Gransnet forums

Chat

Well now I ve got a dilemma

(269 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 30-Jun-20 22:37:22

My Victorian house has a fireplace in my bedroom one of those rather lovely old bedroom black lead fireplaces with a trapdoor
Well I m lying in bed hearing a lot of scuffling behind the trapdoor and realise a bird has fallen down the chimney so I pulled the curtains right back and opened the window then opened the trapdoor and there is a largish bird I can’t see its head just it’s legs and a bit of the body but the darned thing is sitting there not coming out I think it may be a rather large young seagull and I m a bit loathe to stick my arm in to get it out but I also can’t sleep with it sitting there
Watch this space

Kim19 Mon 28-Dec-20 15:59:53

Bluebell, wonderful. Thanks for sharing and embellishing with the photos. Very uplifting in every sense. I had chimneys similar to yours but a builder came and covered them over so that this could not happen again. Again....thank you.

Flicker Mon 28-Dec-20 14:53:47

@BlueBelle I am a newbie, just read through this saga and what a wonderful, wonderful story!
I am waiting for the second series where he brings his chicks backmto meet you?

Gransooz Mon 28-Dec-20 14:49:41

I’ve just read through all 11 pages of this thread and how heartwarming it was! Lovely story with a lovely ending. Better than some books I’ve read! Well done Bluebelle. ?

grannyactivist Mon 28-Dec-20 12:51:11

Ah - it's been too long since I've had the time for a proper catch up on GN and it's been a real treat to read this thread. smile

BlueBelle Mon 28-Dec-20 12:41:26

Haha thank you bobdoesit ? I ve only just learned that Stephen made the top 5 popular threads how wonderful I hope he’s enjoying life on the wing with loads of friends and having fun with the rest of his (9) lives
Go Stephen go

Bobdoesit Mon 28-Dec-20 12:30:01

I didn't see this post in August but it certainly made my day on this grey, cold December day. I do hope Stephen is flying free and enjoying his life.

Gramps47 Mon 28-Dec-20 10:21:32

Erm... if you’re short of food they seem to love chips.... ?

MissAdventure Sat 15-Aug-20 22:49:36

smile

How lovely.
You've been a star, bluebelle. Very brave to be in such close contact with Stephen.

Thanks for sharing it all, it's been so interesting.

Susan56 Sat 15-Aug-20 20:01:34

Just read your update Bluebelle.Well done for looking after baby Stephen and helping him stay safe.Fly free Stephen and hope you come back to visit Bluebelle from time to time!

JonesKpj000 Sat 15-Aug-20 19:06:52

I've followed this story from start to finish. Well done Bluebell. You did a grand job.xx

Callistemon Sat 15-Aug-20 16:53:34

It's been one of the best threads on GN ever
(well, as long as I remember).

Thank you Bluebelle
And Stephen Sebastian Seagull, hope you have a wonderful life.

BlueBelle Sat 15-Aug-20 16:47:05

Thank you everyone e who has participated in this thread Stephen certainly had a few hair raising events and I m just so pleased he’s gone off to find his life I do miss him and keep having a check but I always thought how miserable and lonely his first two months must have been, alone for most of the time, on old plastic roofs
Now he’s free, seagulls take four years to mature so I hope he flies free and enjoys some adolescent fun, once matured they often mate for life, divorcees aren’t considered much ???
They can live up to 16/18 years if they don’t fall down any old chimneys
X

GrannySomerset Sat 15-Aug-20 16:36:00

Thank you for this wonderful thread, Bluebelle. So glad all has ended well, and hope next year Stephen brings his wife and family to visit.

Squiffy Sat 15-Aug-20 00:49:21

How wonderful BlueBelle! You did a sterling job. I hope he comes to visit you from time to time.

B9exchange Sat 15-Aug-20 00:08:07

So glad it had a happy ending, I wonder if he will come back to see you when he is missing his sardines!

Grannyben Fri 14-Aug-20 23:51:41

I've loved every update about Stephen Sebastian. If he comes back to see you, please let us know (with pictures of you can).

seacliff Fri 14-Aug-20 21:36:35

Awwww.....wishing you a long and happy life Stephen.

Stay away from chimney pots, and don't forget to go back and visit your Mum sometimes. (She may even have a sardine treat for you.)

Bridie22 Fri 14-Aug-20 21:06:02

Awh well done bluebell ?

Callistemon Fri 14-Aug-20 19:52:20

Well done Bluebelle

Callistemon Fri 14-Aug-20 19:52:00

Actually, I just shed a tear.
I feel quite emotional.
How silly, it must be the glass of wine I had.

Au revoir Stephen, please call in from time to time to say hello!
Cheers! Here's to a happy and healthy future ?

SueDonim Fri 14-Aug-20 19:47:39

Hurrah! ? ? Well done, Stephen Sebastian, enjoy your world.

Thank you, Bluebelle for this entertaining thread, with all its ups and downs and a happy ending. ❤️

BlueBelle Fri 14-Aug-20 19:30:57

I m so happy I ve just seen him on my shed roof,making a big grown up noise shouting at his mum, she shouted back he’s flapped his wings and flown off the roof
Hess up up and away whoppee
No more smelly sardines he’s on his own now

Have a happy life Stephen

Bridie22 Fri 14-Aug-20 14:47:33

Sorry Blubelle, but you are going to have to get the ladder out, get on the roof and show him how it's done !!!
You have made him to comfy, after a few false starts and lots of sliding up and down the kitchen roof our late flyer has finally flown...so there is still hope for Sebastian.

SueDonim Fri 14-Aug-20 14:20:03

He looks quite magisterial there, Bluebelle! If he does decide to stay on with you, tell him to get a job and pay you board & lodging. grin

Callistemon Fri 14-Aug-20 10:41:03

He sounds like the Boomerang Kid.

Come on Stephen, get flapping.