Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Mon 13-Jul-20 06:10:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its the start of another warm day here in Brackley this morning .
Nothing planned apart from a few choirs in the flat , and then settle back into my weekly routine .
I have been trying to plan a few days break at my favourite inland resort of Harrogate .
2 nights just B & B in a hotel I used allot in the 80`s , and also enquired as to rail travel its a case of pre book as well , thanks to social distancing .
Take Care ,
Mick

Aldom Mon 13-Jul-20 08:47:22

Good morning Mick and everyone. I recently realised that we live equidistant from each other Mick. You being North of the city and I am South. Good luck with your plans to visit Harrogate. My son was married there, so happy memories. Yesterday I gardened, gently, all looks cared for today. Just hoping the gardener will come to cut the grass. I'm off to an NWR meeting in a garden this afternoon. We'll be socially distanced of course. Hope all is well with you Marydol. Thinking of your daughter Kitty. It's sunny here at the moment, but the forecast suggests cloud later and light rain by 4pm. Better take my umbrella this afternoon ☔?️ Stay safe and well everyone.

Georgesgran Mon 13-Jul-20 08:49:07

Cool and cloudy here today in Durham - been raining earlier. Off to take DH to Surgery for pre chemo blood test. Nothing much planned for the day - just jobbing around.

Felt quite anxious yesterday with DD2 at Garden Centre, although very well organized and we were mostly outside. I should have been born in Harrogate (long story) and DM always told the tale of being stopped by ‘day trippers’ asking for directions to the sea!
Hope everyone had as good a day as they can. X

Greyduster Mon 13-Jul-20 08:49:14

Good morning Michael and all GNs. After a very hot day yesterday it has rained overnight and South Yorkshire is cooler for it. We had a walk yesterday and called into a pub we have used in the past for a drink in their garden, which is the size of half a football field. It was busy with families, but tables were set well apart and we enjoyed our small refreshment before going on our way. I had a very sleepless night last night so might not last the day without forty winks, but must do some ironing at least.
Have a good safe day folks.

Anniebach Mon 13-Jul-20 08:54:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Mon 13-Jul-20 08:54:37

Good morning from a dull NE where it rained overnight.
Quiet day yesterday with a Skype call from DD, she is going to spend one week of her holiday with her aunt in Germany.
Swelling and redness has subsided on my hand and the pain is bearable, yesterday I was able to hold a fork with that hand.
Hopefully get some fresh air today.
Thinking of Marydoll and morethan and all others with troubles.

Nortsat Mon 13-Jul-20 09:03:05

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London.

We have a full line of washing out, so I hope the sun continues to shine today.

We watched a lovely Imagine programme on the BBC last night about the Kanneh Mason family, who have seven children, all of whom are wonderful musicians. They all play stringed instruments including cello, violin and piano. The programme followed them playing and practicing during lockdown. They played Chopin, Shostakovich, Bob Marley and a lovely arrangement of Scarborough Fair. It was truly lovely to watch them working together and the music was beautiful. Well worth catching on iplayer.

Grocery delivery today. Then I plan to change all the cushion covers and wash them and the sofa throws. My word, what a thrilling existence...

Have a good day all and ?to those who need them. ?

BladeAnnie Mon 13-Jul-20 09:11:17

Good morning all from a dull mid-Notts - looking very much like we might soon have some rain. A couple of friends are coming later this morning for a garden visit- we may well be needing umbrellas!! Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Aldom Mon 13-Jul-20 09:11:58

Norstat Thank you for the tip about 'Imagine' I'll look for it on iplayer. Always good to have something uplifting to enjoy on TV. There's a film on iplayer called This Beautiful Amazing also uplifting and relaxing.

Aldom Mon 13-Jul-20 09:14:05

Sorry, the film is called This Beautiful Fantastic

GrannySomerset Mon 13-Jul-20 09:15:33

We loved the Imagine programme as well but wondered about how competitive family life might be and what a lot of meals and laundry were involved. Very impressive young musicians and I wanted to know about their upbringing and how you could possibly finance such amazing children.

Waiting for the chiropodist and then washing out and weeding I think. Not a lot of variety these days.

Hoping our various posters with challenging lives have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 13-Jul-20 09:22:05

Good morning all. I've just been feeling a bit under the weather for the last few days and not feeling too great. Another Gran called my new treatment the thug drug. My GP says it will be a least another month untill my system gets used to it, I just need to be patient.

Thanks all for your kind words, you are a lovely lot! ?

Urmstongran Mon 13-Jul-20 09:31:12

Aw it’s sweet of you to pop in Marydoll especially while you’re feeling meh.

Another Harrogate tie-in - my lovely neighbour lived there until she retired and came out here to live almost 20y ago. She used to have an antique shop on Montpelier Street.

Grammaretto Mon 13-Jul-20 09:31:14

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is far too cold and looks to be about to rain.. although we managed to have our breakfast outside.
I chased the Bucket lorry down the street, dragging the wheelie bin, but this time I didn't catch him. So another fortnight to wait. On the way home I met a council worker who is repainting all the pillar boxes scraping off the pigeon poo. He said he was glad to be out of furlough but that there was a huge backlog.

I also watched the TV programme Imagine and wondered about the back story. The DC were incredibly skilled. Shades of the Von Trapps?

Sending best wishes to Scentia and kitty for your daughters.
We are making our plans to escape this weekend to the seaside.

Happy Monday everyone and that includes you Gillybob

Georgesgran Mon 13-Jul-20 09:34:39

Cool and cloudy in Durham today. Posted earlier, but it’s disappeared. Modern technology!!
Not much planned, but DH has been to Surgery for blood test prior to tomorrow’s chemo.

Must say I was a bit anxious out with DD2 yesterday, but masks and social distancing observed.

I should have been born in Harrogate (long story) and remember DM often saying how she used to be asked by ‘day trippers’ for directions to the sea! The day after I passed my driving test - I took her down to Harrogate - still go regularly and remember it was the place she was healthiest.

Hope everyone has the best day they can. X

MellowYellow Mon 13-Jul-20 09:34:45

Good morning from sunny south Cornwall. A quiet day for me, after a hectic grandchildren weekend. Impromptu coffee at the beach last evening with my youngest son, so relaxed and lovely. Loads of people swimming. This son has booked him, me and his 10 year old son to go to the Eden Project next weekend. Funny to think we used to just turn up whenever we wanted and now we have a time slot! Today I may just take a book to the park and lie on a rug. Waiting for two new hips (2025 at this rate ha ha ha) so in a fair amount of pain generally, but I have got used to it mostly. All the best to all of you with your joys and worries.

Susan56 Mon 13-Jul-20 09:35:49

Thank you for popping in Marydoll,hope you start to feel better soon?

Hope your daughter is ok kitty.

Auntieflo Mon 13-Jul-20 09:48:33

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Mick, I hope you meant chores in your flat, and not choirs!
We also watched the Imagine programme, fantastic talented family, and having another young guitarist staying with them.
I was Pootling about in the garden again yesterday, and am now feeling the after effects, so easy day today.
Sorry to hear that Marydoll is feeling poorly, so sending a gentle hug.
Harrigran also nice to hear that you hand is a bit better.
Last night I watched a film that I had recorded, as it was on very late on Sat night, called X + Y. I enjoyed it and it, but the sound quality was not good.
Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Mon 13-Jul-20 09:55:57

Good morning all from a dreich, very wet day in Glasgow.

Hope your DD is ok kitty also Bellasnana
What a rotten time you are having Marydoll.
Good luck for today gilly

A day indoors then footering and faffing.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and hoping all with painful times/worries have a better day.

Nortsat Mon 13-Jul-20 09:57:18

Marydoll ?

mumofmadboys Mon 13-Jul-20 09:59:44

Good morning all from Cumbria. Drizzling here and not a good forecast. I got up early and set off at 6 am and walked around Derwentwater. Now lazing in a hot bath! Hope you feel a bit better soon Marydoll. Also hope your DD is rapidly helped Kitty. Let's also hope your business secures the contract Gilly. Have a peaceful day one and all.

Newquay Mon 13-Jul-20 10:04:43

Morning all from overcast Staffs. Mellowyellow are we welcome in Cornwall then? In a couple of weeks time we’re going for a week with DD1-they’ve been isolated all this time, as have we, and we’re in their bubble. We stay in 2 mobile homes so have own facilities. My only concern really is needing a wee break on the motorway!

Bella51 Mon 13-Jul-20 10:16:51

Good morning from Fermanagh where it's a very wet day again. My grandchildren are here and we just want this rain to stop. It's been lovely seeing them again, only the second time this year!

Legs55 Mon 13-Jul-20 10:27:53

Good morning all from sunny/cloudy Devon, warm with rain promised later.

Already been out shopping this morning, I was in Tesco at 7.30, lovely, no queues. Not many people about. Now to start painting again, 3rd coat in Lounge then put some of furniture back. I need help to move more furniture before I can finish off Dining Room end of Lounge, waiting until DD can fit me in to her busy schedule of Home Schooling, looking after 3 year old DGS & being a Carer for her OH, that's besides shopping, washing & houseworkgrin

If it stays fine I will potter in the garden latersmile

MellowYellow Mon 13-Jul-20 10:29:54

Oh yes Newquay you're very welcome. I had just wanted to explain why we're nervous, that's all.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 13-Jul-20 10:31:48

Good morning all. Bright here in the north. There was a lot of traffic on the road at the weekend and clearly lots of holidaymakers heading for the beaches. I will continue with home deliveries. Off to cut the grass before lunch. Best wishes to all feeling under the weather and/or lonely.