Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Sat 18-Jul-20 06:11:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but slightly cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
I received my rail tickets yesterday, ready for 2 weeks today.
Today though Bicester via Buckingham and back , usual small shops , cafe stops ,and browse the flea market .
Mind you I cannot wait until bus routes are all back on normal , but the future lays in the balance of everyone.
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Sat 18-Jul-20 06:32:19

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is cloudy and dry.

I bet you were pleased to receive those tickets Mick.

My food shop was a little different yesterday. We could wander where we liked. I’m glad/appreciate that I’ve been able to go to the store all the time as I’ve been through the changes and progress they have made. After my first trip where I was frightened to even look at anyone and a quick mutter of thank you at the till I feel more normal and accepting of the situation and have even had a few chats with till staff.

Ironing today, sort out some admin and make some celery soup when I find a recipe.

Take care all and hope you enjoy your day ?

grandMattie Sat 18-Jul-20 06:35:54

Good morning from a bright E Kent. Unusually, there is no breeze, so it’s very stuffy. Going to be (horribly) hot today ?
Felt like Saturday all day yesterday, so now I have to go through it all over again!
Nothing on. Need to think of something interesting for DS1’s dinner. Probably stuffed aubergine. It’s probably my favourite vegetable.
Be kind to your selves and stay saf3 today.

grandMattie Sat 18-Jul-20 06:36:50

Celery and Stilton soup, Beech?

Beechnut Sat 18-Jul-20 06:50:29

That’ll be tasty. I would like that grandMattie and will keep it in mind as I haven’t any Stilton.

Pantglas2 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:08:45

Morning all from sunny Spain where I’m enjoying the chamberpot of tea ☕️ which DH has kindly delivered with a ‘nag’ that I haven’t done the final coat on the terrace bench seat!

Events overtook me is my excuse reason so I’d better shift myself if I’m to meet friends for coffee later!

I’ve made celery and walnut soup Beechnut and that was delicious ? ! Out for dinner this evening so no cooking for me today - hope everyone has a lovely Saturday x

Puzzler61 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:13:14

Good morning to Mick and all from cloudy Worcs.
Very pleased you’ve received rail tickets Mick - is your toe better now?
DD2 sent photos from Dartmoor yesterday where she has been taking a walking holiday this week. It looked very “spacious” and she said there are few people around mid-week. She wears a leopard print face covering - bet that confuses the ponies!
DH & I have a blank diary today so we’ll choose a walk somewhere.
We picked up Chinese foods from M&S yesterday so tea is sorted.

I hope our missing GM followers are feeling stronger and will join us again soon. Thinking of them. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 18-Jul-20 07:31:34

Good morning from east London, grey at the moment but if it heats up like yesterday, it’ll be a roaster. Nothing much to do today, but something always turns up. Spent a bit of yesterday locating local building merchants for DP for materials for his latest building project in the garden (he doesn’t seem to understand how to use search engines). We are having a bench at the end of the garden near the fire pit so it’s bench, paving slabs and a lot of sand. I’ve also started doing a family tree; my mam spent part of her retirement doing this which seems to have involved looking at lots of rolls of microfiche at the archives; after she died, I think her research must have gone out along with a lot of other things. Seems so much easier now, with resources on line.
Hope you have a good day.

brook2704 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:32:57

Good morning everyone from a sunny Inverness - yesterday was a beautiful day, a bit windy but warm sunshine. A great day for drying the washing!
I spent most of the day happily pottering in the garden but I think I’ll be off for a longish walk today whilst the weathers good - just haven’t decided where to go yet...
So pleased you’ve got your trip sorted mick it’s good to have something to look forward to. I’m desperately wanting to go to visit DD1 and DGS in Cambridge but haven’t planned it yet as still dithering over how to best get there ...
I hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and stay safe whatever the day brings ?

Sar53 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:33:26

Good morning from a very bright and sunny Essex by the sea. A lovely day yesterday and I think the same today.
My second eldest granddaughter, Seren, finished junior school yesterday. This is her at 4 1/2 on her first day at school and at 11 1/2 on her last day. What a difference !!! As the school didn't/couldn't do much to celebrate, my DD and SIL had a bbq for her and her friends. Lovely memories.
We will be off out for a long walk by the sea later. I may watch the next episode of the Crown, which I am slowly getting through.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe xx

kittylester Sat 18-Jul-20 07:33:45

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is quite muggy.

Mick - you are definitely braver than I!

My bravery today involves a walk into the village for some flowers and some gardening.

I had a lovely afternoon sitting in the garden with my friend yesterday while DH went for a walk at a local beauty spot which he said was like Piccadilly Circus!

cornergran Sat 18-Jul-20 07:34:38

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloud over our corner of Somerset should disappear in a couple of hours. Enjoyed a trip out yesterday. Roads and motorway were very busy in the afternoon, it seems holiday traffic has really picked up, won’t go far today. A walk and some garden pottering for me, Mr C plans to investigate the shed roof, apparently needs attention hmm. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

MellowYellow Sat 18-Jul-20 07:34:42

Morning everyone from south Cornwall where the air is claggy. Is that even a word?! To the Eden Project with two sons and three small grandkids today, for eldest son's birthday. Timed and booked entry but then we can stay all day. Takeaway food (their grub is lovely) and more places than usual to eat it outside. Should be fun! Yesterday I made popcorn with 4-year-old granddaughter and left the lid off the pan for fun. Her squeals were gorgeous. Have a good day everyone and I hope for comfort for anyone with worries.

MellowYellow Sat 18-Jul-20 07:36:34

Lovely pic Sar53.

Puzzler61 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:45:41

Love the photo Sar53. Where do the years go?

mancgirl Sat 18-Jul-20 07:49:03

Good morning from sunny Scotland. Had a lovely walk through a forest yesterday. Set off with a fleece on, down to t shirts in no time. Had a meal in a local pub in the evening. The outside area was buzzing with people sitting out in the sun. Almost felt normal. Not sure just yet what to do today, drive or another walk but either way we'll enjoy the beautiful scenery. Have a good day everyone.

mancgirl Sat 18-Jul-20 07:49:49

PS such a lovely pic Sar how quickly they grow up!

Pantglas2 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:55:54

Lovely photo Sar53 - and she is your little star ⭐️ isn’t she!

Gingster Sat 18-Jul-20 08:06:40

Good morning all. Very warm yesterday and a very stuffy night. Bit overcast here In Essex at the moment .

Took little pooch to the vets last evening and its not good news. Think she might have elbow dysplacia. She’s on medication for a week and no walks. Confined to one room. How can I do that ! ? She’s only 3 and full of energy and fun. Loves chasing her ball . We have to get her exrayed in a couple of weeks. ?

Eldest GD here today for her 18th birthday lunch. Just a smallish family do, instead of a bigger party. We’ll make it a celebration for her though, and have fun. ?

No update On DD’s partner. Still in hospital and still can’t move. He’s on steroids.

Lovely pic of you GD Sar. The time just flies, doesn’t it?

Have a happy day ?

Marydoll Sat 18-Jul-20 08:17:12

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, the ground was wet, so we must have had overnight rain.
Sar, what a lovely picture. ? Mick, glad your tickets arrived.

Another easy day for me, four weeks later and I'm still getting side effects, too many to bore you all with! Not much sleep.
However, I suddenly realised yesterday that my pain levels have reduced. Yippee!!

Looking forward to seeing my DD and daughter, who are coming up with my prescriptions and help DH test the gazebo we have purchased for DD's wedding in our garden.
I have Belgian buns proving overnight to go with coffee, but realised I have no lemon curd, so they will be jam centred.

Yesterday, the Tesco delivery came early, so I rashly decided to drive to DD's flat with hers, as she was working from home.
It's only fourteen days until shielding is paused, so my idea was ease myself into driving again.
Big mistake.
There were three way traffic lights at the end of the main road and I couldn't get out of our wee street, the traffic was stacked up and it looked like Monday morning rush hour.
As I headed into town, it got worse. Has anyone else noticed that people have forgotten to drive carefully and safely??
Moan over!

Have the best day you can and as usual thinking of all our friends who need our support

Nortsat Sat 18-Jul-20 08:22:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London.
We plan to garden today, but if it’s going to be hot, we may postpone.

It’s lovely to hear about everyone’s plans and activities. Your DGC are delightful Sar. I hope you get some good news about your DD’s partner Ginster, how worrying for everyone.

Two more weeks until shielding (supposedly) ends. My partner is already planning some trips out for us.

I plan steak in a red wine jus, with green vegetables for supper and we will open a bottle of something nice.

Have a good weekend all. Thinking of Cherry and Bluesapphire, hoping Maryd is making progress and ?to all who would like some.

Urmstongran Sat 18-Jul-20 08:33:07

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

We have no plans today so will take the day as it comes. Himself might be having beers with his friend but as his friend’s brother arrived earlier in the week from Glasgow, maybe not.

Was glad to see your Friday ‘happy girl’ yesterday gillybob. I do hope you get that big order - it must be a nail biting time for you all.

I rang my stepfather yesterday and was delighted to hear his bowling club - a ten minute stroll from his house - is to open the bar and lounge area from next Friday. He is so looking forward to going back in to spend an evening chatting with his friends.

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Greyduster Sat 18-Jul-20 08:36:07

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A dull start to the day today - it was lovely yesterday. Car cleaning, inside and out, today. The boot looks like a jumble sale and the inside is full of sand from our day at the beach on Tuesday! Then I have to sort out the jungle that is the top flowerbed. Had a lovely walk in their local woods with GS yesterday. He was full of the joys of Spring because all schoolwork is now finished and he can throttle back (aka linger in bed of a morning!). Have a good safe day folks.

gillybob Sat 18-Jul-20 08:36:40

Good morning from the NE coast where it is a absolutely lashing down with rain. What a miserable non-summer this is turning out to be .

No plans for today other than a small supermarket shop as it’s too wet to do much of anything outside .

Lovely photo of your DGD Sar53 . You have to ask yourself where the years go don’t you ? smile

There’s a lot more traffic on the roads now Marydoll not quite back to normal but getting there .

Thinking of our friends CherryCezzy and BlueSapphire and I hope everyone has as good a Saturday as possible and that we all get to see some sunshine soon . Love Gillybob xx

Pittcity Sat 18-Jul-20 08:43:45

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Very warm though.
We sat in the garden with friends and a glass or three until late last night and didn't even need a cardi! I feel a bit delicate this morning though......
Nothing on today's agenda. DH has gone to his outdoor gym class. We will have leftover takeaway noodles for lunch.