Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry and Meghan’s visit to bakery/cafe

(38 Posts)
Bluebellwould Thu 25-Jun-20 09:54:57

This is not a slag off Harry and Meghan post just an observation on the photo of them with the other volunteers. Did anyone else note that their aprons were the only ones with a logo on it? Whether they knew about it or not it seems that they are in a position of being exploited.

maddyone Thu 25-Jun-20 13:43:44

Yes Annie amazing isn’t it?

Anniebach Thu 25-Jun-20 13:52:29

maddy I could be wrong but I think someone is notifying
the media ?

Oldwoman70 Thu 25-Jun-20 14:27:06

The charity would have wanted the publicity - it seems anything they say or do is criticised.

As for the "Lady" Campbell book - she has no contact with the RF so anything she writes is hearsay and gossip. She was married to Lord Colin Campbell in 1974, was married for less than a year but continues to use the title to gain publicity. Not someone I would rely on for accurate information

rosecarmel Thu 25-Jun-20 14:42:30

Anniebach

We financially support them to support American charities

Charity is charity- Terrible thing .. Tsk, tsk ..

rosecarmel Thu 25-Jun-20 14:45:15

Anniebach

maddy I could be wrong but I think someone is notifying
the media ?

Yes, because just anyone could walk into the kitchen of any establishment in the US and start snapping pictures ..

Oi ..

Callistemon Thu 25-Jun-20 15:14:57

it's a charity to help rehabilitate disadvantaged people and give them some purpose in life

Meghan apparently first heard of this when she was at school and has obviously not forgotten it.
If they were wearing the logo, then that is good and brings the charity to the notice of more people.

Much of the charity money and help I donate goes overseas. Should I confine it to this country because the taxpayer is paying my pension?

Goodness knows, Meghan and Harry have disappointed me by going to LA but I think what they have done in this instance is a good thing.

Urmstongran Thu 25-Jun-20 16:10:17

They are an irrelevance now as far as I’m concerned. Royal Family to USA showbiz hype. Didn’t she say (whilst living in Canada) she’d never move to the USA as long as Trump was President? Flake.

phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 17:27:55

Who?

Anniebach Thu 25-Jun-20 17:38:58

Megan Markle and the chap she married

welbeck Thu 25-Jun-20 17:43:58

would that be the school that her father paid for her to go to, the father that she now regards as a deadbeat who never did a thing for her. whom she asked to live with aged 11, when her mother went off to some commune to find herself.
he also paid for her college fees, but she makes out she had to work on campus... shifting sands.
then he had the temerity to need heart surgery instead of attending her wedding..how very thoughtless, and they've never spoken to him since. serves him right. how dare he be ill.
talk about estrangement.
sharper than a serpent's tooth...

maddyone Thu 25-Jun-20 18:07:22

I’m puzzled about anyone who can show absolutely no charity or concern or forgiveness to their own family.

phoenix Thu 25-Jun-20 18:13:23

Anniebach I was being (or attempting to be) ironic!