Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(61 Posts)
grandMattie Sat 11-Jul-20 07:34:33

One half finished square. I hate quilting and do it one square at a time.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 11-Jul-20 07:19:01

Good morning from east London, sunny and blue outside, hopefully warming up. Nothing on the agenda for today, leg stretch likely at some point. Have been enjoying the Wimbledon replays on tele, although I can’t sit through whole matches again; just wished they’d show doubles as well as singles as I could do with a few tips.
Hope you have a good day.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 07:13:01

? NanKate

NanKate Sat 11-Jul-20 07:00:46

MorningMick and All.

We have parakeets here in the warm South East Urm they do a lot of squawking.

Slept all trussed up in the equipment from the Sleep Clinic, very relieved to dismantle my self this morning.

DS and 2 DGSs coming for the day. There will be lots of eating, laughing and footie I expect. ?‍♂️??⚽️⚽️

Pantglas2 Sat 11-Jul-20 06:45:21

Morning Mick and grandMattie from sunny Espana where I’m enjoying the chamberpot ☕️ whilst watching DH on the balcony do his rubber band exercises to alleviate his rotator cuff problem!

You’ll have to post a pic of the quilting when you’ve finished it grandMattie- I do like to see other folks handiwork especially as I’m not a creative needleworker myself - just the hemming/altering type!

Will do some yoga then prime the bench I sanded yesterday (mustn’t rush these things - I’m here for 10 weeks ?) then off to meet some friends at local cafeteria. Oh busy me!

Was it the Gingsters anniversary yesterday? If so ?and if I got mixed up with names sorreee!

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 06:44:35

X posts cornergran - great minds think alike - enjoy the pizza!
?

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 06:42:13

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s already warm ? and I can smell the pine trees. The seagulls woke me this morning about an hour ago, just after 6am. It’s dark here at that time, then as the sun peeps over the mountains it’s as if a switch has been flicked!

Just having my first cuppa and Himself is out on his walk. I got to thinking what breakfast foods I’m missing ‘out here’. Crumpets (looking at you EV for reminding me!), M&S porridge oats with an added handful of blueberries, Burford Brown eggs, sausages (not chorizo!) and Scottish marmalade - Mackays is my favourite. I’ve never seen marmalade of any sort out here.

But then, we have the sunshine, the sparkling blue sea, the bougainvillea, the cute small parakeets and the palm trees. Life here has its compensations in exchange for breakfast comestibles!

Had to laugh the other day. Saw a bar with a large corner terrace on the main dual carriageway up by the mini golf. It was called ‘Weatherspains’! Some people are very witty.

No plans today. Will probably go down to Juan’s for café sombra y tomato tostados after Himself has showered and been over the road to the barber. At €4 it’s definitely a ‘snip’!

No plans for dinner but my new summer rule is no cooking allowed at weekends.
?
Great legislation.

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Beechnut Sat 11-Jul-20 06:41:29

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is looking beautiful.

Perhaps Micks shoes are like the ones that Rosa Klebb wears in the James Bond film From Russia With Love grandMattie ? I think it’s on tv tonight.

As it’s a sunny morning I’ll go for a bike ride to look at some yarn bombing. Come back home and have breakfast then FaceTime with DD.

Have a lovely day all ?

cornergran Sat 11-Jul-20 06:34:40

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks like a brighter day ahead for our corner of Somerset. Mr C plans to finish sanding the outdoor furniture. I’ve got some indoor faffing to do then maybe finally get to emptying and sorting my little garden shed. That ones all mine smile. Pizza for tea, Saturday is easy food day here. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

grandMattie Sat 11-Jul-20 06:22:22

Good morning from a bright sunny E Kent. We’re due a sunny day, but the temperatures are still pretty low for July, in the high teens only.
Mick, I love the idea of Wide “fighting” Shoes. Are they armed with swords or guns? ?
Nothing on (again) today. I’ll carry on with my patchwork. Only 28 squares left for a 36 sq. quilt.
There is a new fishmonger , and there seems to be a market on Saturdays, as well as the full market on Thursday and a little one on Wednesdays. Seems like, we’ll have them most days. Fishmonger. DH has noticed that they do sea bass and skate wings. He loves the former and never tried the latter. We’ll get one of those. I’m Intolerant of fish, so shall have something else but I don’t mind cooking it unless it stinks.
Peace to those in pain or distress, have a good day all.

12Michael Sat 11-Jul-20 06:14:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start this morning here in Brackley .
Plans for the day , intending going by bus to Buckingham and Bicester both ways .
After that the much needed hair cut .
My right big toe still giving pain but not to much , dug out some cosyfoot wide fighting shoes I have ,also ordered some more, think the problem is normal shoe width can in cases like this cause that problem.
Take care ,
Mick