Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Jul-20 06:14:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start this morning here in Brackley .
Plans for the day , intending going by bus to Buckingham and Bicester both ways .
After that the much needed hair cut .
My right big toe still giving pain but not to much , dug out some cosyfoot wide fighting shoes I have ,also ordered some more, think the problem is normal shoe width can in cases like this cause that problem.
Take care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Sat 11-Jul-20 09:05:47

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where I have been driven indoors by the chilly wind. I 'll have to put on some warmer clothes before venturing out again.

It's DH's 75th birthday today and I have promised to bake his favourite ginger cake.
Cards and presents have been arriving including a homemade card from DGS in NZ. I tried to print it but the ink ran out of course it did so I will try to get it printed today before the tea party this afternoon.

Only hope it stays fine.
Have a lovely day everyone whatever you do.

Greyduster Sat 11-Jul-20 09:04:15

Good morning Mick and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. I have had a sip of coffee and am now into the post wake up sneezing fit - seven so far. We are planning a walk down the valley today. DH wants to see if the pub is open. I’ve told him I’m not ready for the pub yet - even if it’s half a pint of Guinness in the beer garden. I had my hair cut yesterday and had to psych myself up all week for that!
Have a good safe day, folks, whatever you’re doing.

Puzzler61 Sat 11-Jul-20 09:01:27

Good morning All from sunny Worcs.
I’m a real lazybones and have not been awake long - just coming to with a cup of mint tea.
It’s back to garden living today, do some weeding and bimble about outside in my baggy gardening shorts, evening barbecue (no visitors, just DH, me and the tabby girl) and a few glasses of Thatchers Gold cider - sorry, not advertising but it’s my favourite.
I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and has a return to summer sunshine. Take care ?

Justwidowed Sat 11-Jul-20 09:00:20

Good morning Mick and everyone. An still in bed but need to rise soon before the roofers come .I thought the work might have been delayed due to the rain earlier this week but he confirmed his arrival last night.
May bake later but then again maybe not.At some stage today I shall be watching Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.Its on you tube the show must go on,its available until 8pm Sunday and stars Donny Osmond,Joan Collins and Richard Attenborough. I saw a preview and it looked fantastic.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 08:56:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Sat 11-Jul-20 08:37:22

Good morning from a brighter NE.
It has been April weather all week.
DH is out for his newspaper and delivering his brother's birthday card, can't rely on Royal mail, hardly ever see a postman round here.
DIL says they will do a video call tonight, she has been talking to my sister so I will be interested to hear how she is coping.
Have some movement back in my left hand so have no excuse not to do anything.
Enjoy your weekend, safely.

Grandmabatty Sat 11-Jul-20 08:31:36

Good morning All. It was sunny and bright earlier but has clouded over now, unfortunately. I've had a relatively busy week so today is going to be a quiet day. Some housework and gardening is all. I need to pop to my daughter with attachments for my kitchen aid mixer she borrowed. She makes amazing cakes and cupcakes and often people will order from her. Right now she has a couple of orders on the go, so borrowed my big machine to make it easier. That, plus a full time job and a wee one makes her a busy woman! I visited my bereaved friend yesterday and we had a nice chat about her mum and past times. Enjoy the day, everyone.

Nannytopsy Sat 11-Jul-20 08:30:39

Urms making the patchwork is piecing, then stitching the layers together is quilting. It can be by hand or on the machine, straight lines or patterns.
I enjoy the quilting but find it tricky these days with arthritic fingers.

Newquay Sat 11-Jul-20 08:22:19

Morning from a sunny Staffs. Mowing lawn and cleaning some inside windows for me today as window cleaners can’t come in for now.
We’ve booked to go to our usual mobile home in Cornwall on 25th-will we be welcome I wonder? We’ll prebook walking in local NT properties; local fish and chip shop, will arrange supermarket delivery.

kittylester Sat 11-Jul-20 08:22:05

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

I am going to walk to the village shops today and get some flowers. Our lovely florist has been dropping some off every week but I'm going to be brave this week.

As there are 2 matches on tv today I am on fry up duty too.

And, i really must clean the silver!!

Nortsat Sat 11-Jul-20 08:20:35

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London.

We plan some significant pruning today and we’ll try out the new garden tools we invested in.
We need to finalise our online grocery order for Monday.

This evening we are going to watch the live stream from Ronnie Scott’s and have a takeaway. Then we can pretend we are actually at Ronnie Scott’s... except the wine waiter will be very familiar.

Have a good day all and ? to those facing challenges. ?

Gelisajams Sat 11-Jul-20 08:18:36

Good morning from a bright Morecambe Bay from where I’m still in bed with my new mug of tea. It’s just not the same since my old Peter Rabbit mug went in the bin.sad
DH is out running. When he returns we must make a list of what we need to take away with us. We usually do B & B en route to Aberdeen, but this year we are taking the little camper. The camper is great for driving on narrow roads but it’s not got much room and it’s not very comfy for sleeping. So I’m not sure where we are going to put everything we need for 3 weeks self catering.
We don’t usually worry if we have forgotten something as we can always buy it but this year we shall still be avoiding the little shops as much as possible, even though I’ll feel safer on the island than I do here!
Need to get one of my clients grass cut today as well as it will be like a hay meadow when we return, and just hoe over our little patch in the church garden. Then I will try and finish the shirt I started to sew for DH. It’s been unpicked more than it’s been sewn otherwise it would have been finished by now.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 08:18:34

Good morning all from a cool, but sunny Glasgow, it's only 12° at the moment. It just makes me even more envious of Urmston and Pants. ?
Mick, I hope your foot continues to improve.

I love markets, Grandmattie, we don't have anything like that where we stay. I would like to try Skate, James Martin was cooking it on a programme the other day.
Yesterday, my friends suggested a walk, but I didn't feel too well , so declined. About half an hour later, my phone rang and I could here giggling. It was my friends who had spotted the elusive fish lady. This lady can be rather abrupt with customers, so I'm always overly pleasant. My friend whispered that the phone was on speaker phone, so that my other friend could hear, but to be careful what I said.?

It was a three way conversation between my me, my two friends and the sharp lady behind a screen in her van. Everytime I made a suggestion, my friend repeated it, but the lady kept interrupting, saying, I can hear her (me), no need to repeat what she is saying.
They were giggling, the two of them, like naughty school girls, socially distanced in a queue, with the other customers politely pretending they weren't listening. My friend said it was like a comedy sketch.
I did get my fish in the end : line caught haddock and fresh sea bass from the East Neuk of Fife. It was more expensive than a piece of fillet steak, but I have been craving fresh fish for ages!!

Our wee granddaughter is coming today, I'm dying to see her face when she sees her den. I have put battery operated fairy lights around the door and DD has strung sold lights in the trees. Simple things are what keeps us going.
DD will see DDG in the garden, as she is returning my car which she had to borrow. Hers is in the garage just now. Seeing her will be an added bonus.
I don't know who is more excited, my DD or my DGD.

Hoping Bluesapphire, is reading this and making progress and all of those who are struggling. Have the best day you can.

Nannytopsy Sat 11-Jul-20 08:14:32

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Enjoy your bus trip.
It was a cloudless morning in Suffolk the first time I woke but now there is a bit more cloud about. I hope it stays dry - weeding to be done and washing to dry.
Grandog and I dodged the showers yesterday but I took a photo which was used for the weather watchers photo on BBC Anglia at lunchtime. That’s an item off my bucket list!
DH is suffering mightily with his leg ulcers again, so another quiet day with his feet up.
Stay safe everyone.

Scentia Sat 11-Jul-20 08:12:18

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire the sun has his hat on today. I am going out for a walk with the pooch in a while and will have my first go at looking for a geocache before I go up to Whitby in a few weeks as I am going to take DH on a walk to find some in Grosmont. I need to know what I am doing before then!
DGS is being taken out to the Zoo by his auntie today and DD has said she will come over for a meander around the charity and antique shops (if we are allowed to meander yet!) When I saw her yesterday she had a bit of colour back in her cheeks and was showered and dressed lovely so I felt she is feeling a bit better after last weekend. Her DH is off on a cycle ride with his dad so I did not want her to be alone all day.
I must get a move on to be honest as I have made the mistake of putting the TV on and I am very comfy on the sofa!!
Hope you folks have the best day you can.

Gingster Sat 11-Jul-20 08:06:20

Good morning al and urs sunny and calm here on the Suffolk coast. We are heading back to Essex tomorrow for a couple of weeks, we have special birthdays in the family and it will be lovely to see them all. I think it will be one family at a time. Still not sure if the rules really.

Thank you for all your happy anniversary messages. Yes it was yesterday Pantglas. Thankyou. We had a very nice lunch out and all very well organised.

Your patchwork looks great, grandMattie . I made lots of hexagons over a few years but struggled to assemble them, so gave them to my sister in law and she made lots of different items with them. Bags, table runners, cushion covers, and handed the back to me, what a star ?.

Have a lovely day, all ?

grandMattie Sat 11-Jul-20 08:02:54

Urms, because I enjoy the mathematical problems and sewing patchwork! ?

brook2704 Sat 11-Jul-20 07:56:04

Good morning everyone from a dry Inverness with the sun just trying to pop out. Yesterday I managed to dodge the showers on the walk down to my friends house and we spent a lovely afternoon having coffee and chatting. Next week we’re going to brave it and go into town to see what’s open.
Today DH and I off for a longish walk in Glenmore in the Cairngorms. I’ll be making our posh cheese and pickle sandwiches soon and hope it’ll stay dry enough to eat them without sheltering under a tree! I love the outdoors and the scenery around there is beautiful.
Have a great Saturday everyone and hope those with worries and struggles have a gentle day, take care ?

Pittcity Sat 11-Jul-20 07:54:06

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Only going to reach 19° though.
I need to go to a couple of shops for things I can't get at Lidl...mask at the ready. I'm sure it will soon become second nature. I hope we won't be queuing outside come winter though.

Sar53 Sat 11-Jul-20 07:48:34

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. I think the weather has changed for the better for the weekend.
This was meant to be the weekend my daughter and family came for a visit. I spoke to her yesterday evening and she seemed a bit down. I think they are visiting a NT garden tomorrow.
We are going to one of our favourite local beaches for a walk later. We'll take a flask of coffee and a packet of biscuits. I may get the sewing machine out this afternoon.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone and stay safe xx

mancgirl Sat 11-Jul-20 07:45:47

I was thinking the same Urmston!

mancgirl Sat 11-Jul-20 07:43:05

Good morning from a sunny Manchester. Hope it remains so, we are having a family Bbq for ds1 birthday. Don't know why it's at HQ, as our house is referred to and not theirs! Well probably do but love us all being together after strange times. Cornergran love the faffing indoors. Urmston do you have Mas y Mas in your corner of Spain? You can get crumpets and marmalade from there! Have a good day everyone. (((hugs))) for those who need one and flowersfor those with extra cares and worries

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 07:42:56

That looks gorgeous grandMattie!
Can I just ask - if you hate it why do you spend an inordinate amount of time doing it?
?

MellowYellow Sat 11-Jul-20 07:42:54

Good morning everyone from a sunny south Cornwall. Beechnut I'm intrigued that you're going to see yarn bombing. We have whole streets of it in our town and I love it! Today my 4 year old granddaughter is coming to me, rather than go out with her brother and best friend and parents. We do art and she loves that. And I get to watch Peppa Pig and Sarah and Duck. Hope your toe is better soon Mick. A good, sane day to all.

Lins1066 Sat 11-Jul-20 07:35:22

Good Morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast. Hoping it will warm up here too mythbirtthedragon, this time last year I went to the Ladies semi at Wimbledon and it was lovely and warm. A great day and happy memories.
A belated Happy Anniversary to the Gingsters.
Fruit and veg delivery this morning. Our new patio furniture was delivered yesterday, and is all in the sitting room for now. We are having a new patio laid in the back garden, work starts on Tuesday.
Stay safe everyone.