Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Jun-20 06:08:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Plans for the day , will take a bus strip to Buckingham all be it for just over the hour , hopefully a takeaway coffee .
Had a call from my surgery yesterday, to check if I was OK , mentioned about bi annual diabetes check, seems wait until we return to normal.
Apart from strange dreams in the night again.
Take Care
Mick
apart

Greyduster Tue 30-Jun-20 08:34:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. No sun in South Yorkshire today but the wind has dropped considerably. As it looks like being the only dry day of the week, we will go for a drive somewhere.
Enjoy your picnic, Mumofmadboys! Love Reeth; wish I could join you - very pretty up there.
Have a good day folks.

dragonfly46 Tue 30-Jun-20 08:38:32

Good morning - very chilly here in Leicestershire.

Will go for usual morning walk wrapped up well.

I was spraying the scent bottle around this morning to see if I could still smell. I spent last Monday and Tuesday at the hospital in Leicester so was a little concerned but all seems well!

For those in the son and those seeing DC and DGC enjoy.

Marydoll sending you a little Oomph - hope it reaches you!

dragonfly46 Tue 30-Jun-20 08:38:46

Sorry sun!

Nortsat Tue 30-Jun-20 08:54:34

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.
So pleased to hear that the Christmas dinner was a success Grandmattie.
Puzzler your standards are slipping if your pusscat wants an early breakfast and you don’t provide it immediately.
Marydoll I will check my cupboards for your lost ‘oomph’ and send it straight home, if I find it.

All is fine here but the days seem to meld into one another. Bit tired of shielding and occupying myself with cooking, housework, the garden and reading ...
It would be lovely to have a trip out to a NT property and some nice lunch ... (it doesn’t seem a lot to ask ...)

I plan a stir fry for supper with left over roast pork.

I bought some new bath towels in the John Lewis sale. Now I need to find a greetings card for a colleague of my partner, who has some challenging health tests coming up.
I need to be grateful that we’re not in that situation.

Have a good day all, ?to those who need them and good morning to Bluesapphire.

Grandmabatty Tue 30-Jun-20 09:00:36

Good morning Mick and everyone. I, too, am waiting to hear about my annual diabetic check. A friend has rechristened me as not diabetic but diabastrous. Probably right! It's windy and cloudy here in Polmont but that's an improvement on yesterday's weather which was horrible all day. I look after my grandson on Mondays and Tuesdays and am gradually increasing the hours back up til he is used to it again. I'm not sure that I'm used to it! He's dropped his afternoon nap and by three o'clock he's hard work! We have half an hour tv then and he loves watching an Australian programme called Bluey. I do too! Like Marydoll, I'm awaiting the fishman- not lady in my part of the country - but I don't have to look for him as he stops in my street. So fresh fish today. I've slept better the last couple of nights and that's impacted upon my mood and energy levels. I've already done some washings and tidied up. See the halo ? I hope everyone has a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 30-Jun-20 09:01:14

Good morning Mick and all x

Grey here in S E Essex, the breeze is gentle.

scentia I shall investigate Trotters after breakfast.

Marydoll your oomph is having a rest, it will return when you least expect it!!!

Urmstongran enjoy your WWW

Grandmattie pleased your Christmas Dinner was a success, now you can relax and enjoy time with your sons.

I have no plans for today, I am waiting for a parcel (I put a watch in for service just days before lockdown, and it is being returned)

I really am getting to the point that I feel uncomfortable when I go outside, I must wobble my head as GrandpaGravy has made a booking for dinner on Saturday evening (local gastro pub, owned by friends who I went to school with) along with a booking for Sunday lunch at our local Portuguese restaurant. I am both excited at the prospect of not cooking but terrified and nervous at the same time.

Keep safe and well folks?

Anniebach Tue 30-Jun-20 09:02:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmafrench Tue 30-Jun-20 09:13:31

Good morning everyone from the start to another perfect day of weather in this little corner of paradise ???

Standing in the garden earlier and braving the daring swoops of the Swallows, I had a little panic. One of my cats, always here, always comes to call, missing last night. No sign this morning. She never strays. Sat and had tea then went back to bed to open my iPad. Very faint cat voice - I had already checked garage. Went in again and DH and I called her. Nothing. Then she stormed into the garage from a (mostly) hidden service duct (big enough for crawling plumber) that goes completely under the whole house - for all pipe work etc. She had got herself locked in the garage overnight and was possibly too far under the house to hear me calling her at 1 a.m. ? Relief and happy ending.

After ageing 10 years......!........I shall restart my day. Friends coming for garden fun this evening, so little trip out to the deafening countryside today (deafening because of the cigales/cicadas chirping at full volume in the heat.) There, at a lovely Winery, we’ll buy some local delicious wine for almost nothing. Well, compared to prices in England I recall from my last visit ?. It’ll be wonderful to celebrate our reunion after 5 months apart and so looking forward to hearing their news.

Can’t have wine without food here, so some little Tapas type dishes, I think, and I’ll make some tortillas so we can make our own fajitas at the table. They (our friends) are both about the same width as zip fasteners! ? We don’t know how they do it, but perhaps because of that, they are often cold. Last night it was 31 degrees in the garden at 9 o clock.. but we’ve been with them when they’ve put on gilets outside at night in those temperatures...?, so we shall see what happens tonight.

Sending all good wishes, especially if you’re feeling a bit down. So pleased your back is so much better, Brunette and trust you’re going to be a good girl in the future grin. So happy and only a tiny bit envy of those of you seeing family. Enjoy your happy times. Excited that you’re now clearing space for the next phase of your life, Sar. Pleased that it’s not always just work for you Scentia - even though you enjoy it. Down time with the little ones is always special.

Hope you’re ok, Ellan ? And Marydoll - as your pupils at norty skool might say...........Payshunz, Miss. It’ll all come right, you’ll see.

Carpe Diem, Good Morningers, and hugs from France. x

Urmstongran Tue 30-Jun-20 09:14:54

Honestly GG13 I bet you’ll thoroughly enjoy this weekend, being out, having a laugh, being cooked for. My lovely neighbour was super anxious last Tuesday but it’s done her the world of good and, as she said this morning (we chat on the landing in our nightshirts!) ‘it’s given me my confidence back’. Wonderful!
?

Urmstongran Tue 30-Jun-20 09:20:16

I love your cheery posts Grandmafrench! You are always so upbeat. Gabriella used to be the same on this thread in days gone by. You are a breath of French fresh air madame.
?

Grandmafrench Tue 30-Jun-20 09:23:42

Just stop posting at me when I’m posting at you, Urms.
I was just going to say that you always refer to your ‘lovely’ neighbour. Have you thought, given all your care for her, how she must refer to you?

BladeAnnie Tue 30-Jun-20 09:26:58

Good morning all from a grey but considerably less windy mid-Notts. I haven't ventured outside yet but things are looking rather chilly. I'm sure his Lordship the cat will let me know his feelings when I open the terrace/catio door for him!! Grandmafrench, I remember him going missing years ago (he's a senior of about 19 now). He was always a bit of a man about town but you could set your watch on him returning for meals (bringing the odd rabbit or pigeon with him) so one day when he didn't return I was beside myself. About 11pm there was desperate meowing at the door and in flew my starving ginger boy!! I never knew where he had been but probably being nosy and got shut in somewhere!! A day of bitting and bobbing for me today. Stay safe everyone and may Tuesday be kind to us all x

Grandmafrench Tue 30-Jun-20 09:35:28

BladeAnnie you’re so funny. That’s just how we see our 15 year old boy cat. We assumed he used to go Clubbing a lot in his youth and he had a lot of mates. But, being France, lots of them weren’t neutered and he gave us lots of scares when he was attacked. Still, he’s retired now, not interested in staying out at night or Dad dancing, so we’re very relieved. Rabbit or Pigeon? Not really, but he did once carry in an earthworm! ? Such a brave little chap!

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 30-Jun-20 09:37:52

Good morning everyone from a wet and miserable day in Oxfordshire, shopping has just been delivered, so it’s on the floor in clean bagels and fridge stuff also repacked in the fridge until tomorrow.
Did our Covid tests yesterday, it will be interesting to see the results, we had so many varied possible symptoms ( and still do) but nothing definitive, our DD also did a test because she has been quite poorly and has been doing our shopping for us.
Anyway, we will find out later in the week, meanwhile more days indoors.
Have a good day everyone, stay safe and don’t forget to wash those hands.

grandMattie Tue 30-Jun-20 09:44:19

Here is the happy family eating it's dinner and roaring with laughter, trying to solve the cracker joke!

Gelisajams Tue 30-Jun-20 09:48:14

Good morning from a drier calmer Morecambe Bay From where we have just returned from our walk. Bit of exercise shortly then maybe a venture into Morecambe to get a photo for Mr G’s bus pass. He asked does he need to wear a mask for the photo as that’s what he will look like getting on the bus!
Take care, stay safe everyone ?

Kalu Tue 30-Jun-20 09:54:57

Good morning all from a grey day in Glasgow where at least the wind has dropped and the drizzle that hung about all day yesterday has stopped.

It’s such a rotten feeling when your oomph gets up and goes Marydoll but remember what you have been through and listen to your body, it’s telling you to rest so please look after yourself and you will reap the benefits in time. Alternatively, a couple of bottles of IrnBru should give you all the strength you need.?

A trip around the garden soon to restake what has been blown over and tidy up what has been battered beyond repair. Summer? Not here it isn’t. Friends and I are waiting for a decent day to have our coffee get together too. All we need is a dry day!

Some serious housework needs attending to today so I am searching for the mood which tells me housework is enjoyable to help me get started.

Hoping all is ok with you EllanV

Have a pleasant day all and hopefully a better one for you BlueSapphire and our friends who are struggling.

Marydoll Tue 30-Jun-20 09:57:54

Gelisajams, there is a passport photo app you can put on yor phone and print at home, if you have a printer.

I did that recently for my Blue Badge renewal , as I'm shielding. The app trims the photo for you and centres it. The photo was accepted without any problem.

Puzzler61 Tue 30-Jun-20 10:03:58

Great photo grandMattie - have a lazy Boxing Day today ?

annsixty Tue 30-Jun-20 10:05:08

Good morning all from a dull and chilly Stockport.

Although I read every morning I don’t often post, however I am still chuckling at the thought of “Oopsadaisy’s* shopping packed in clean bagels.
You must need hundreds?

Marydoll Tue 30-Jun-20 10:08:28

ann, so lovely to see you posting! ?

Susan56 Tue 30-Jun-20 10:14:39

Good morning from Shropshire where the rain has stopped?

Lovely picture grandMattie.Enjoy the time with your sons.

Our DD is on her way over with the children.Henry has decided nights aren’t for sleeping so she is exhausted.We will take the children out for a walk while she has a rest.

Cherry,hope you are ok.x

Have a good day all and ?for all under the weather or having a wobble.

Froglady Tue 30-Jun-20 10:25:28

Morning from a drizzly Blackburn. Nothing planned today but reading on my Kindle and my library books.

GrannyfromWilmslow Tue 30-Jun-20 10:26:44

I’m in Cheshire too. First visit to Quarry Bank (NT property) since lockdown. Dog very excited - used to come nearly every day.

Mapleleaf Tue 30-Jun-20 10:27:56

Good morning

It's a lot less windy, feels slightly warmer and the grey clouds aren't quite as grey as yesterday here in my part of South Yorkshire. I'm hoping it stays dry long enough for the washing that is in the machine to go out on the line for a blow. I got some out yesterday until it started drizzling so had to finish it off indoors.

Reading through the posts, many of you have had a super time seeing friends, grandchildren and having celebratory meals. It's so lovely to read of these things which bring a little feeling of 'normality' in these very strange times. I suppose it's baby steps for us and I'm hoping that our confidence will return to how it was in pre covid19 days sooner rather than later. I'm so pleased that all went well for you all, and that's a lovely photo of you and your family, grandMattie. ?

Marydoll, I'll look for some 'oomph' and send it to you. ?

Not a lot planned for today. The usual chores, but also must ring round some friends to see how they are.

Take care everyone, and BlueSapphire, special good thoughts to you if you are reading this today. ?.