Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 28-Jun-20 06:10:44

Good Morning Everyone ,
Another bright and sunny start with cloud here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, went well a small flea market in Buckingham , i did get into Bicester using X5 both ways again numbers low.
Doing a walkabout Buckingham , it looks like many shops which are closed now, will being doing there social distancing measures as to customers .
Heard that the shopping centre at MK is under threat of closure .
Anyway , got home had Chinese Take away as usual , but retired early being out in the fresh air for along period must have done it.
Take Care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Sun 28-Jun-20 15:57:13

How worrying for you Oopsadaisy
I think the postal results come back within 48 hours.
My friend's son had his done at a testing place and the results were back in 4 hours - negative.

How wonderful for your family MaryDoll a perfect medicine!!
Shame about the rain but in a way it was better and much more real for wee GD. xx

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 28-Jun-20 15:26:11

Thanks * kalu* not sure how long it takes for the tests to get here, I’ll probably be better by the time it does ( fingers crossed)

Kalu Sun 28-Jun-20 13:59:12

What a terrible time you are having you poor thing*Oopsadaisy*. Hope you symptoms begin to ease off soon and of course your test result will be negative?

Georgesgran Sun 28-Jun-20 12:58:10

Good afternoon from a wild and windy Durham - managed to retrieve my washing (left out overnight, as it was torrential rain when I went to bed) from neighbour’s garden, 3 houses away.
My DD2 used to work at an INTU Centre, so I’m really pleased she packed retail in and moved into banking a couple of years ago. That’s both Eldon Square and MetroCentre near us in jeopardy. I love a browse around when the weather’s poor - just window shopping and a stop at Costa for coffee.

Not a lot planned today - glass of fizz with a friend later. She’s moving after a second divorce and trying to downsize 37 years in the same house into boxes and a skip!

Hope everyone stays safe today. X

Froglady Sun 28-Jun-20 12:00:53

Wet and windy here in Blackburn just as it was yesterday. Not the sort of weather to venture out in.

Legs55 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:58:58

Good morning from sunny??? Devon, mix of sunshine, cloud & very windy but it's fine.

Planning a relaxed Sunday after a very busy day yesterday. 1st meeting of Friends of Newton Abbot Station, spent the afternoon planting up the existing planters which were in a sorry state. Very enjoyable, I hope we can improve the look of the Station for the benefit of Staff & Passengers

Busy week ahead, although I'm avoiding Tourist areas I am managing to get out more, masks at the ready, hand sanitizer & wipes.

Have a good day allsmile

Jul8 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:56:46

Good morning everyone from Milton Keynes.
Sunny and a bit breezy.
Going for a walk in the woods with my daughter.
Centre MK is open so will be popping up there at some point.
Only the Intu part may be shut down.
Saw 3 of my grandchildren yesterday which was so lovely.
Hope everyone has a great day.

CaroleAnne Sun 28-Jun-20 11:54:54

What a lovely post NanKate.
We too have been married for 51years and known each other for about 56 years. Yes how the years go by. Far too quickly and as you say it would be good for them to go less quickly. Your trip out and dinner tonight sounds exciting. Hope you can celebrate many years to come.wineflowers

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:13:42

Good morning everyone from a blustery and showery Oxfordshire, I’ve had a rough week with symptoms ranging from aching limbs, runny nose, cough(asthma inhalers sorted it though) and have now spent all night in the loo with D and S. plus a headache all week that I can’t shift.
so DH has just ordered 2 Covid test kits. In normal times I would just shrug and say that I’ve picked up a bug, but as we haven’t been anywhere apart from the Chemist and some click and collect shopping it’s a bit odd. Anyway , I should know one way or the other in the next few days, meanwhile more paracetamol and rest for my achy arms and legs.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:58:34

Good Morning all from showery Harrogate - or wait it might be brightening up!! Had a soggy wet walk with the dog yesterday, could be the same today! Then sewing more laundry bags!

NemosMum Sun 28-Jun-20 10:42:05

The sun has just come out in Newcastle upon Tyne. The garden is thankful for the rain yesterday and my window boxes are really coming into their own. Yesterday we had a wonderful street concert by a string quartet & a singer from Northern Sinfonia (one of them lives at the bottom of the street). The programme was Bach, Telemann, Schubert, Britten and Sondheim! They're going to do it again at noon next Saturday and put a hat out for St. Oswald's Hospice. Something to look forward to! I've also booked tickets for this afternoon to see the gardens at Whalton Manor near Morpeth. All the family is going, although I am in a bubble with daughter No.1 and grandson, I will have to keep the distance from the rest. Nevertheless, it will be lovely to see everyone!

EllanVannin Sun 28-Jun-20 10:36:52

Good Morning All x
Not the nicest of days weather-wise, cool, breezy and the threat of rain. Not that it matters as there's no washing to speak of and I won't be moving anywhere. Peculiar weather though.

A rather thick Welsh pork chop for dinner today, it's like a small roast so I'll do just that---roast it, with roast pots. and froz. sprouts. Apple pie for afters. That'll go down nicely grin

It's coming up to 4 months since I entered a supermarket, can't believe it being that I was a regular visitor to Asda, but nonetheless I've still managed---even without the mooching.
Did I need everything I used to buy ? Probably not.

Expect a visit in the morning from D after she's dropped the children off at school, to keep me updated on present situations with one thing and another.

It's my Catherine Cookson day with 3hrs of her Gambling Man later on. Although I've seen it before I still enjoy her stories/films as they're easy to follow and keep my memory ticking over of them.

Good to hear that everyone's relatively chirpy in their corners of the world. It lifts the spirits to know that everybody's coping well in such odd times. Keep it up and stay safe xx

hollysteers Sun 28-Jun-20 10:36:33

Good morning from a windy west coast. Son has gone home after fruitlessly waiting for two days for arrival of freezer, but has fixed up my bicycle, not cycling today! and lots of little jobs I’m very grateful for. I’m feeling cheerier but still fed up with the COVID-19 situation and plans gone awry.
Excitingly, I have cleared all the junk from the top of the wardrobe, will dust and try not to put anything back?The cat has taken the huff and is not sleeping in my bedroom but keeping guard in the hall.
I have started reading bitchy Lady Colin Campbell’s book on Harry and Meghan, guilty pleasure and a load of tosh, but revealing about their characters. The author is no fool. Started watching the Inspector Alleyn mysteries on tv as have a crush on the (younger) Patrick Malahide?
Have a nice day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:25:12

Good morning Mick and all x

Lots of clouds, windy nut the sun is trying to break through here in S E Essex.

Marydoll it sounds like your DH had a fun filled birthday.

Love the sound of the owl room Gillybob ?

I am having a slow start to the day after the third night in a row of broken sleep. GrandpaGravy is on breakfast duty. Then I will make some burgers this evening, with home made chips, coleslaw and salad.

I have to edit my Waitrose delivery, might start a new book on my kindle other than that no plans.

DD popped round with GSs yesterday, so lovely to see them, the baby is so used to smiling and seeing people on FaceTime it's his normal.

Have a peaceful Sunday,

Keep safe and well folks?

Grandmafrench Sun 28-Jun-20 10:22:36

Good Morning everyone. Hot, blue and calm here in the South ??.

So thrilled for you GrandMattie At last something wonderful is arriving at your door. Enjoy your time together.? A friend’s Daughter is working in India.....finding it absolutely impossible to fly back to France. Everyone is worried.

My idea of a pretty perfect day, Mellow - enjoy your peace and a catch up with fellow gardeners. Greyduster horseflies are the pits. I’m still being bothered by the odd bad bite reaction. This morning first thing one on my ankle was treated to an ice pack. Works like a charm. 10 minutes and all the heat and irritation goes. Enjoy your windy walk!

Marydoll what a party......no wonder you had tears. Hope you’re ‘resting today’ - excuse the bad language ! grin

My dearest wish for later today is that I’m able - with no bad effects - to give a tiny meal of rice and chicken to my little pooch, Ludo, who has eaten nothing since Thursday morning due to vomiting. He’s so sad and just lies on his bed and looks at us. Of course he ate something unspeakable and is the author of his own misfortune but because he’s a chap with little brain, wouldn’t know that. Fingers crossed that all the torment will soon be over.

Have wet or dry, sunny or windy but a mainly happy day, everyone. Do whatever you can that brings a smile - but please keep SAFE. ??? Hugs x

gillybob Sun 28-Jun-20 10:21:33

www.gransnet.com/forums/grandparenting/1279768-Any-God-will-do-my-precious-grandson

gillybob Sun 28-Jun-20 10:19:37

No Urms but CrazyH does have a thread dedicated to her poorly grandson where she asks everyone to think about him and/or pray for him .

Urmstongran Sun 28-Jun-20 10:17:27

?

MellowYellow Sun 28-Jun-20 10:14:25

Urmstongran thank you!

Kalu Sun 28-Jun-20 10:11:26

Good morning everyone from a wet and windy Glasgow. I have noticed a group of well staked tall white Canterbury bells have blown over so I will brace myself to go out and re stake them.

Good to hear DH had a lovely family get together for his birthday Marydoll.An emotional day for you both now that we can meet up with our families again. Pleased your surprise card arrived?. Well done Puzzler

No idea what to get up to today but it feels like a day to watch a good film, some reading and filling in some parts of the jigsaw we have on the go now that housework is done.

Looking forward to hearing what surprise your DD has in store for you Bellasnana

Hello if you are reading all our news BlueSapphire

Have a pleasant Sunday all and warm wishes to those with worries and struggles.

Urmstongran Sun 28-Jun-20 10:11:14

Does crazyH post on here?
I too have been thinking about her worry over her grandson.

Makes one wonder about these huge Meccas to the retail god going forward. Will our habits ever get back to those shopping fests? Strange to think how many people have been decluttering during lockdown. Will they now want to go out and buy more stuff and start over again? Hmm.

gillybob Sun 28-Jun-20 10:03:48

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a cloudy, dull and cool start to Sunday . Look like another day like yesterday where we had some pretty heavy rain and a few dry spells.

A busy day yesterday pulling out and stripping the bed in “The Owl room” (the name the children have given their room at mine). It has a huge colourful mural on one wall with owls and birds sitting in a large tree. The bedding is cartoon owls and there is a large owl rug too. Lovely for a toddlers room (which is how it started) but the older grandchildren have forbidden me to remove it or “it wouldn’t be the owl room anymore grandma” anyway little Evie Button loves it too.

Did a little bit shopping and then met DD and little Miss for a walk in the rain .

Nothing much planned for today . We have some fresh Sea Bream for dinner . Might go mad and make DH some home made chips to go with it . His favourite .

So pleased you And your DH had some lovely family visits Marydoll and glad Mr had a good birthday .

I watched “on Chesil Beach” a couple of weeks back Harri . I found it quite sad .

The huge shopping centre where my DD works is one of those effected too mancgirl and 12Michael They are all owned/managed by the Intu group who are apparently over £4.5 Billion in debt .... I honestly don’t think this could be caused by the lockdown alone as they have still been getting most of their rent . Bad management, bad financing and greed comes to mind . Apparently they were seeking a cool Billion £ lifeline way back in January . Hoping that a rescue package can be found as there are thousands of jobs at stake .

Thinking of those feeling sad, poorly or upset especially BlueSapphire . Wishing CrazyH could get some positive news about her little grandson. The waiting much be agony .

Have as good a Sunday as possible everyone .
Love Gillybob x

Urmstongran Sun 28-Jun-20 09:49:50

You put a star sign * at the beginning and end of the person’s name MellowYellow
?

MellowYellow Sun 28-Jun-20 09:46:51

(I'm new to this. How do I copy a user name in bold print, as most of you do? When I copy and paste it doesn't come out bold. Thanks.)

Susan56 Sun 28-Jun-20 09:39:59

Good morning from Shropshire where it is still raining!

DH started clearing the garage yesterday as there is nothing left to sort in the house.We will carry on sorting today.A trip to the tip will definitely be on the cards this week.

Sounds like a perfect day yesterday Marydoll?

So pleased you will be able to speak to your sister on Skype harri.

Have a good day all and thinking of Cherry,crazyH and Bluesapphire?