Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Jun-20 07:04:15

Good Morning Everyone,
A bit late its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
I had to do restart earlier on computer.
Plan to go out to Buckingham and Bicester vice versa and see if the Flea market is on in Buckingham.
A café i use in Buckingham is doing take aways so will get something there .
Take Care
Mick

grannysyb Sat 27-Jun-20 15:57:24

Good afternoon from a windy Teddington, popping in late as we left early this morning to drive to Herts, to collect two nucleus colonies of bees. DH now making sugar syrup to put in the hives when we take them to the allotment. We hope that they have a good temperament , there won't be any honey this year as they will need anything that they forage for themselves.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 27-Jun-20 14:53:40

Good Afternoon all from muggy Harrogate - we have had one downpour, yesterday when we expected a downfall it was just a damp squib. The biscuits I baked this morning, I did remember to put sugar in them, so I think they will be up to standard.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 27-Jun-20 12:11:53

A very late good morning (or afternoon) to everyone from a rather damp South Notts. The rain is very welcome and it is still warm.
Oh dear, I still haven't vacuumed have I? I've little enthusiasm for the housework at the best of times. It was far too hot previously but now I've run out of excuses. I must shift myself. Hope all is well with you all during these peculiar times. Stay safe.

Kalu Sat 27-Jun-20 11:52:21

Good morning all from a greyish day in Glasgow. No rain here at the moment Marydoll and fingers crosses it stays away for Mr. M’s 70th Birthday Bash. Just thinking bash may be in your head today after his antics last night. DH does a similar foot fight completely unaware he is doing it. He is 6’1” and I have threatened to tie his feet together at bedtime!

The horrific stabbings at an Hotel in Glasgow yesterday was a residence for asylum seekers. 4 people dead and a police officer who was also stabbed critically ill in hospital. A tragic outcome for all caught up in whatever caused this.

The cat always acts in a certain manner which means she has brought a friend home, always at bedtime. I found her catch when I separated the curtain lining from the curtain and a vole fell out. I quickly caught it and plodded down to the bottom of the garden in my goonie to release it. She never kills anything thankfully.

I must attack the ironing mountain today so I will play some of my favourite music to help get through the drudgery of a task I loathe, mainly because my back starts to play up and the painful aching sets in but needs must at the moment.

Thinking of the sadness you and your family are going through just now EllanV and I sincerely hope it is not too long until you are all back together.

Hello BlueSapphire if you are with us today.

Have a pleasant day all and warm wishes to those who are struggling.

Grammaretto Sat 27-Jun-20 10:45:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it has rained all night and when I went out to sit I got a very wet B**

Poor DH Marydoll ! maybe it was the excitement of the big birthday. Tell him from me it's not so bad that big 70. I moved mine to a beautiful June day when everyone could come but we don't have a photo of it. Such a pity. We have one of all the DGC together which is lovely.
Your photo is fab Maw

The crowds at the beach and despoiling of every beauty spot in the land is very sad and depressing. Seems there will be more of the covid-19 as in America.

Here in Scotland we are still in Lockdown and I keep chuckling at the cartoon in Private Eye " I'm going inessential shopping, is there anything we don't need?"

I am going to make a facemask for my MiL today because she wants one. I hope to see her tomorrow so had better get a move on.

Froglady Sat 27-Jun-20 10:34:37

Just trying to get my garden storage box sorted out and put on Freecycle the things I no longer need or want and hope that they can find a new home to go to. It's been drizzling in Blackburn but still quite warm.

Grandmabatty Sat 27-Jun-20 10:20:50

Good morning all, I'm a bit later today because I've been shopping already and back home now. It was nicer weather earlier but is raining at the moment. I have family arriving later for a garden takeaway! My son's idea as he is wfh and lives alone so is missing contact. We are a close family so have been missing our get togethers. My mum was going to come too but has pulled out at the last minute and my son is so disappointed as he hasn't seen his grandma since Christmas. If the rain keeps up, I have a summer house so we can spread out a bit. I'll have to get moving though and get hoovering. Just in case someone needs to use the toilet! Happy birthday to Mr. Marydoll and I hope everyone has a good Saturday

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jun-20 10:18:47

Grandmafrench, yes it's a female dominated household and the child has a dominant female sibling, so there'd have been competition going on between the two as there is with sisters.

The only male who's present within the family is my AGson who just gets on with everybody and the GGSons really look up to him while living with my D.

She's a lovable child and loves her hugs but doesn't appear to have any concept of life or where she fits in ? It's hard to describe but I have a slight inkling of what makes her tick, or doesn't as the case maybe. She has no fear as such, doesn't think first if you know what I mean. Short term memory is non-existent so that affects her learning/schoolwork.

She'd been attending a " special " school but it sounds as though it's full of tearaways and as a consequence she's picking up from them---bad language and tantrums, so it's not the right environment for her at all but mainstream can't deal with meltdowns if she displayed any. What are you supposed to do ?

It's a complex case but with the right care I'm sure she'd respond. I've noticed she doesn't do much crying ? Like last week when the family left after their lovely day with her. Instead, she had been full of anger after they'd gone rather than the tears which you'd have from the normal child. Then she stayed in her room until next day.

It's almost like a child attachment disorder but there's no basis for this. She's one of those children who would have been happier without siblings or rivalry. She's been very difficult growing up, destroying toys belonging to the other children. My GD had a tough time with her, without the help she'd tried to seek in the past and none forthcoming. Nobody was listening !

Lins1066 Sat 27-Jun-20 10:09:00

Good Morning Mick and all. Overnight rain here on the S Welsh coast but the sun is out now, hope it lasts. We had a delivery of logs this morning, all in bags so easy for DH to manoeuvre. A very Happy Birthday to*Mr Marydoll*, it is my DH's next year. Birthday Wishes to gillgran's son ?
Lovely joyous photo Maw.
I freeze muffins and crumpets EV, sometimes I just wrap them individually in cling film.
Hope your little dog is better soon GrandmaFrench, is he a spaniel by any chance? Hope he is better soon.
Stay safe everyone.

gillybob Sat 27-Jun-20 09:57:58

A late Good morning from a cool, damp and grey NE coast. We had quite a bit rain overnight and some spectacular lightning flashing over the North Sea .

It must’ve been the night for restless sleep Marydoll as my DH had another very restless night too. He’s usually up and down 10 or more times a night anyway but last night was worse than ever.
I hope your DH has a wonderful 70th Birthday (under these strange lockdown circumstances) . We have had several family birthdays over the last few months and it’s been so hard seeing loved ones but not being able to give them a hug . I hope you don’t end up doing too much (finger wagging ) smile

A bit of a catching up on housework day today and probably the small shop that I didn’t get done yesterday .

Thinking of all those feeling sad, poorly or under the weather, especially BlueSapphire and CrazyH worried sick about her little grandson . Thinking too about EllanVannin’s DGD away from her family right now. I hope she is getting all the help she needs . Her family have been through so much lately, poor lamb.

Lovely family photo MawB . It’s rare to be able to capture a moment where everyone is together and looking at the camera too. Such happy memories for you . smile

I agree with you about people spoiling the countryside or the beach by leaving their litter behind GrandmaFrench , it’s so unfair and spoils it for everyone . I have to say our parks and beaches have been left in pretty good condition compared with some I have seen in the news .

Enjoy your sleepover Bellasnana smile

Hope everyone has as good a Saturday as possible .
Love Gillybob xx

dragonfly46 Sat 27-Jun-20 09:50:07

Wonderful photo Maw

gillgran Sat 27-Jun-20 09:41:49

Good Morning to you all from damp, overcast Cambs.,

Happy Birthday to MrMarydoll.
It's my DS's birthday today, so hoping to see him later.

MawB, that's a special photo indeed.

EllanVannin, I, too have followed your family's problems, especially your GGD's, as I have a GD of a similar age who is "special", but we are lucky not to have had such misfortune as yours.

flowers, to all who need them.

Take Care Folks.

Nortsat Sat 27-Jun-20 09:23:23

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a lovely cool, if grey east London. Glad all is well Mick and that it was your IT playing up.

Lovely to see your very happy photo, MawB. Happy birthday to Mr Marydoll.
Thank you for all your good wishes yesterday, you lovely women, following my episode with the paramedics. Your thoughtfulness was very much appreciated.

When the paramedics came to our house on Thursday, our cats had all been sprawled on the rugs, trying to keep cool. They didn’t half skidaddle when two large, burly paramedics walked into the living room...

On line grocery shop today for me and hoovering for my partner. We’ll find a film to watch on Amazon Prime this evening.

Wishing everyone a good day and special good wishes to those who need them. Hello to Bluesapphire if she’s reading... ??

Grandmafrench Sat 27-Jun-20 09:20:48

Good Morning everyone ! Know exactly how you felt, Mick. It’s very stressy when you’re watching the clock and know that others are too. Technology! Only brilliant when it works.

It’s the usual hot, blue, sunny scene here in the S of ?? today. I am off to the Vet shortly with small brown dog. He’s still not totally reliable at keeping food down, so will need to stock up on more of his doggie equivalent of Milk of Magnesia. He needs 4 syringe-fulls x twice a day. Just as well, in this case, that he’ll eat anything - which got him into trouble in the first place, of course!

Ellan I don’t forget because I am genuinely interested and can imagine the worry. Just a random thought....is your close family female-dominated? I know she lost her Daddy in tragic circumstances but does she come into contact with lots of adult males on a regular basis? Brilliant that you are getting this help - and organised quickly. Treatment for mental health problems is still so underfunded and there’s a shortage of health professionals as more and more need help. Same in this country. Let’s hope she gets as long as she needs and “they” get to the bottom of it all. Don’t wear out your carpets with the new cleaner....think of the cats’ nerves. I had two cats that I could vacuum clean! Seriously - but with an attachment, of course. ?

Clearly it was the Marydoll Battle of the Bedroom which ruined my sleep last night. I just couldn’t settle and for some reason my pillow had been filled with rocks and my hay fever made my chest tight and my insect bites drove me mad and on and on. So today I resolve to get on and not be grumpy, on account of how much worse everything could be. Stop moaning, I say !

How lovely to hear of the family get togethers and glimpses of little ones for so many of you. I’m longing for August when we should hopefully see some of our own family. So appalled at the scenes on some British beaches that I wonder if the world has truly gone mad. And there I was thinking that people only tend to litter beauty spots in the wonderful countryside. What sort of brain can’t compute, having arrived with all your assorted items at a clean patch of sand on a lovely beach which you don’t own, that when you leave you leave just the same clean patch of sand that was there before you! Duh! Are any of these lost souls equipped to live in a decent society?

So off and into the day. DH already watering plants and I need to get a move on - but slowly, if you see what I mean, in the heat ?.

Have yourselves a good day, all, and keep safe but keep cheerful. ?. Plenty of hugs from across the Channel. ???

Greyduster Sat 27-Jun-20 09:15:57

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Slept in so a late one from me. The thunder storm that was heralded yesterday was a bit of a damp squib, followed by a short sharp rainstorm. Then the sun came out. Again. It’s raining steadily this morning. A quiet day with nothing planned except DH has to find somewhere to key cut. I crashed into the conservatory door handle yesterday and bent the key! I seem to be crashing into things a lot just lately! Yes, I know; take more water with it! Have a good day folks.

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jun-20 09:05:29

Urmston I never thought about freezing them---silly me ( rolls eyes )

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jun-20 09:04:31

Lovely pic. MawB. That's what you call a family photograph---it's a delight.

Urmstongran Sat 27-Jun-20 09:01:14

Get extra EV and freeze them!

Urmstongran Sat 27-Jun-20 08:59:41

X posts Marydoll ?

Urmstongran Sat 27-Jun-20 08:59:16

Lovely family photo Maw. Very poignant. One to treasure. x

Marydoll Sat 27-Jun-20 08:58:50

It is indeed a lovely photo, Maw. One to treasure.

EllanVannin Sat 27-Jun-20 08:57:12

Good Morning All x
Much cooler so it calls for a light jumper. Cloudy skies so not the nicest of days to come. Sleeping is easier though.

Well the sirens of the other night are solved. Reading the local news there'd been hundreds on the prom and fights galore in the early hours. They must have looked like wild animals escaped from the zoo. Police don't need this sort of behaviour.

Sadly, there was more high-jinks in Liverpool again last night with the Liver building nearly set alight ! They spoil themselves ; anyway the change in the weather will put paid to all that nonsense.

I might even hoover in the corners today grin such as moving things instead of going around them. Then decide what's on the menu today, other than that there's not a lot else on the agenda.

Before anything else I'll have to hunt down some more crumpets it seems that someone is beating me to it grin you'd think the shop would order more.

Hoping everyone has a good day remaining well and safe xx

Pantglas2 Sat 27-Jun-20 08:56:55

What a lovely photo MawB! Everyone happy and looking directly at the camera (unheard of in my family!)

Anniebach Sat 27-Jun-20 08:54:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Sat 27-Jun-20 08:53:28

Maw,what a special and joyous picture?