Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-Jul-20 06:11:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start with some cloud here in Brackley this morning .
Will do my usual shop this morning ,and have an easy day .
Yesterday , went to Bicester and walked around ,and sussing out for this weekend .
There is a cafe within a bakery shop in the main street which I used to frequent allot, checked it out , at the moment only one customer in the shop , tomorrow when the cafe opens will be interesting to see what it will be like.
Take Care ,
Mick

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 21:11:25

Thank you. Have a lovely weekend.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jul-20 19:48:35

Today was grand! Yes the sand is hot & will be for the next few weeks but the temperature was ‘only’ 29°C today - still gorgeous but a full 10°C dip from yesterday!

Enjoy the Prosecco!

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 19:22:51

Oops pressed the button too soon. Won’t be anything to do with the Prosecco (on my 3rd glass today).

Hope the sand wasn’t so hot that it burnt your feet? It sounds very hot with you.

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 19:21:22

Thank you Urmstongran, you went to the beach after all ?

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jul-20 19:00:33

And from me too Puzzler - we’re just back up from the beach. Hope you have a super dooper birthday evening!

Pantglas if those 2 nurse friends of ours got on a flight from Manchester yesterday, I don’t think you’re ‘mad’ at all! I’m sure they did a risk assessment.
?

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 18:55:26

Thank you Feelingmyage.
Have a very happy Friday evening too. ?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 03-Jul-20 18:13:05

Puzzler61. came back to read the thread. A very Happy Birthday evening. Glad you have had a lovely day.

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 17:59:25

Cherry I hope today has been kinder to you and uneventful as far as seizures go? ?

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 17:58:07

Thank you HAZBEEN, mumofmadboys, dragonfly again, and Cherry. Even with the rain it’s been a special day ?

CherryCezzy Fri 03-Jul-20 13:45:42

I know, I know, it's well into the afternoon! I do have an excuse, that positively evil prn medication I have to take when I have seizures ? Good afternoon anyway ?.

Pantglas, crazy -no! Have a fantastic holiday ??

? Happy birthday Puzzler, the weather may be less than joyful but us ♋ are born for joy so have a joyful day. Beautiful cake ? by the way. Sending you ???

What a lovely surprise Urmstongran, for you and your neighbour. Sun, sea and welcome good company ?

Oh Marydoll, it sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday, I'm so pleased to hear it, especially given all you have and are going through. Hope you find that shortcut next time ?

Maw, ??? and a gentle hug from me.

EllenVannin and Hazbeen sorry to hear that both of you have had a poor night's sleep. I wish you both a better night's sleep tonight ?

I can't "go" without saying to*Bellasnana*, perhaps the reason why you don't have green fingers is because you have put far too much yellow or blue on them or, like me it is a bit too ? for your complexion ?.

Just my usual group quiz and a bit of non artistic artwork for me today and that casserole won't make itself ?

mumofmadboys Fri 03-Jul-20 13:14:19

Happy birthday Puzzler! You have caught me up in age! The cake looks delicious! I will pretend to have a slice ( and save the calories!!)

Purplepixie Fri 03-Jul-20 13:05:11

Good afternoon from a breezy East Midlands.

No plans for today other than making tea and maybe reading a book this afternoon.

Stay safe and sane.

HAZBEEN Fri 03-Jul-20 13:00:20

Sorry I am so late today! I had a really bad night and then finally fell into a deep sleep at 6am not waking until 9.45! Shopping delivery was booked for 10 - 11 so had to get a move on. Thats unpacked and put away, my neighbours bits in a bag to their doorsteps so all done.
OH finished putting the kitchen straight yesterday so the fridge is no longer taking pride of place in the lounge! The new floor tiles look so much better than the horrble muddy green/brown flooring that the Housing assoc. had put down.
Nothing much planned for the rest of the day except a bit of sewing, I have to shorten the new trousers I bought online and a couple of bits of mending to OHs work gear.
Have a good afternoon everyone. Birthday wishes to Puzzler and have a great time back in Spain Pantglas, we used to live in Torrevieja near Alicante and I miss the life there!

dragonfly46 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:30:59

I think you are right to go Pantglas I am so envious. To be honest if you did get the dreaded lurgy you are probably better off in Spain. Enjoy!!

dragonfly46 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:29:33

Happy Birthday (again) Puzzler enjoy your special day.

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:28:59

Thank you gillgran

gillgran Fri 03-Jul-20 12:26:26

Sorry, it's now Good Afternoon to you all, from an overcast, but dry Cambs.,

DH now recovering at home, very uncomfortable, in pain, but thankfully nothing sinister found. thank you for the good wishes, (I was a bit stressed).

Pantglas, safe journey, have a lovely sunny time.

Happy birthday, Puzzler, a spring chicken indeed, (compared to me)..!! grin. Delicious cake.

Good Wishes to Maw, & all with more problems than normal. flowers

Take Care Folks.

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:16:43

Thank you Pants you are very funny lady, but mad - No.

Get off with your case of tiny bikini’s and have the holiday you deserve. ? ?

I will be expecting you to begin a thread next week “Postcards from my Casa” ....... ?

rjack Fri 03-Jul-20 12:07:28

Good morning all from rainy dreich Carnoustie. Golf had to be cancelled due to the rain, so meeting up with golf friends for a walk round the town. Where has our sun gone up here. Enjoy holidays everyone who is somewhere sunny.

Pantglas2 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:05:58

Just popping back to wish Puzzler a very happy birthday and say thank you all for your kind thoughts for my olidays! ?

Friends and family think I’m brave/foolish/daft/daring/mad - choose your adjective ?but my own dynamic risk assessment ?????has been ✅ so hopefully ‘See you on the other side......?’

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 12:04:47

My sister made the Strawberry cake Kalu - she is 8 years older than me, and my other sister is 18 years older.

Kalu Fri 03-Jul-20 12:00:13

You have a way to go to reach my number Puzzler. 60/10 according to youngest GD and you’re not an old lady Granny, you just have some lines on your face. She could be my favourite!?. Delicious cake.

Puzzler61 Fri 03-Jul-20 11:52:57

How gorgeous! And kind of you Nortsat.
I love flowers.
Thank you, and to Beechnut too.

Nortsat Fri 03-Jul-20 11:37:15

Popped back to wish Puzzler a very happy birthday ...

Beechnut Fri 03-Jul-20 11:35:00

Happy Birthday Puzzler I wish you a lovely day ??

Good Morning everyone from a dull and overcast Severnside.
?