Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Jul-20 06:23:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning .
My trip out yesterday , saw more than expected .
Once I had got to Bicester , I went to bakery shop I use the cafe is not open until Monday , there was queing for barber shops plus someone had set up a mobile one again queing .
Got back to Buckingham , the flea market stall ,and also the Old Gaol museum had reopened , the cafe I use , got a seat sat down and ordered, no questions as to personal details tracking , had a coffee and toastie ,and watched all the diverted traffic going through the town centre due to road works .
Returned home , and got a Chinses take away as usual,
Take care
Mick

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 06:30:19

Good morning from grey, windy E Kent. Don’t know why the wind is/has been so strong these last few days. It’s very enervating.
Congratulations ? Mick on your first cup of coffee post release. Did you get your hair cut too?
DGS and DS1 are here, eating me out of house and home. We had wraps last night. DH and I struggled to eat one each. The boys? They had threeeach, and room for an apricot upside down pudding and custard!
Nothing much on today. Since BBC has stopped showing church services, we watch our DD in her church. She does give a stinking sermon if I say so myself.
Peace to all those who need it, serenity to all. Stay well, stay safe.

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 06:31:12

Stonking not stinking... grrr ?

Nannytopsy Sun 05-Jul-20 06:34:36

Good morning Mick and all to come. Sounds like a busy day Mick. Keep safe!
It’s very windy in Suffolk this morning- it has woken me early.
DS & DGC coming to see us this lunchtime so fish fingers and chips it is! They are allowed in the house now but still at a distance. Not sure how that works!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 05-Jul-20 06:35:07

Morning Grandmattie?!

Beechnut Sun 05-Jul-20 06:51:01

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is sunny and cloudy. It has rained during the night.

You’ve got growing and still growing boys there grandMattie.

Lots of activity next door with a dumper truck. Every time it went into reverse I thought it was my smoke alarm going off.

I cleared most of the cut down stuff and will finish off the bigger pieces today and then I would like to get out my new toy and see how I go with it.

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe ?

Grammaretto Sun 05-Jul-20 06:57:31

Good morning everyone from a very windy but sunny Scottish Borders.
You sound very pleased to be back to "normal" Mick. Let's hope things stay a bit more relaxed. I think lots of us are missing meeting our friends in cafés or on the bus.
Sunday we always have our zoom church but then nothing planned so far. DH has a sore eye which is making him miserable. He's a great reader so I hope this will go away as quickly as it came.

We forget how much hollow legged young people can devour grandMattie I wonder what age your DGC are but they are growing, that's for sure.

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jul-20 07:14:42

Sun’s up here! (isn’t it, Pantglas? - hope all went well yesterday with the airport, flight and hire car experience!) ?

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day ahead ? with temperature forecasted to be 28°C - perfect, not humid. There is definitely something about this part of Andalusia from where you can see the coast of Africa that I love.

Pedro’s ‘El Corner Bar’ (next door to Juan & Maria’s) have started their summer barbacoas now - we noticed on the chalkboard outside when we came up from the beach on Friday. They are very popular on Fridays and weekends with visitors and locals alike. We have decided to go down at 8pm and enjoy a G&T whilst placing our order. We love BBQ especially if we don’t have to cook it!

Glad you didn’t get asked for contact details for a coffee & a toastie Mick! Nothing of that malarkey out here and all is well round here. That said, I don’t know what caused the huge lockdown at noon yesterday of some 400,000 people to the west of Barcelona.

Hope you enjoyed your meal out GG13 yesterday and that it’s given your confidence a boost (as well as being delicious of course!). It is lovely not to have to shop/prep/cook/wash up and just pick up a menu again!

Hope the patrons at the pub across the road from your daughter behaved themselves yesterday gillyboband that there were no incidents.
?

Our youngest daughter got her hair done in Manchester yesterday! She was delighted to be one of the first appointments.

Hope Sunday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x. Thinking of you BlueSapphire.

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 07:20:31

Gramaretto, DGS is 16 but DS is 42, hardly hollow legged growing boy! ?

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Jul-20 07:25:30

Morning All

Dark scudding clouds and a very strong gusting wind here in the north of Norfolk. No rain though and the garden is bone dry.

A day for staying in, I don’t think I’d dare walk under any tree for fear of a branch falling on my head! I had to go into town yesterday to buy milk and it all looked very Continental with lots of people (mostly young) gathering (well distanced) at the tables outside the pubs in the square. I don’t know if they were still behaving as well last evening, but I think the wind will keep them indoors today - if a hangover doesn’t!

Brunette10 Sun 05-Jul-20 07:31:47

Good Morning from a windy but bright Fife. Not so good through the night I believe although I didn't hear much but DH said it was very blustery. Had the most wonderful day yesterday when DD and DGS's came along and DH and I got our very first hug from DGS's in 103 days. It was just soooo wonderful, the feeling was something I won't ever forget. Just a joy. What a difference it makes being able to go near them and touch them. Just waiting to be able to give our DD exactly the same cuddles. Renovations are coming along nicely in the house and now having washing machine plumbed in garage so I still have use of it, will be using it today and get some clothes out in the wind. Mick your day seemed to go well yesterday, well done. grandMattie - you made me laugh with your 'stinking and not stonking' - sorry! Hoping everyone is in good form today, keep your chin up and have a good Sunday.

kittylester Sun 05-Jul-20 07:33:12

Morning all from a blustery North Leicestershire where we also have some dark clouds.

We did nothing yesterday which drove me mad - it's not me at all!

So, today we will go for a walk and crack on with putting the lounge back together.

Chicken for dinner after the 5pm clap.

You are very brave Mick - I havent been out much at all yet.
Enjoy your days

Marydoll Sun 05-Jul-20 07:52:56

Good morning all from a very windy and wet Glasgow, no walk for us today.
I'm glad you had an enjoyable day, you are braver than me Mick. Even once my shielding is over, I don't think I will be venturing very far for a long time. I'm too nervous of people not being careful.

Nothing at all planned for today, apart from reading the papers and virtual church.

I hope * Gilly* didn't have too stressful an evening at her DDs.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Gingster Sun 05-Jul-20 07:53:02

Good morning from a very blustery Suffolk coast. Had to shut the windows last night as the blinds were rattling and flapping. I do like a winDow open as I’ve now got a muzzy head.

Looking at the crowds in London last night on the news, I think there were quite a few arrests, as well as around the country. Why do people have to be so extreme! I hope your DD didn’t have any problems Gillybob.

I walked the little pooch up to the campsite along the beach from us yesterday and found our friends , who have a lodge there. It was nice to see them and campers were arriving all the time. It’s a very quiet site , so no rowdiness or disorder there.

I steamed my cherries (idea from Cherrycezzy) just for a few moments and the stone popped out beautifully . Thanks for all your ideas though. ?

What sort Of ‘new toy’ do you have Beechnut? ?

Lamb for dinner this evening followed by cherry clafoutis, I’ll let you know how it turns out . Never made it before ?

My 14 yr old twin GS’s definitely have hollow legs. They devour food like there’s no tomorrow and they are skinny and tall. On the other hand their 4 yr old sister hardly eats anything and is almost food phobic ?. Seems healthy enough though!

Well, dont get blown away today. Hang on to your hats ?.

Hope Marydoll is getting her voo voo voom back. Slowly but surely.

Have a pleasant day whatever you’re doing. ?

Nortsat Sun 05-Jul-20 07:53:20

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a blustery east London.

I wasn’t well yesterday, so our plans didn’t materialise.
We had a quiet evening and an easy supper. We watched an interesting film about Charles Darwin.
Hoping for a better and more productive day today.

GrandMattie I read your sentence twice about your daughters stinking sermon. Was very pleased to see your correction.
Good wishes to those feeling low or unwell ? Have a nice day, all. ?

Puzzler61 Sun 05-Jul-20 07:54:09

Good morning Mick and all from very windy, but sunny Worcs.

Yesterday DH’s cousin and her husband visited in the morning and we sat apart in the conservatory/dining room. She was wearing a very nice cardi which she had knitted in lockdown and when I admired it ..... well , she’s going to knit one for me !?

In the evening we went to our DD1’s house for a spectacular Italian meal. We chose from a menu in the week, and it was delivered yesterday fresh, with directions on how to finish the meal off.

We had meat and mozzarella sharing boards with almonds, apricots and a honey and balsamic dressing.
Then meatballs with tomato sauce, basil and Parmesan shavings,
and finally a strawberry variation on individual Tiramisu’s.
Absolutely delicious, and it was a joy to be in DD and DSIL’s house again, chatting like normal and playing with their 2 cats.

I hope the sun shines for all today - keep the hatched battened down until this wind drops. ?

cornergran Sun 05-Jul-20 07:54:54

Morning Mick, morning All. Strong, blustery wind and a sky that can’t make up its mind in our corner of Somerset. Hope to supervise Mr C shrinkIng a huge lily that’s taking over a corner of the garden. It was a gift from former neighbours from their garden, I’m wondering who I can pass some on to. Not much else today, still uncomfortable and energy free. We’re very slowly and carefully venturing out more, feel we need to or confidence will go. Hope all was well for your daughter yesterday gilly. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Pittcity Sun 05-Jul-20 07:57:09

Good morning from rainy Colchester. We had 2 DGSs overnight and we're not supposed to hug them here in England. Very difficult when there is an uncooperative fitted sheet in the middle of the night.
Kids TV this morning and then taking them home.
Roast beef this evening.

brook2704 Sun 05-Jul-20 08:02:22

Good morning everyone from a dry cloudy Inverness - the sun has definitely disappeared up here but if anyone knows where it is please send it back !
Awwwww brunette how special and lovely ! Me too yesterday - I got the biggest cuddles ever from DGS1 who’s 6 and DGD who’s 5 - I couldn’t stop squeezing them ? I’m still aching to see my other two DGS but they live in Cambridge so cant see them yet - hopefully I’ll be brave enough to plan a trip to see them soon
grandmattie enjoy your time with your big strapping DGS - apologies I referred to him as little yesterday ?
For everyone meeting up with friends and family hope you have a lovely day and if you’re on your own or feeling a bit down please take it easy and have the best day you can?

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jul-20 08:14:10

Reading your posts reminds me of how much I’m missing our two grandchildren. The eldest will be 8y old in less than a fortnight and this will be the first time we’ve not been part of the birthday celebrations.
?

Sorry for us - with sun, sea and sangria. I know! I still am not ready for trains, airport, flight and a taxi at the other end. I’m brave here but only where we can walk to. We are lucky to have so many pleasures and good weather to enjoy whilst we wait.

harrigran Sun 05-Jul-20 08:26:22

Good morning from a very windy NE.
Another night of no sleep, pain excruciating.
Yesterday was another lost day, didn't even get dressed.

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jul-20 08:32:56

Oh harrigran that’s awful to hear. Poor you, really. Is it your hand? Pain just drags you down. When you think we can put a man on the moon yet good, safe pain control is very much trial and error.

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 08:56:24

I agree, Urms. I think, like many if you, that our age group seems very, very cautious now. Wait and see. Such a shame that ours and young people’s live have been so overturned with the need to protect us wrinklies.

Anniebach Sun 05-Jul-20 08:58:07

Good morning Auntyflo and x

Greyduster Sun 05-Jul-20 08:58:08

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a blustery but fairly bright South Yorkshire where it promises at least to be dry. DD and her menfolk are doing a long ride on their bikes as part of a sort of interschools exercise challenge today, starting and finishing near here, so they will come for a late lunch this afternoon - the first family dinner around my table since lockdown. Can’t wait!
Harrigran I hope you have a gentle, pain free day catching up on your sleep??.