Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Jul-20 06:14:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start this morning here in Brackley .
Plans for the day , intending going by bus to Buckingham and Bicester both ways .
After that the much needed hair cut .
My right big toe still giving pain but not to much , dug out some cosyfoot wide fighting shoes I have ,also ordered some more, think the problem is normal shoe width can in cases like this cause that problem.
Take care ,
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 11-Jul-20 11:59:41

Morning all from South Notts. Pale skies with dark clouds - what will the weather do? I feel it may rain.
Would love to see the finished article grandMattie as what you've shown us looks good. Patchwork has been an interest (obsession?) of mine for around forty years. Lockdown has been a good opportunity to complete some long overdue projects.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially hose with illness or worries.

grandMattie Sat 11-Jul-20 12:21:49

ilove, I only started Patchwork after a WI residential course last autumn. I had tried before but was very badly taught. So this one is only my third!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 11-Jul-20 12:44:49

Your effort looks good though @grandMattie with sharp points on your triangles (that's not a euphemism!) which is quite a feat, even for those of us with more experience.

Faith11 Sat 11-Jul-20 12:52:45

Hi Urmston. Just joined today. I have just moved to Yorkshire from Sotogrande in Southern Spain where I lived for 15 years. I will look forward to what is happening in Malaga. X

Susan56 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:19:41

Thank you Ellan.Yes,he has an egg on his head?and now some spectacular bruising down one side.He says he is feeling fine but we are having a quiet day.He thinks it gave me more of a fright than it gave him.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 13:38:50

Oh Susan What shock for you both! Take it easy.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 13:54:31

Silly me, I'd not long remembered that D and children go to the Lakes to visit their sibling for the day today so she wouldn't have been calling anyway.
They usually spend the day in Morecambe so I hope it stays fine, unlike last week when they got drenched.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 14:01:45

Welcome Faith11, it's lovely here. Fancy joining our weather grin, oh dear.
I love hearing about people's escapades abroad, as well as surrounding areas of course, takes me back.

Yorkshire's a good place to be though. Relatives I used to stay with were from Riddlesdon/Keighley.

CherryCezzy Sat 11-Jul-20 14:38:12

Susan, eek - I don't like the sound of that, has he or you consulted a GP or rung 101? He must have taken quite a whack rather than just a bang to his head. I don't mean to scare but watch out for delayed concussion. Take care.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 14:41:57

God’s own country eh Faith11?
Happy to welcome you on here ?

I’ve read of Sotogrande in the newspapers. Posh innit?
?
My postings are from a less exclusive area - but I hope you enjoy them nonetheless!
?

P.s. we do like to be told how much your house is worth.

(Joke) ?

Susan56 Sat 11-Jul-20 16:00:53

Thank you Cherry and Mary.Am keeping an eye on him Cherry.x