Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Sat 18-Jul-20 06:11:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but slightly cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
I received my rail tickets yesterday, ready for 2 weeks today.
Today though Bicester via Buckingham and back , usual small shops , cafe stops ,and browse the flea market .
Mind you I cannot wait until bus routes are all back on normal , but the future lays in the balance of everyone.
Take Care ,
Mick

Nannytopsy Sat 18-Jul-20 08:44:02

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Cloudy so far in Suffolk after a muggy night.
DD & SiL came yesterday and will be here until tomorrow. This afternoon we will launch our new BBQ when DS & DGC join us. I ate far too much last night and have not slept very well - my own fault.!
Best get moving - I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jul-20 08:51:55

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Sat 18-Jul-20 08:56:29

Good morning from the NE where it is raining.
It is DIL's birthday and the family are having a day out in the countryside, will video call them tonight.
We had our lobster for lunch yesterday and it was superb, a long time since I enjoyed a meal as much as that. DH opened a Puligny Montrachet which was excellent.
No plans to leave the house today.

Susan56 Sat 18-Jul-20 09:12:37

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s raining again?‍♀️

I am going to visit my mum in Cheshire today with DD1 and the children.DH staying at home as the plumber said he may come to fix the showers today.First time since lockdown DH and I have different plans for the day.

Lovely picture of your granddaughter Sar?

Glad your pain is reducing Marydoll??

Hope Hattie had a comfortable night Maw and that she is continuing to improve.

Sending love to Cherry???blue sapphire,dragonfly,Ellan,gilly and everyone else with illness and worries.

Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Sat 18-Jul-20 09:14:51

Good morning All. I'm glad your tickets arrived Mick. It'll be something to look forward to. What lovely photos Sar53. You must be so proud of her. Gingster you are having a rotten time. I hope your DD partner is diagnosed and helped very soon and your wee dog is ok. *Pantglas *enjoy your dinner out. In fact there are lots of nice dinners mentioned today! It's making me hungry. It is bright with blue skies here in Polmont. Apart from a trip to aldi, I have nothing planned for today. I will get up to date with housework and potter. I hope everyone has a good day x

Georgesgran Sat 18-Jul-20 09:21:23

Good morning from Durham - it’s raining. Where has our Summer gone, but we’ve also had some lovely warm evenings up here - perfect for a glass of wine and a chapter or two of my current book outside.

I suppose the rain will make the weeds easier to dig out and that’s what I should be doing. However, another cup of tea and an hour with Judge Judy first? Can’t rush these things!

Hope everyone has the best day they can. X

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Jul-20 09:26:37

Good morning Mick and all

Warm and overcast in my part of S E Essex

Sar53 lovely smiley photo of Seren, you must feel so proud, hope you get to see her soon. We are coming near you this afternoon to visit DS, DIL
And GS’s for a BBQ.

It seems we are all tentatively venturing out more, we visited friends in their garden yesterday afternoon and stayed till 10pm it was lovely to catch up and it was still warm when we left.

Gingster hoping you have some positive news regarding your DD’s partner.

Marydoll good that your pain levels have reduced, fingers crossed that the other side effects diminish soon.

Sending positive thoughts to all our Goodmorning friends who are struggling ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Marydoll Sat 18-Jul-20 09:27:38

Georgesgran, you are lucky, we are still waiting for our summer here! sad

Gelisajams Sat 18-Jul-20 09:30:04

Good morning from a very windy Shetland where at least it’s dry. It was hard walking yesterday in the wind and I suspect it will be the same today when we venture out. The wind does make for the sea being interesting. Glad to hear the pain relief has started at last Marydoll take care and stay safe everyone ?

MawB Sat 18-Jul-20 09:30:20

Good morning all from a very empty house in N Bucks. Instinctively went to open the door to the garden when I got up to make myself a cup of tea!
Hattie will be in doggie hospital on a drip to rehydrate her over the weekend at eye- watering prices probably £900+ on top of the £600+ I have paid so far for blood tests etc
Thank goodness for Petplan.
She had a good night (they rang me just after 7) but her temperature is still fluctuating although not as high as it was at the start of the week.
Having stayed in with her all week I feel at a bit of a loss for the weekend - can’t really go out for a browse and a coffee like we could pre-Covid!
Anyway with good wishes to all who have much more serious problems than mine, I will just wish you all a pleasant day.

NannyJan53 Sat 18-Jul-20 09:37:09

Good Morning from a dull Black Country. It was so lovely and sunny yesterday, and had a lovely walk in the countryside with DD and family and Mum.

Up and out by 7.30am today, as Partner had to take his car to have a tow bar fitted, and I drove behind to bring him back. Will have to go again this afternoon to bring car home. Now we can tow the caravan!

Housework today and a homemade chicken tandoori tonight.

Hoping you hear some good news of your DD's partner today Gingster

Mapleleaf Sat 18-Jul-20 09:37:23

Good morning everyone,

A rather dull but very still and mild morning here. It looks as if it might rain at some point. Such a contrast to yesterday which developed into a lovely day.

Still a bit groggy - someone phoned at 3.40 this morning but left no message or number. So annoying. By time DH had fumbled to the phone it had jumped to answer phone but no message was left. They didn’t try again, so no wiser as to who it might have been. You automatically think the worst, don’t you, when the phone rings at that time of day. Took me ages to get back to sleep.

Oh well, breakfast time now, then who knows what I’ll do!

Enjoy your day if you can. ?

grandMattie Sat 18-Jul-20 09:41:42

Marydol, what fantastic news! I’m so pleased for you.

Puzzler61 Sat 18-Jul-20 09:42:32

And so am I Marydoll. Onwards and upward ?

Puzzler61 Sat 18-Jul-20 09:43:07

MawB I’ve private messaged you.

Grandmafrench Sat 18-Jul-20 09:46:02

Good Morning everyone. Amazing day ☀️??????here again in the S of ??. It has to be, really, to stick to our 300 days of sunshine per year rule. The Tourist Board wouldn’t want to be sued for misrepresentation! ?

Glad so many GM’s are feeling more confident and making some plans. What was it The Bumbler used to say, often enough to drive anyone crazy, about Brexit? “ Take back control?” Well that nonsense finally makes some sense....we’re all of us trying our hardest now to make some little changes towards a more normal life for ourselves and our families. It seems that after all these months, we can slowly hope for something a bit better. Baby steps are what we need and that sounds like a plan, so have fun all of you who can. Me? I’m going out to buy plants...and elastic! (Don’t ask!) Then work/sit in the garden. ?

Hope your foot is better, Gingster and you get better family and dog news very soon. Less pain, Marydoll and a bit of driving.....hopefully, and after so long, you’ll soon be on the up! Fingers crossed that MawB’ s lovely Hattie will be home from ? hospital shortly and feeling lots better. dragonfly .....feel strong again soon. x

To everyone, here and absent from the forum, please know that you’re thought about fondly and with all good wishes that life will soon improve.

Stay safe - but make sure you have the very best Saturday you can.
Hugs x

mrswoo Sat 18-Jul-20 10:12:14

Good morning from another grey Newcastle day. It has been raining quite heavily but looks as if it might just have stopped. It better stop before this afternoon as - drum roll - I am going to the hairdressers! I’m a wee bit apprehensive but I’m sure it will be quite safe. My biggest fear is that if there is any dampness in the air my newly coiffed locks will end up a mass of frizz before I even get home.

Sar what a lovely picture of your DGD.

marydoll it’s good to hear that you are starting to feel less pain. Onwards and upwards - but don’t overdo things. I thought of you yesterday when I heard that your favourite M&S outlet store was closing but was relieved to know it’s relocating to the new shopping area near The Range.

Gillybob I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all you hard work pays off and you get a sale soon. I was happy to see your Friday girl put in an appearance yesterday.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday, wherever you are and whatever you do.

NannyJan53 Sat 18-Jul-20 10:24:58

MawB Wishing Hattie a speedy recovery.

BladeAnnie Sat 18-Jul-20 10:25:35

Good morning all from an overcast and breezy mid-Notts. Can't be too cold as his Lordship the cat has been out on the terrace/catio. He is shouting rather loudly from the basement now. Usually means attend to my tray NOW!! DD1 is going to call round later to pick something up so it will be nice to have a socially distanced chat rather than face time. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

EllanVannin Sat 18-Jul-20 10:26:32

Good Morning All x
It's darker than it was an hour ago with the cloud hanging here. I've not been a bit happy about the miserable weather this week. It doesn't give you much oomph to do anything really.

Marydoll, I was going to say that you'd probably feel unwell for about 6 weeks before you got accustomed to the medication but it wouldn't have been the done thing to have said so at the time. However you'll feel okay again in a couple of weeks, honest. grin

A bit of local shopping to do to decide what's on the menu for tomorrow. I don't expect D to make an appearance because she'll be busy with preparations etc. for the birthday tea tomorrow. I know she's venturing to M&S today again.

I was reading the local paper and it solved the helicopter saga from the other night. It was a stolen car which was driving recklessly through the nearby village and one man was arrested, the others fled. I always like to know why the helicopter's circling---11.40 until gone midnight . So now I know. I'm sure these car thieves know that they'll get caught.

Good old sausage and mash today so that'll fill a hole. Also if I put my mind to it and make a sponge cake, I can then have a chunk of that too. There are some eggs to use up as well.

Lovely photo Sar and a reminder of how quickly the children grow---in front of your eyes. You realise it even more when shoes no longer fit after the summer holidays when they return in September. Sudden growth spurts.

I could do with another album of the children with pics transferred from D's phone and put onto laminated pages. D had this done a couple of years ago in New York when shopping there. They're a lovely keepsake. Even in 2 years the children have changed so much.

Must get a move on, after I've wished everyone well of course and hope there's some improvement in those who aren't feeling up to the mark. Enjoy whatever you do today but remain safe xx

GrannyGravy13 Sat 18-Jul-20 10:34:39

MawB I hope Hattie is soon on the mend and back home with you soon ?

Kalu Sat 18-Jul-20 10:51:41

Good morning all from a now sunny but breezy Glasgow.

Lovely picture of your GD Sar I know they have to grow up but my, doesn’t it happen too quickly?
What a horrible time for you Gingster. Such a frightening time for your DD and her partner. Poor little dog with dysplasia at 3 years old. Good luck trying to keep her indoors for a week!
Hattie will be missing you Maw as much as you are missing her. Hoping her treatment goes well and she is home with you soon. That really was an eye watering vet. bill!
Good news your pain levels are going down Marydoll ? What I have noticed on the roads is the speed at which many people are travelling, acting like excited children out of control with no awareness other drivers are also on the road. I only hope it calms down.

Well, the summer is over for the day as clouds have now appeared. All we can hope for is a dry day at least. ?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and best wishes for a better day for those of you with illness, worries or difficult times.

Urmstongran Sat 18-Jul-20 11:17:19

Sorry to hear Hattie’s had to be looked after by the vet for treatment Maw. Hope she’s home with you soon.

I’m sat on the balcony in the shade but it’s lovely and warm with a gentle breeze. Someone is practicing their violin ...

Purplepixie Sat 18-Jul-20 11:25:56

Good morning from a very grey but warm East Midlands.

Maw I hope Hattie is better and with you soon. They are such a worry but we will pay the earth just to get our pets well. I know as my beautiful tabby, who died last November had diabetes for the last 9 years. I had to inject her twice per day and she had to have blood tests 3 times per year but she did live until she was 20.5 years. The vets know what to charge don’t they.

Just made some chocolate chip cookies and carrot and coriander soup for lunch today.

Stay safe all and have the best day possible.

gillybob Sat 18-Jul-20 11:33:42

As my dad says “vets and dentists, have a licence to print money” grin

Poor Hattie I hope she’s home with you soon Maw