Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Jul-20 06:11:55

Good Morning Everyone,
It dry start but with some cloud this morning , anyway my day ahead .
I will get a bus late morning to Bicester , small shop do a walk about as I want to check the cafe situ at the bakery in go to in the main street .
Also yesterday , I did manage to get in contact via Facebook with a hairdressers so I can get my hair done soon, was told to go in and book Monday the day of opening , and I would only get a wet cut , but as long as its neat and tidy and it makes me look better great.
Take Care ,
Mick

Gingster Thu 02-Jul-20 08:15:13

Sorry folks. Goodness knows what’s happened to the rest of my post. Oh well, have a good day all. ?

Nannytopsy Thu 02-Jul-20 08:15:59

Good morning Mick and all his followers from sunny Suffolk although rain is due later.
Congratulations to the Greydusters and benjamina. flowers for Marydoll & Cherry.
DD and SiL are coming to see us next week, so yesterday we drew up a list of jobs to be done before they arrive. We have to be clean and tidy (even in the garden!) when we can finally have visitors!
Best get up and get moving! Be kind to yourselves.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 02-Jul-20 08:20:08

Good morning Mick and everyone from a chilly, grey Oxfordshire, all of our Covid tests came back negative, DD is distressed as she has been doing our shopping for us, apart from our odd delivery and click and collect and actually came indoors a couple of weeks ago on a wet day. The only person we have seen at home since March.
She is upset that we all became ill just after her, so she is determined now to only go out If essential, with a mask on, thankfully deliveries and click and collects are easier to get now. But maybe I didn’t leave the shopping in a corner Or the fridge for long enough before using.
A lesson learned though as whatever we had it wasn’t very pleasant and must have come from somewhere.
So another easy day here. I have just received, in the post, some semi permanent hair dye, so that if it looks worse then my roots do, at least it will wash out, we shall see .......Good luck with your day Mick.
Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and wash those hands.

Largolass Thu 02-Jul-20 08:23:16

Good Morning and it's nice and bright here in Fife much better than yesterday with all the rain so hopeful of a walk later.
My cleaning girl complete with PPE came yesterday so we went out and left her to it, lovely to come back to a sparkling house and she's so pleased to be back working as she's self employed.
Carpet fitter arriving this morning to fit new hall carpet good to be getting some normality back.
Enjoy your day everyone ?

harrigran Thu 02-Jul-20 08:29:32

Good morning from a grey, damp NE.
DH was up very early as he is driving to the next city for a blood test, our GP surgery is incapable of arranging and carrying out simple procedures at present.
Happy Anniversary to the Greydusters, enjoy your day.
Happy Birthday to benjamina ?
I think we have another supermarket delivery today, we really do not need anything but DH will store it.
I am fit for nothing today, pain in left hand is bad, can't grip anything and walked into the door frame the other night and now bruised and hobbling too.
Need to do paperwork today unless of course I find something more interesting on Netflix.

gillgran Thu 02-Jul-20 08:34:06

Good Morning to you all from a bright, sunny Cambs.,

It will be good to look forward to getting a hair cut, Mick.
My hairdresser rang yesterday to say she is taking appointments from next week, I've had to put mine on hold,(although it's badly in need), as DH is in hospital today for long awaited operation, so dare not risk it.

Marydoll, & Cherrycezzy, Take care, hope you soon feel better.

Happy birthday, Benjamina.

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Greyduster, on your anniversary. medals all round!

EllanVannin, good to 'see' you back.

flowers to you all.

Take Care Folks.

Grandmafrench Thu 02-Jul-20 08:41:32

Hi gillgran. Before you dash off, just wanted to say everything crossed for your DH today. Hope he makes an uncomplicated recovery and problems will soon be behind him. Look after yourself, too. And don’t stress ??

gillybob Thu 02-Jul-20 08:46:35

A late good morning check in here from the NE coast where we have yet another miserable, damp and grey day.

I’ve been awake most of the night but must’ve fell fast asleep around 5.30 Woke up with a huge start at 7.30 and now dashing around like a mad thing to get to “that place” for just after 9am.

I could quite easily get back into bed as I’m shattered and the pains in my legs are driving me bonkers but It’s wages, pensions and all that exciting stuff today so I will have to get a shake on .

Just want to wish the Greydusters a very Happy Wedding Anniversary. 54 years is some achievement . Well done . I hope you both have a lovely day ?

Happy Birthday to Benjamina I hope you enjoy your day.flowers

To CherryCezzy we’ve missed you . Good to see you back. I’m so sorry that you are not feeling so good right now.

Marydoll do try and take it easy. You’re not superwoman you know smile and Harri I think relaxing and Netflix is the best idea for you today . Sorry to hear you’re in a lot of pain .

To all my lovely Gransnet friends. I hope you have the best Thursday possible and we all get to see some sunshine very soon . Must Dash. Love Gillybob xx

gillybob Thu 02-Jul-20 08:47:45

Oops meant to add. Still thinking about our friend BlueSapphire and CrazyH’s grandson . Hoping for some good news very soon.

dragonfly46 Thu 02-Jul-20 08:48:45

Is Ellanvannin back? Have I missed something?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Jul-20 08:52:03

Good morning mick and all x , a haircut will make you feel good mick take care on your bus journeys.

Blue sky and blustery here in S E Essex with rain and storms forecast for this afternoon approximately at the time I am going to have tea and cake in my friends garden, best find the umbrella and raincoat ?

Happy Birthday benjamina ?? Happy Anniversary The Greydusters ??

We managed to go to a garden centre yesterday, there was only us and two other couples. It was so lovely to mooch round the gift shop and then wander round the plants, we bought some herbs and veggies along with a beautifully fragrant lavender bush, which is now on a planter beside my lounger.

I have to put away the rest of our food delivery this morning, as I only dealt with the fridge bits yesterday, the rest is sitting in the garage!!!

Sar53 how exciting for you both, the next chapter in your lives now begins.

Marydoll rest, rest and more rest........the housework and clearing out your craft room can wait, it's time to be kind to yourself.

Urmstongran don't overdo the housework, the more you dust the more dust appears ??

cherrycezzy , BlueSaphire take care.

Keep safe folks ?

Anniebach Thu 02-Jul-20 08:53:58

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Puzzler61 Thu 02-Jul-20 08:54:02

Good morning Mick and All from Worcs. Bright and dry at the minute but rain coming later according to forecast.

Happy Birthday to you Benjamina ? ?
Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Greyduster ? ?

Marydoll I’m sending you 2 fairies with magic wands, 1 to do your jobs so that you can rest, and 1 to get rid of your feelings of extreme ‘Yukkiness’ . ??‍♀️ ?‍♂️ Better days must come.

Harrigran - 1 Fairy for you as well, even the simplest things are impossible without the full use of your hands. ??‍♀️

Oopsadaisy Sooo very happy that your tests were negative. You can let out the breath you’ve been holding, awaiting result. ?

Have the best day you can everyone. Must leave the thread now my grocery delivery could be here in 5 mins and I’m not dressed , EEK! ?

Pantglas2 Thu 02-Jul-20 08:59:47

Morning all from a dry but dull north Wales where I’m still lolling abed......slept like a top so obviously nicked some of Marydoll’s!

Congrats to Greyduster and Benjamina - have a lovely day?? and hope all goes well with the op Gillgran and he’s back with you ASAP properly mended!

Out to DD for a curry this evening, SIL is a good cook and will take my mango chutney and some Kingfisher beers and hop on a bus home - bemasked of course!

Stay safe everyone x

Susan56 Thu 02-Jul-20 09:09:56

Good morning from Shropshire.

Good to see you back Cherry??.Take it easy for the next few days and hopefully you will soon be feeling better.x?

Marydoll and harri,hope you will both be feeling better soon too.?

I have a hair appointment at 5.45 on sunday?

Have a good day all.

Mapleleaf Thu 02-Jul-20 09:11:17

Good morning all,

As greyduster says, it’s a damp, grey morning here today. Quite humid, too. Not sure if it will brighten up but hope so.

Happy anniversary, greyduster. Hope you enjoy your day. ??

I haven’t read all the posts yet, so apologies if I’ve missed anyone else who has a celebration today. I will catch up after my Pilates class.

I hope those of you suffering in any way have a better day today. Take care everyone. ?

Urmstongran Thu 02-Jul-20 09:16:28

Your seizures must exhaust you Cherry yet you always sound so upbeat. You are a tonic in yourself.

harrigran poor you. You are struggling right now so have these from me ?

Susan56 Thu 02-Jul-20 09:23:50

Happy anniversary to the Greydusters??

Happy birthday benjamina?

Gelisajams Thu 02-Jul-20 09:28:17

Good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. Very lazy start this morning. No walk, I might go rusty in all this rain but will exercise shortly. I have toned up with all the lockdown exercise as some blouses I bought over the internet which were far too tight, now fit me.
DS1 sent a text yesterday to say he was heading in our direction tomorrow. Must give the house a clean! The garden is always done, but indoor housework has to wait.
Happy birthday, Benjamina and congratulations to Mr & Mrs Greyduster on your anniversary.
Take care all and stay safe?

SusieB50 Thu 02-Jul-20 09:31:17

Good morning all from East London . The sun woke me up streaming through a crack in the curtains . Now it’s overcast ! The painters have finished doing the outside and I’m very happy with it . The beginnings of doing all the jobs my late DH said “I’ll do it all when I feel better” ?
A friend came for coffee yesterday and we had to sit in the kitchen with the patio doors wide open as it started to pour ,it was nice to have a bit of normality . Happy Birthday Benjamina and congrats Mr &Mrs Grey duster.

Justwidowed Thu 02-Jul-20 09:42:17

Good morning Mick and everyone. Sorry to hear that you're still suffering Marydoll take it easy today please,good book or film and feet up.I have no trouble doing either when I should be doing other things.
Happy today just checked Premium
Bond app and four £25 prizes this month
Last month none so better this month.It will go towards new former and garage roofs.
Happy birthday Benjamina and Happy Anniversary Greyduster

benjamina Thu 02-Jul-20 09:46:15

Good morning to everyone on this kind and lovely thread. You certainly know how to make someone feel welcome. Thanks to all of you smile

Hope your day at the lido was lovely Bellasnana. No such luck here in the rainy North West! I am about 40 miles away from Chester on the edge of Bolton.

Think whatever I do today will be weather dependant - might go for a walk this afternoon if the rain stops. If the rain stays I will stay in and bake lemon drizzle cake and carrot cake with cream cheese topping - no good for my waistline!!

Happy anniversary to The Greydusters - wow! 54 years!

I always remember when my late mum was at the hairdressers years ago she was telling the girl who was washing her hair that it was their Golden wedding that weekend - the girl asked how many years was that - my mum said 50 - the girl looked shocked and said "to the same man?" Made my mum laugh!

I will get on with my day now - hope everyone manages the best day they can - sending good wishes to anyone with struggles.

Legs55 Thu 02-Jul-20 10:09:58

Good morning all. Sunny, windy & an assortment of white & grey clouds here in Devon, at least it's dry.

Lovely day with DD & DGSs yesterday, might manage a trip to a Garden Centre today. Painting waiting for me & the ironing/housework might ignore the last bit until tomorrowhmm

Have the best day you can everyoneflowers

EllanVannin Thu 02-Jul-20 10:13:06

Good Morning All x ( not weatherwise though sad )
What a miserable dark day, damp and only 15 degrees--July ! ?
At least I'm back online now. Yes I'm here Dragonfly {grin] x

A few bits needed from the local shops,, right now the cats have more stocks than I have but I'll soon remedy that.

It's starting to take me longer to read ( and digest ) everyone's posts and note that we have a couple of " poorly grans " so I hope things improve for you. Also best wishes to Gillgran's DH on his op. and hope recovery is swift.

Not a bit envy of Urmston's weather-koff or Bellasnanna's heat either. It does lift the spirits though.

Enjoy your days Greyduster and Benjamina, just a shame it has to be during these weird times but I'm sure you'll make the most of it.

Well like it or not I'll have to venture out to the village next week to the post office to send cards to Oz as I can't just stick stamps on them they have to be weighed so that'll be something to look forward to, or not. There was always a queue at that p/o too but I'll have to take my chances. I don't have any masks so I'll just have to swing my scarf around my nose and mouth.

Just got a perfume sample through the post and it smells rather nice---it's a Tom Ford one which I'd ordered off ebay. The perfumes themselves are quite expensive so it's a good idea to have a sniff of it first and it looks promising grin

Must get a spurt on now or there'll be no crumpets left.
Thinking of you all, stay safe and well with thoughts to BlueSapphire too x

CherryCezzy Thu 02-Jul-20 10:15:28

Urmstongran, if alcohol didn't interfere with my meds I'd have a gin with that ?