Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Mon 06-Jul-20 06:23:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice dry and bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Today , I will try and get an appointment to have my hair cut in the next few days.
It seems the order of most hairdressers with notices on doors giving details of numbers to book an appointment .
Other than that not allot today .
Take Care ,
Mick

Lilactime75 Mon 06-Jul-20 18:56:54

Hallo everyone- first time here for a long time. Just ventured out to our caravan park this weekend, to find all the plants dead except two little conifers. Too windy yesterday to do anything but sunny and blustery today. Looking forward to weekends away again. Hope your RA/gout can be relieved - awfully painful Marydoll. The sun is shining so a glass of wine on the patio is next. Hopefully this period is coming to an end soon. Stay safe.

grandMattie Mon 06-Jul-20 18:41:26

Oh, scentia, what sad news. So sorry! flowers

brook2704 Mon 06-Jul-20 18:09:21

Just wanted to say how sorry I was scentia to hear that sad news from your DD - sending ❤️and hugs

Pantglas2 Mon 06-Jul-20 17:51:00

Buenas dias amigas! Just a quickie to let you lovely senoras know we arrived safely- T3 soooo quiet at Manchester but flight was full and all bemasked and disinfected!

DH gone to set up wifi so will 'peruse the news' at leisure later - happy birthday and pension day to any lucky ladies, I've got another 17 months (not that I'm counting....grrrr)

kittylester Mon 06-Jul-20 16:56:19

Mick starts the Good Morning thread. Which is this one!

Anveran Mon 06-Jul-20 16:38:02

I'm new here, haven't posted before, just wondering who Mick is?

Feelingmyage55 Mon 06-Jul-20 13:54:02

Beechnut. Thank you - I will go first thing tomorrow morning before the cafe has opened so that it is quiet.

Georgesgran Mon 06-Jul-20 13:45:11

Good afternoon from Durham, where the weather can’t make its mind up - from warm and breezy to torrential rain and back again.
Had DH to GP Surgery for blood tests before tomorrow’s chemo. He’d had weekend NHS reminders for his lunchtime appointment and one at 9am. Turns out the early one was for a lady with the same surname!

Off for coffee with a friend soon, then DH and I will do a short walk later, as he continues to get some strength back.

Best wishes to all. X

Hymnbook Mon 06-Jul-20 13:40:51

Hello everyone. Hope you're all keeping well. Windy but dry the sun can't make it's mind up. Guess who got trapped in the lift this morning. I bet my screams were heard in Scotland. Fortunately the lift repair man was actually repairing the other lift he let me out. Very scary. Not keen on using the lifts any more. I'll use the stairs. I'm lucky that l can there are a lot of tenants that rely on the lift. It's only a year old and l think it's broken down at least once a month since being installed. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Scentia Mon 06-Jul-20 13:31:54

Good Afternoon all from East Staffordshire. I have my DGS today as my DD has unfortunately suffered a miscarriage yesterday and her DH is tidying the house and fetching her home in a bit. He was not allowed in the hospital with her do she has had to deal with it all alone. She is very stoic though and doesn’t seem very surprised. I suppose she knows her body and she has always said “she felt this one is different somehow” I think I will get a takeaway curry tonight as I haven’t seen my DH for 4 days as I have been working at the children’s home. We will have a date ‘night in’ with beer too. Take care everyone and sorry I am late to the party.xx

Purplepixie Mon 06-Jul-20 13:28:30

Good afternoon from a very breezy East Midlands.

Happy birthday Tanith- I hope you have a fantastic day.

Not much planned for today as I did a bit of food shopping this morning. So sad to see the pubs crammed in our local town over the weekend. Where will it end? I bet we have a second wave of the virus which will be worse than the first.

Lins1066 Mon 06-Jul-20 12:26:20

Good Morning Mick and all from a windswept S Welsh coast.
Happy Birthday tanith ?? have a lovely day.
Take care everyone, stay safe.

Beechnut Mon 06-Jul-20 12:04:59

I visited a garden centre last Friday * Feelingmyage*. I nearly cried, I was so happy to be there ??

Feelingmyage55 Mon 06-Jul-20 11:43:51

Good morning from a cool, breezy dull Scotland. Chores done and browsing GN with my coffee. Yesterday was better weather than expected and I moved lots of bedding plants then it conveniently rained heavily so I didn’t have to run around with the hose. I have saved a new book for a low day and that is today so after lunch I will immerse myself in another world for a few hours. Am I brave enough to go to a garden centre? Hmmm. Lots of you have challenges and I wish you better days.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 06-Jul-20 11:41:08

A late morning all from a fairly overcast South Notts. Earlier when I put the washing on the sun was shining but it's gone into hiding now and it's very blustery.
Not much planned but I may go out for a short while.
On the subject of cherry clafouti, Gingster I made one many moons ago and no matter how careful I was I splashed lots of little tear-shaped cherry stains on the kitchen tiles. I cleaned it up but for months later I'd still find one which had escaped attention.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 06-Jul-20 11:17:01

Good Morning all from not too sure what the weather will be Harrogate - we've had warm sunshine but cloudy just now.
Made the decision yesterday I finished sewing the laundry bags - couldn't find any more fabric to cut up. Might make a few masks before putting the sewing machine away, maybe trying to do a bit more dusting???

Froglady Mon 06-Jul-20 10:35:47

I managed to get my hair cut in Blackburn yesterday. We have a sort of area in the mall, a bit like the ones they have for doing nails etc, and here there are 3 chairs for people to have their hair cut, no appointments, you just have to queue. I was the first as I arrived a bit early and just waited and my hair feels brilliant now; so pleased all the weight has gone.
It's a mixed day in Blackburn, wet and sometimes sunny. You wouldn't know what to wear if you went out. I'm hoping someone is going to come and sort out my TV for me and help me learn how to get the 'magic box' as I call it, to record programmes again.

CherryCezzy Mon 06-Jul-20 10:33:36

Good morning everyone from the Gower where the sky is blue and clouds (quite a lot of them) are white for a change, bit breezy though.

I have been here the last few days Gillybob but quite late yesterday. I'm feeling quite a bit better ? it lasts a while.

Now that things are opening up a bit in Wales I've finally got a plumber coming to sort out my upstairs toilet on Wednesday. Hurrah ?. Got shopping arriving later, which I'm very pleased about as I'm incredibly low on veg'. Other than that no real plans for today. Tomorrow, weather permitting we will venture down to the coast and have our first takeaway for months for dinner. I'm finally meeting up with a friend on Friday so things are looking up ?

I'm getting ? about those of you having hair cuts or planned ones, Mick, Susan etc so. My hair is so long I've got ringlets ? No sign of hairdressers opening in Wales yet!

Marydoll, I hope you do get hold of one of the nurses and a solution is easily going ?.
Harrigran, I hope that the route of your hand trouble is also uncovered very soon and that too gets sorted ?

Happy retirement Beechnut, sit back and enjoy it ?

Hope you are enjoying your time in Spain now *Pantglas ?
We're all thinking of you BlueSapphire ?

Take care and be kind to yourselves one and all ❤️

Nortsat Mon 06-Jul-20 10:20:21

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a now grey east London.

We did our gardening yesterday, so the front of the house looks respectable. Finalised the online grocery order and are expecting delivery between 12.00 and 1.00 today.
I enjoyed being in the front garden and chatting to passers by, after shielding for so long.

I have put a beef casserole on to slow cook, so hope some nice vegetables are delivered with my groceries, to complement it.

Sorry to hear that things are difficult for Marydoll, Cherry & harri, hope you all have a better day. Thinking of Bluesapphire and congratulations on being the recipient of your pension Beechnut. The swallowtail butterflies must be lovely Grandmafrench, I wish I could see them.

Have a good day everyone and ? for those who need them.?

gma Mon 06-Jul-20 10:16:55

Yippee!! Just back from my first hair cut for 17 weeks and now I look like me again and not the mad woman from Jane Eyre!! Feels great!!
No fuss at hairdressers! Socially distanced, both of us wearing masks! Snip snip and that’s it!!!

GrannySomerset Mon 06-Jul-20 09:52:41

One load of washing out to take advantage of a very stiff breeze, second lot doing, DH sorted and a trip to the hairdresser this afternoon - quite a good start to the week. Hope having respectable hair will make me feel more cheerful because the last few days have been quite hard going. Had hoped our AC might have proposed a visit since we haven’t seen them this year but they are understandably busy so think it will be August before we catch sight of them.

Compared with so many this really doesn’t count, and am thinking of Marydoll, Gillybob, Susan, Dragonfly and everyone challenged by pain, illness and anxiety. Hope we all have the best day we can in the circumstances.

EllanVannin Mon 06-Jul-20 09:52:19

Birthday wishes to those I've missed flowers wine xx

EllanVannin Mon 06-Jul-20 09:51:32

Yes, Grandmafrench, it's the Manx way of spelling the Isle of Man. My middle name is Ellen ( spelt with an " e " ) so maybe that's where mum got it from, coupled with dad's mum ( grandma ) whose name was Ellen.

Mum hailed from there so we went often in our younger years----sailing in all weathers grin I think we went every year so far as I remember. I have more relatives buried there than here---and one who's buried in Jersey.

Yes, and the Gibb brothers were from the IOM too. I've got a number of their CD's as I love their music.

Take care and stay safe x

Susan56 Mon 06-Jul-20 09:43:32

Good morning from Shropshire where it is a dull and blustery start to the day.

I went to the hairdressers yesterday.Quite an experience!Plastic gown,cape and disposable towel.Face mask had to be worn at all times,hairdresser wore a plastic visor.She had done a brilliant job making the salon feel a safe place.Half the chairs gone,screens between chairs and basins,sanitiser available at door and throughout the salon and cleaning going on continually.We were both worrying about the amount of rubbish that will be generated though.
I read yesterday that there are more facemasks in the sea than jellyfish.

Cherry,Mary and harri I hope you all start to feel better soon?

?for anyone suffering and wish all a good day.

Beechnut Mon 06-Jul-20 09:37:32

Thank you for giving me birthday greetings but my birthday isn’t until next month. X