Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Wed 08-Jul-20 06:11:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley this morning , nothing planned but a local shop today .
Yesterday , went to plan , in Buckingham , usual cafe stop and had a early lunch ,and then did a walkabout .
I did notice they are doing coronavirus tests in the Swan swimming pool car park on a daily basis done by the military.
Take Care ,
Mick

Georgesgran Wed 08-Jul-20 18:50:04

Good evening from Durham - it’s dull, but calm. Had to respond to mrswoo who has been up to Craster - one of my favourite places. Perhaps you ventured to Bamburgh - that castle!!! However, we don’t want to boast, or the place will be overrun! Dunstanburgh just ‘moves’ me - no idea why, but at a charity auction years ago, DH almost had to sit on me, as I outbid the room for a watercolour of it! Just beautiful!

Spent today at Hospital with DH. Treatment going ‘ok’ back there next Tuesday for ‘another long day’.

Best wishes to all. Take care. X

Grammaretto Wed 08-Jul-20 13:41:32

Good afternoon everyone.
Funny weather here in the Scottish Borders. I hosted my knitting group in the garden until the rain started. It was hot and sunny until then. Without access to the bathroom, they wouldn't have been able to stay much longer.
I am glad that most of you are enjoying a bit more "normality".
Mick is a positive trailblazer.
I'm not in a hurry to get back to shops or cafes though I hope they don't all disappear. Sad to see Laura Ashley in administration and Debenhams.
Keep safe and enjoy the day.

grandMattie Wed 08-Jul-20 12:56:17

Urms, the humidity was dreadful... An English friend once said that mould would grow on you if you sat down too long! ?

Nannytopsy Wed 08-Jul-20 12:37:46

Good afternoon everyone! Sorry I am so late but DD & SiL came yesterday and stayed overnight. It was wonderful to see them, to have people to talk to and share food with. After the full English this morning, they have headed off to Yorkshire in the camper. I hope the weather improves! We have their dog for 10 days grin
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:20:30

Good Morning all, from cloudy but dry Harrogate. Yesterday I did a load of baking which will probably take me through to next week. Was face timed this am by DD and GD, GD was very busy making a mass on the floor with her railway track, and putting obstructions on the track to see what happens. That was my chatterbox 4 year old GD. It's quite chilly here, might just go and make some veggie soup!!

Lilactime75 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:15:31

We had a holiday at Craster in a cottage facing the harbour. Loved kipper buns and had kippers every morning for breakfast. Mouth watering just thinking of them.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:14:21

Good morning from again a very cool north. I had to put the heating on last night for a couple of hours. I watched the wonderful programme about Arthur Ashe. A great gentleman.
I am going to the tip today where most of the skips have been removed. There are only two instead of the usual 9 or 10, one for rubbish and one for garden waste. Most cars had to leave with the contents as what was allowed in the rubbish skip was very limited indeed. The glass, paint, oil and textile containers were all closed. No wonder there is fly tipping and people are having risky bonfires. I braved the garden centre but they are very short on deliveries and the choice was restricted. However I treated myself/garden to a couple of new plants and will put them in between cloudbursts.
scentia sympathy to your daughter. So difficult.
To everyone else have the best day you can.

moggie57 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:12:47

Not a good morning here .as soon as i get up neighbours in flat downstairs start slamming doors.reported them twice.it stops for a few days then starts up am on edge all the time.but on a good note blackbird is singibg his heart out .wood pigein coo ing and jackdaw waiting for his lunch and fat ball bird food.home exchange fell through.so bit depressed.still i got rid of a load of unwanted junk

Lilactime75 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:12:40

Good morning - just! Grey day here, very still but dry. Off for picnic lunch meeting with daughter and grandsons at Harlow Carr RHS gardens. Love visiting gardens. Take care all.

mrswoo Wed 08-Jul-20 10:59:25

Good morning from a grey Newcastle. It's not raining (yet) so, ever the optimist I'm doing a couple of loads of washing a d hope to hang them out.
Yesterday we had our first day out since lockdown a d drive to Craster on the Northumberland coast. It was lovely to get out and have a walk. We ate kippers in a bun for lunch - no, really, they were delicious and really enjoyed the change of scene.
I hope everyone has the best day possible.

EllanVannin Wed 08-Jul-20 10:49:04

Good Morning All x
Another dull day and it looks very wet out there too so it's obviously rained for most of the night it would appear. At least we haven't got those gales.

Had a lovely hour and a half chat last night when my stepD rang. We talk about all kinds of things and have a laugh in between. StepD and my D are very close and she's also supportive of the present situation within the family.

Lockdown has made things very difficult as she said she wishes she could come and see me, it's awful really. We haven't seen each other since Christmas when she stayed with me.

I noticed that the local post office was open yesterday for a couple of hours so that's a relief as I need postage stamps and also cards to go to Oz. I had visions of having to go into the village one so panic over. It's a " one at a time " affair because you have to ring the doorbell before being allowed in. Fair enough, it suits me.

I should really continue sorting drawers and the wardrobe but I keep hopping from one thing to another and not really getting anything achieved in one particular area. I suppose if the truth be known I don't want to do anything grin and there's nowhere to put stuff or many places open to receive it. Ah well, never mind.

Hoping everyone continues to remain well and safe and usual thoughts to those experiencing problems or ills. xx
I'm another who envies the glorious steady weather in France and Spain, just a week of it would do me right now I don't ask for much. However, enjoy those lovely countries x I did !

gillgran Wed 08-Jul-20 10:36:40

Good Morning to you all, from a damp, overcast Cambs.,
We had the first rain for ages yesterday, very welcome for the gardens & growers.

Have an Ocado delivery at lunchtime today, good to get stocked up again.

Not doing much these days, as DH's recovery from op., last week is slower than we had hoped, he is still in pain & discomfort.

Good wishes to you all,

Take Care Folks.

CherryCezzy Wed 08-Jul-20 10:35:28

Good morning. It's grey. It's drizzy. In Gower , again.

I must have slept funny last night ? as my left shoulder muscle is very tight. It was a struggle in the shower, getting dried and dressed ?

Got the plumber coming to fix the upstairs toilet around midday so my WP is the one on cleaning duty because I can't manage it ? ?

Marydoll, definitely don't overdo it please! That cough sounds very nasty, I hope it subsided quickly for you ?

Scentia I'm sure you are doing so but just envelop your DD in love. A lovely plan for Friday ?

Thanks Gillybob

On a little note about little ones, one of my wonderful aunts used to say - " when you're 2 it's a long day but there's so much to do. You'll be a bit wild but you're only a child, when you're older you'll be mild but there's even more to do as the days go so quick".

Take care, stay safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 08-Jul-20 09:46:52

Morning all from a damp but warm South Notts. I don't mind the rain as it saves me from lugging watering cans about.
Nothing planned so I'll please myself though the ironing beckons.
Hope the day treats us all well, especially those with worries or illness.

Puzzler61 Wed 08-Jul-20 09:45:16

I like your dearly loved DH’s responses Justwidowed, mine comes out with gems like that too.
Very happy you have had your hair done, bet you feel a million dollars. I’m hanging on, it’s got past being a short pixie cut and I fancy growing it a bit more and going for a different style. ??‍?
Have a happy Wednesday ?

gillybob Wed 08-Jul-20 09:42:14

Thank you Justwidowed it won’t be for the lack of trying on my part . I’m just waiting for a little confidence to return to the manufacturing industry . smile

gillybob Wed 08-Jul-20 09:40:29

Snap Grandmabatty I got about 15 of quiet reading time too . The other 10 hours were crazy . How on Earth she manages to fight the sleep I don’t know . As my DD says “she’s 2 , so much to do and not enough time in the day” grin

Justwidowed Wed 08-Jul-20 09:38:15

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy but still dry Lancashire. We didn't get the very heavy rain that was forecast for yesterday so the gutters didn't overflow.
Had my long awaited hairdressers appointment yesterday and feel like a new woman. If I said that once I probably said it a dozen times and my husband always responded "So do I",my response was * you struggle to cope with me so couldn't manage a new one". He always laughed.
Hope Gillybob gets an order soon and Marydoll continues to improve.
Enjoy your day whatever you're doing or wherever you're going and stay safe.

Greyduster Wed 08-Jul-20 09:32:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey, damp, cold South Yorkshire. A late post from me today though I have been up for ages. The garden looks really dreary. DS and DiL are coming for lunch today and I’ve been finishing off last minute bits and bobs. Having cut through one of my finger nails yesterday wasn’t helpful and it hurts. I had hoped we would maybe get a walk in this afternoon, but it looks unlikely now. Ok, that’s all my doom and gloom. Have a good day folks.

Grandmabatty Wed 08-Jul-20 09:24:30

Good morning all from central Scotland which is shivering under grey skies today - again. A bit like Groundhog Day. I had two busy days babysitting my little wolverine and, like another poster, he does not nap so we were playing with cars a lot. He's 17 months and is adorable. I managed 15 minutes on my lap reading stories but the rest of the time he is Billy Whizz. Today will be quieter. I'm popping over to have a chat with my mum. She is a very difficult character so I do a lot of smiling and nodding with teeth firmly gritted. She won't be here forever so I put up with the comments. Anyway I must get organised. Have a good day x

Susan56 Wed 08-Jul-20 09:14:43

Good morning from Shropshire where a day of sunshine and showers is forecast.

Accounts and shopping delivery today?

We got our new curtains,bedding and lampshades yesterday.All we need now is the new bed and furniture!Hopefully being delivered at the end of this month??

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 08-Jul-20 08:57:53

That sentence sounds so much nicer in French grandMattie! (assume its French!). That weather sounded pretty tropical & humid. I’m not sure I could cope with that either!
?

Anniebach Wed 08-Jul-20 08:56:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Wed 08-Jul-20 08:52:05

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Hairdresser appointment came and went with no show so I sent her a text, back it came "i'm on my way". Appointment was 10.30 but I think she must have written down 11.30, never mind it happened and I have shorter hair than DH now.
After lunch we had a run out in the car to *gillybob" town, quieter than I have seen it for months. Surprised to find the fairground open, so many rides with seats and handrails to be sanitised.
DH noticed the ice cream shop open and his eyes lit up, I really did not fancy a cornet as it was cool and windy.
Watched the entire series of The secret she keeps last night, I enjoyed it but DH kept picking holes in it and said it was cliched.
Must spend time on the computer today as it is DIL's birthday next week and will order some nice smellies.
DS says their holiday in second half of August will probably go ahead as they will drive to Ullapool and board ferry then drive straight to a remote cottage so very little contact with anyone.
They do not like it too hot and preference is for Highlands and Islands and sometimes Iceland.
There are new cases of the virus in our town, I predicted that when I saw the pubs open.

Largolass Wed 08-Jul-20 08:49:20

Good Morning and as Brunette has just said it's a dull and somewhat cool morning here in Fife.
My dishwasher packed in at the beginning of lockdown so I'm patiently awaiting its replacement this morning? however I quite enjoy hand washing dishes find it very therapeutic.
Cleaner also coming this morning so if DW arrives soon we'll be off out for a couple of hours and have a take away lunch.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday.