Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Jul-20 06:14:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start this morning here in Brackley .
Plans for the day , intending going by bus to Buckingham and Bicester both ways .
After that the much needed hair cut .
My right big toe still giving pain but not to much , dug out some cosyfoot wide fighting shoes I have ,also ordered some more, think the problem is normal shoe width can in cases like this cause that problem.
Take care ,
Mick

Nortsat Sat 11-Jul-20 08:20:35

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London.

We plan some significant pruning today and we’ll try out the new garden tools we invested in.
We need to finalise our online grocery order for Monday.

This evening we are going to watch the live stream from Ronnie Scott’s and have a takeaway. Then we can pretend we are actually at Ronnie Scott’s... except the wine waiter will be very familiar.

Have a good day all and ? to those facing challenges. ?

kittylester Sat 11-Jul-20 08:22:05

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

I am going to walk to the village shops today and get some flowers. Our lovely florist has been dropping some off every week but I'm going to be brave this week.

As there are 2 matches on tv today I am on fry up duty too.

And, i really must clean the silver!!

Newquay Sat 11-Jul-20 08:22:19

Morning from a sunny Staffs. Mowing lawn and cleaning some inside windows for me today as window cleaners can’t come in for now.
We’ve booked to go to our usual mobile home in Cornwall on 25th-will we be welcome I wonder? We’ll prebook walking in local NT properties; local fish and chip shop, will arrange supermarket delivery.

Nannytopsy Sat 11-Jul-20 08:30:39

Urms making the patchwork is piecing, then stitching the layers together is quilting. It can be by hand or on the machine, straight lines or patterns.
I enjoy the quilting but find it tricky these days with arthritic fingers.

Grandmabatty Sat 11-Jul-20 08:31:36

Good morning All. It was sunny and bright earlier but has clouded over now, unfortunately. I've had a relatively busy week so today is going to be a quiet day. Some housework and gardening is all. I need to pop to my daughter with attachments for my kitchen aid mixer she borrowed. She makes amazing cakes and cupcakes and often people will order from her. Right now she has a couple of orders on the go, so borrowed my big machine to make it easier. That, plus a full time job and a wee one makes her a busy woman! I visited my bereaved friend yesterday and we had a nice chat about her mum and past times. Enjoy the day, everyone.

harrigran Sat 11-Jul-20 08:37:22

Good morning from a brighter NE.
It has been April weather all week.
DH is out for his newspaper and delivering his brother's birthday card, can't rely on Royal mail, hardly ever see a postman round here.
DIL says they will do a video call tonight, she has been talking to my sister so I will be interested to hear how she is coping.
Have some movement back in my left hand so have no excuse not to do anything.
Enjoy your weekend, safely.

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 08:56:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Justwidowed Sat 11-Jul-20 09:00:20

Good morning Mick and everyone. An still in bed but need to rise soon before the roofers come .I thought the work might have been delayed due to the rain earlier this week but he confirmed his arrival last night.
May bake later but then again maybe not.At some stage today I shall be watching Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.Its on you tube the show must go on,its available until 8pm Sunday and stars Donny Osmond,Joan Collins and Richard Attenborough. I saw a preview and it looked fantastic.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Puzzler61 Sat 11-Jul-20 09:01:27

Good morning All from sunny Worcs.
I’m a real lazybones and have not been awake long - just coming to with a cup of mint tea.
It’s back to garden living today, do some weeding and bimble about outside in my baggy gardening shorts, evening barbecue (no visitors, just DH, me and the tabby girl) and a few glasses of Thatchers Gold cider - sorry, not advertising but it’s my favourite.
I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and has a return to summer sunshine. Take care ?

Greyduster Sat 11-Jul-20 09:04:15

Good morning Mick and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. I have had a sip of coffee and am now into the post wake up sneezing fit - seven so far. We are planning a walk down the valley today. DH wants to see if the pub is open. I’ve told him I’m not ready for the pub yet - even if it’s half a pint of Guinness in the beer garden. I had my hair cut yesterday and had to psych myself up all week for that!
Have a good safe day, folks, whatever you’re doing.

Grammaretto Sat 11-Jul-20 09:05:47

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where I have been driven indoors by the chilly wind. I 'll have to put on some warmer clothes before venturing out again.

It's DH's 75th birthday today and I have promised to bake his favourite ginger cake.
Cards and presents have been arriving including a homemade card from DGS in NZ. I tried to print it but the ink ran out of course it did so I will try to get it printed today before the tea party this afternoon.

Only hope it stays fine.
Have a lovely day everyone whatever you do.

gillybob Sat 11-Jul-20 09:11:13

Good morning from the NE coast where it’s dry and cloudy . We had torrential rain for most of yesterday and at 13 degrees it was more like late Autumn than mid summer.

I was full of hope of getting an order before I left “that place” yesterday but it didn’t materialise so I didn’t sleep very well last night . I put the lottery on last night thinking that maybe fate would step in but sadly not . This next week will be critical.

Hoping to potter in the garden a bit today . The shed roof is leaking and I have had the felt to redo it for ages but not sure where to start . My DS said he would do it for us but he’s got plenty on his plate with 3 children . Might look on YouTube for a tutorial. It’s amazing what you can learn from watching someone else do it.

Thinking of our missing friends and those with poorlinesses or worries.
Have as good a Saturday as possible everyone.
Love Gillybob xx

Puzzler61 Sat 11-Jul-20 09:17:38

Happy Birthday ? ? ? to Mr Grammaretto
Hope the day warms up, but if not the ginger cake will warm you from the inside ?

BladeAnnie Sat 11-Jul-20 09:21:51

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts . Having a socially distanced garden visit from DD2 and partner and step son1 so hopefully it will stay nice. We have a fairly big garden so room to spread out and shout to each other!! Football on the big screen and pizza later. Hope we all have the best day possible and please stay safe x

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 09:26:45

?? kitty

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 09:28:35

Thank you for explaining NannyTopsy as anything involving a needle and thread is beyond me!

Susan56 Sat 11-Jul-20 09:40:18

Good morning from sunny Shropshire?

DGD staying so an early start to the day.We are making slime and crystal rainbows today??‍?

DH tripped over coming out of the garage last night?banged his head and twisted his hand.I just saw him falling to the floor,didn’t realise he had tripped,thought he had had a heart attack.He seems ok today so hopefully no ill effects.Gave me a heck of a fright though.

Have a good Saturday all.

Kalu Sat 11-Jul-20 09:45:43

Good morning all from a wet and breezy Glasgow. Summer??

Yesterday was a fun day, washing out, rain, .so washing in, sun out, washing out, rain again and I gave up. I’m sure someone was playing with a light switch up there, bright, dull and so it continued.

Twice yesterday I noticed a mouse appearing from under the range. We pulled it out and sure enough, plenty mouse droppings near a gap where flooring meets the wall. Scrubbed and disinfected the area then closed the gap. Poor cat was getting the blame for bringing these visitors home. ?

A belated Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Gingster. Sorry I missed you yesterday.

The sun is out but I’m not holding me breath hoping it stays all day?

Have a pleasant day all and best wishes to those having difficulties.

Sallywally1 Sat 11-Jul-20 09:53:08

Good morning from sunny south london. Going to be busy for us as our older is moving tomorrow with her adorable four month old baby and we are helping her. Just going to pick up a hire van. It’s a bit difficult as she won’t put the baby down, but hopefully we will get there! Wish us luck.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 10:28:19

Good Morning All x.
Lovely sunshine 2 hrs ago, but it's gone and has clouded over sad Not liking this weather at all and I've got an awful feeling that this is what we're going to get for the rest of the year. It's very unsettled.

I'm going to risk getting the washing done though to get it out of the way.
Speaking of ginger cake, mum used to make parkin which was delicious. I could just eat a chunk of it. That and her Bakewell pies and enormous lemon meringues. It was like living with Desperate Dan with the size of mums pies----she didn't do dainty grin Pasties like dinosaurs ! I miss them all.

Urmston, I've actually got 3 pkts of crumpets in the freezer now, so mounting up nicely.
I'd love to hear parakeets round here but the poor things would be wind-blown by the sea, I don't think they'd like that. We have to be satisfied with the gulls drowning out the birdsong.

GrandMattie, that cover is beautiful, a real labour of love. I used to have a very large knitted quilt, made by an aunt, and it was so lovely, heavy too but I never knew whatever happened to it at all. Things go " missing " when you move. Also a lovely print ready for framing, which was a jacaranda tree in full bloom which I'd bought in Oz---that vanished too.

Haven't seen Grandmafrench, unless I've missed her. I hope all's well with her anyway. x

Gillybob I've got everything crossed for you girl should some luck come your way x. I really hope so as things are going to be tough.

I "might" just get a visit from D today. She's wary of visiting since the children started back at school mixing with others so this " no contact " looks like continuing with her sad I told her I was willing to take the chance/risk but she won't.
After 4 months I'm getting bored now as the last time she called was before the children returned to school.

Found half a chicken in the freezer, so that's now in the fridge thawing for tomorrow. I'd forgotten it was there, so that's tomorrow sorted. It's today I'm in a quandary about but I'll think of something. There are some new pots here so I'll start from that.

I sincerely hope that all is well with everyone, love hearing about the Spanish jaunts smile Thoughts to BlueSapphire as she struggles on. x To anyone whose life is difficult at the moment. Take care all and stay safe. xx

Keep an eye on that toe Mick, feet are vulnerable when you have diabetes.

Grandmafrench Sat 11-Jul-20 10:33:13

Good Morning everyone! from S of France. You can see it's going to be all chores today - hence my larking about on here looking at everyone's plans and avoiding "getting on with it". However, can confirm that Sun's out, sun's hot, sky's blue, wind's warm, lawn mower's out, pool vacuum's connected, feet are bare and ......coffee's on !

Corner - oooh, your own shed! Lucky lady. Hope you will make room for some special bits as well as a comfy chair!
Beechnut Am I the only one who had to Google "yarn bombing" I wonder? Guess so. I catch up but only to find that it could be bad for plant life! Is there anything left that isn't "bad" these days in life? Hope it gave you some sightseeing pleasure - wonderful to have such talents.

Urms we shall tiptoe around in future because it's light here some 3/4 of an hour before you. I actually feel it's light much earlier than that when the birdies start their shouting...but's it's not the same as actual sunRISE, obvs.

NanKate Do hope you get your sleep problems resolved soon after all that palaver. Lins Mmm, wealth signalling? Kitty the same grin Brook and GreyDuster how I'd love those walks right now - and the sarnies. Scentia so glad things seem to be getting better for your DD. NannyT Well done you on-the-telly-person you!

Marydoll you must have a fish addiction or the patience of a saint, or both. I hate rudeness especially in those who want to be paid for a service. But, suppose you all had a laugh out of it, including the queuing audience. Enjoy your day with the family in the dubious company of that naked wench. grin

Nortstat I'm still waiting for a STILL moment in the Buddleia to capture a photo of my Swallowtails. And Ronnie Scott's, what memories. My friend Liane plays there from time to time.

Happy Anniversary The Gingsters for yesterday. A very Happy Birthday to Mr Grammaretto - Mrs G's favourite Gingerbread Man.

Gilly I'd do that shed roof. You need to take control and get some satisfaction for your efforts for a change. x Susan how awfully frightening for you both. Do hope that he's feeling better this morning and over any shock. Falls are awful.

France's R level has gone up! Oh dear, so we will keep on with the masks and distancing and keep hoping. It would be interesting to see a mandatory wearing of masks everywhere in public, just for a period of time to judge whether it made an appreciable difference in infection levels. Until things are mandatory, of course, there is always going to be argument and conjecture and no real plan tested.

Keep everything crossed that your day will be a good one, everyone. Seems that the better weather has returned. Enjoy every minute of it, whatever you are doing. Ciao for now. Hugs

Grandmafrench Sat 11-Jul-20 10:35:16

Morning Ellan, I knew your post would follow grin. I'm well thanks. You please have a good day. If your DD doesn't materialise, it's only because she loves you - and worries. x

GrannyGravy13 Sat 11-Jul-20 11:09:28

Good morning Mick and all x

The blue sky is rapidly disappearing behind the clouds here in S E Essex. No plans for today, just pottering inside and out I guess.

Marydoll Skate is my favourite fish, so easy to cook give it a go ?

Our five year old GS had the stabilisers taken off of his bike yesterday and after telling DD to leave him alone as he was going to ride on his own he did just that, straight away. So today she has taken him down to the beach (she is heading your way Sar53 ) so that he can cycle along the pathway.

GrandpaGravy is on dinner duty this evening, duck breasts with new pots and lots of veggies.

Happy Anniversary for yesterday The Gingsters and Happy Birthday Mr.Grammaretto

Keep safe and well folks ?

CherryCezzy Sat 11-Jul-20 11:31:53

Good morning everyone, sun is shining and the sky is blue here in the Gower ? The moon was in the sky until 10am, I know it happens from time to time, even into the afternoon, but it always holds a fascination for me.

I had a lovely day with my friend yesterday. We went for an endless walk in the woods and, where the wood splits into two, we came across a little stall set up. I've seen it before but not for a very long time. They sell wood carving and wooden beads etc. We had a look but didn't buy (seemed mean but ..).
I was exhausted for the rest of the day ? It just showed how unfit I have become during lockdown, hey ho ? but I think I do need to get out more now!

Happy birthday to your DH Grammaretto ? ???

Hope your DH has only twisted his wrist Susan.

Mick we could all do with a pair of fighting shoes ?
They might help us battle through some of our difficulties, gillybob and BlueSapphire I'm thinking of you two in particular.

Stay safe, I hope you all have some pleasure this weekend.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 11:47:11

Susan I hope your DH is alright. What a fall ! I don't like hearing about bangs on heads---I bet there's an " egg " there. So long as the bruising comes out he'll be okay, hope so anyway. The wrist will probably have sprained, hopefully. It would have given you a scare so to be hope he rests up today.