Gransnet forums

Chat

Something to make you laugh, I hope.

(41 Posts)
Dinahmo Thu 09-Jul-20 22:18:10

This was sent to me by a friend. I do hope that so,e of you will find it amusing.

> Kids were asked questions about the old and new testaments. The following 25 statements about the bible were written by children. They have not been retouched or corrected. incorrect spelling has been left in.
>
> 1. In the first book of the bible, Guinness. god got tired of creating the world so he took the sabbath off.
>
> 2. Adam and eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's wife was Joan of ark. Noah built and ark and the animals came on in pears.
>
> 3. Lots wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.
>
> 4. The jews were a proud people and throughout history they had trouble with unsympathetic genitals.
>
> 5. Sampson was a strongman who let himself be led astray by a Jezebel like Delilah.
>
> 6. Samson slayed the philistines with the axe of the apostles.
>
> 7. Moses led the jews to the red sea where they made unleavened bread, which is bread without any ingredients.
>
> 8. The egyptians were all drowned in the dessert. Afterwards, Moses went up to mount cyanide to get the ten commandments.
>
> 9. The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.
>
> 10. The seventh commandment is thou shalt not admit adultery.
>
> 11. Moses died before he ever reached canada then Joshua led the hebrews in the battle of geritol.
>
> 12. The greatest miricle in the bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.
>
> 13. David was a hebrew king who was skilled at playing the liar. He fought the Finkelsteins, a race of people who lived in biblical times.
>
> 14. Solomon, one of Davids sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.
>
> 15. When Mary heard she was the mother of Jesus, she sang the magna carta.
>
> 16. When the three wise guys from the east side arrived they found Jesus in the manager.
>
> 17. Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.
>
> 18. St. John the blacksmith dumped water on his head.
>
> 19. Jesus enunciated the golden rule, which says to do unto others before they do one to you. He also explained a man doth not live by sweat alone.
>
> 20. It was a miricle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.
>
> 21. The people who followed the lord were called the 12 decibels.
>
> 22. The epistels were the wives of the apostles.
>
> 23. One of the oppossums was St. Matthew who was also a taximan.
>
> 24. St. Paul cavorted to christianity, he preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marraige.
>
> 25. Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.
>
>
>
>
> Virus-free. www.avg.com

DiscoGran Fri 10-Jul-20 12:23:57

These are great, very cute! Out of the mouths of babes.

RubyGran Fri 10-Jul-20 12:26:29

Thank you Dinahmo, my husband and I have been in stitches laughing at this! My stomach muscles haven't had such a workout for ages!

ExD Fri 10-Jul-20 12:53:58

Dinahmo to copy and post something sometimes (not always) if I highlight the picture, it can take several 'tries' to highlight it, and then RIGHT click my mouse it brings down a box where you'll see 'copy'. So you Left click on 'copy'. Then Ctrl V lets you post it.
I'm a complete ninny at computing and sometimes the box that drops down doesn't have the option to 'copy' in it - it can take lots of tries but if you have a touch screen I don't know if you can do that.
Surely someone on here will have more idea than me!!??

Witzend Fri 10-Jul-20 13:20:40

Brilliant! Will pass it on.

On a similar theme, I heard something funny on R4 some years ago. Someone was saying that he and his wife would often say, ‘How’s the drink situation?’ when expecting guests.

So one day when their young daughter came back from Sunday school, they asked what she’d she’d been doing or learning.

‘She told us a story - it was all about Jesus and the Drink Situation.’ ?

farview Fri 10-Jul-20 17:14:49

Really needed that..have had a hell of a time for two weeks..sooo fed up...think that's the most that I've laughed in ages..thank you Dinahmo...?

Jomarie Fri 10-Jul-20 17:23:49

Another grateful gran here Dinahmo - laughed till I cried - so many favourites but number 12 hit the spot for me !

BBbevan Fri 10-Jul-20 17:28:07

Lovely, thank you

Can I add. “King Horrid killed the babies”, infant answer in a Nativity play

EllanVannin Fri 10-Jul-20 17:37:44

No.24--acrimony grin

" Lead us not into Thames station " was one in my primary school.

Dinahmo Sat 11-Jul-20 10:21:45

Love the additions.

ExD Sat 11-Jul-20 10:30:27

How about the Lord's Prayer.?
Our Father which art in heaven, Harold be thy name

callgirl1 Sat 11-Jul-20 16:17:37

Thank you for those Dinah, I laughed at every one!

AGAA4 Sat 11-Jul-20 16:28:38

So funny! Children are good at getting things a bit wrong and creating howlers.

merlotgran Sat 11-Jul-20 16:39:03

Thank you, Dinahmo I've just read these out to DH.

We love the thought of Mary singing the Magna Carta grin

gulligranny Sat 11-Jul-20 17:41:56

I like the idea of bread without any ingredients - a surefire diet delight!

Eloethan Sat 11-Jul-20 21:27:38

That was so funny. I laughed out loud at

"Jews having trouble with "unsympathetic genitals"

"thou shalt not admit adultery"

and "Solomon had 300 wives and 700 porcupines" (hilarious).

Thank you so much.