09:08:54

Good morning all from a sunny - and already hot - mid-Notts. Mr BA has a virtual meeting going on most of the day so I'll have to keep myself quiet!! Ah well I've got knitting, sewing and a good book on the go - well sorted. Stay safe everyone and may Wednesday be kind to us all x

kittylester Wed 24-Jun-20 09:07:21

Morning all from a warm and sunny North Leicestershire where I will spend the morning in the lounge doing a zoom course.

DD3 and co came and had lunch in the garden. It was lovely to see them. Wolfie insisted on sitting on my knee and then DH's. It was lovely!

Have a good day all!

Anniebach Wed 24-Jun-20 08:58:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gingster Wed 24-Jun-20 08:57:47

Morning all. Beautiful day here on the Suffolk coast with, thankfully, a slight breeze.

So glad alls well with you Urmstongran. We were all concerned.?

Pleased Marydoll has had her treatment and is recovering at home. ?

Had a lovely day yesterday. We ventured out and visited a beach way down the coast from us, just for a change. There is a very well known fish and chip cafe there and is always popular. Well I’ve never seen the car park so full and the queue for F and C was so long, we didn’t bother and just got an ice cream from the kiosk. We hadn’t really gone for F and C , just for a walk along by the marshes which has lots of bird life. Not many people along there so it was delightful to wander along.

Had a couple of friends In for a cold drink in the afternoon and we were discussing some metal objects that have appeared In the seabed at very low tide. Very dangerous for swimmers as you can’t see them at all when the tide is in. We had all reported them and taken photos but nothing had been done. DH sent another e mail yesterday with pics and lo and behold two men wandered along the beach with cones and a sign warning of dangerous object. Hopefully they will be removed ASAP.

GD3’s 11th birthday today. She made her own cake. Pic to follow ?

Have a lovely summers day everyone ?

jacq10 Wed 24-Jun-20 08:49:07

Morning Mick from the Highlands. Not really expecting a heatwave up here but the sun is beginning to peep out. Good to have Marydoll back with us. My cousin's daughter had the same procedure a few years ago now and it improved her life so much. It was fairly new back then and I think the fact she works in a surgery may have helped her to access it although she really had been poorly for many years. She became a Gran 4 weeks ago and has only seen the baby through patio doors. I think we are all looking forward to lockdown easing but with some trepidation. It's great to hear Urmstonston's posts giving us an idea of how Spain is coping with getting back to "normal".